United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 21-11-2021, 01:44 PM
elhombre

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
Not a chance imo. Take away his history with United and we wouldn't have appointed him in a million years. Can't see another top half club going anywhere near him.

Then again, the likes of Steve Bruce keep getting jobs so who knows?
this. he coming here was a purely sentimental decision.

Unread 21-11-2021, 01:44 PM
tatty

I want to see him in the stands at the next game...booing Carrick.

Unread 21-11-2021, 03:35 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnificentSeven
everton or leicester, a team of that calibre.
Maybe their women's teams

Unread 21-11-2021, 03:39 PM
Drexl

Boat builder

On the banks of a fjord, hewing a canoe out of a single peice of wood. Possibly whilst wearing a wolfskin and a bronze crown

Unread 21-11-2021, 09:06 PM
Buck

I don't agree that he won't get offers from Premier League clubs. There were guys who would bounce around club after club doing nothing more than just scrapping around to survive. You can't take Ole getting a 3rd and 2nd place finish from away from him. That's still an achievement for him as a manager that shows he can manage at this level. Where he's fallen short is when the expectations were raised. But he did a good job laying foundations to get to a point where people demand more.

Unread 21-11-2021, 09:26 PM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
Maybe their women's teams

He will struggle to even get a championship club.

Unread 21-11-2021, 09:27 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck
I don't agree that he won't get offers from Premier League clubs. There were guys who would bounce around club after club doing nothing more than just scrapping around to survive. You can't take Ole getting a 3rd and 2nd place finish from away from him. That's still an achievement for him as a manager that shows he can manage at this level. Where he's fallen short is when the expectations were raised. But he did a good job laying foundations to get to a point where people demand more.
I can't see him getting a premier league job. He's been a figure of fun for the majority of opposition fans in the premier league, due it being Utd. He's been thrust into a relegation battle before and ended up being relegated - although I thought at the time that was a stupid decision to join Cardiff.

The clubs most likely willing to appoint him are going to be in and around the bottom 3, and I'm not sure they would even take the risk. I can't believe someone suggested Everton or Leicester before, they'd be absolutely nowhere near him. Everton's last two managers have won the Champions League. The standard of managers in the league seems to improve year on year.

Not sure he will manage anywhere tbh, as I suspect this job has drained him and what would be his ultimate objective now he's been at Utd. He will never get a top job again.

Unread 21-11-2021, 09:57 PM
Zorg

Sheffield Wednesday or Coventry somewhere.

Unread 21-11-2021, 10:07 PM
ZiggyStardust

Not trying to be derogatory to Ole but he’s not going to offered a PL job again

Wouldn’t be surprised if he never manages again

Can’t see him getting a job in one of Europe’s top 5 leagues and not sure you can go back to managing a Norwegian club after managing Utd
Would he have the motivation for that

Unread 21-11-2021, 10:18 PM
silv

He’s got his walks for mencap

Unread 21-11-2021, 10:33 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv
He’s got his walks for mencap

and doing more of these...loads of stuff

tbf, the man has got a 2nd and a 3rd place premier league finish on his cv. when you look at the records of a lot of managers who have managed in the premier league...

Unread 21-11-2021, 11:02 PM
Real United Fan

Hopefully Ferguson won’t get involved in next appointment Has had a hand in appointing the four previous duds

Unread 21-11-2021, 11:06 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real United Fan
Hopefully Ferguson won’t get involved in next appointment Has had a hand in appointing the four previous duds
Macheda as interim? What's Sheringham up to?

Robins is tearing shit up at Coventry apparently.

Unread 22-11-2021, 12:30 AM
otbarney

I hope he just retires and enjoys his pay off
Closed Thread