United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Hall of Fame

Unread 08-04-2020, 11:54 AM
Whip Hubley

Cool

watched it round a mates house, 2 school mates who, despite being born nowhere near liverpool, both scouse fans due to family or some bullshit

When the goal went in one stormed out saying he "never should have been on the pitch" and he didn't speak to me for a good week after

I ran round the living room doing a full giggsy shirt off laughing in the face of the other.

We were 13.

Good times.

Unread 08-04-2020, 12:07 PM
believe

First time my old man let me have a drink (I was 16) so had four halves and was feeling feisty. Don’t know if anyone remembers but they weirdly didn’t open the turn styles until shortly before kick off so when we got to the ground there were thousands of fans mixed and congregating trying to get in.

I joined in with a song and some fat old bloke (probably 30) ran up to me and kicked me in the shin. My dad absolutely leathered him but I was in agony all through the first half with a big lump on my shin.

Honestly don’t think I’ve ever seen a goal celebrated like it was since and there’s been a load of goon moments.

Unread 08-04-2020, 05:00 PM
red in cumbria

People tried to say stuff like "it was the worst cup final ever" in the aftermath, they resented our double that much

Unread 11-04-2020, 12:37 PM
HolyMackrelDoodleBonkon

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
First time my old man let me have a drink (I was 16) so had four halves and was feeling feisty. Don’t know if anyone remembers but they weirdly didn’t open the turn styles until shortly before kick off so when we got to the ground there were thousands of fans mixed and congregating trying to get in.

I joined in with a song and some fat old bloke (probably 30) ran up to me and kicked me in the shin. My dad absolutely leathered him but I was in agony all through the first half with a big lump on my shin.

Honestly don’t think I’ve ever seen a goal celebrated like it was since and there’s been a load of goon moments.
Yep. We was stood outside for ages waiting for them to open the turnstiles. A couple of Corries characters were spotted going into the VIP section (Kev Webster, Andy McDonald one of two others) and everyone started singing/humming the theme tune.
Unreal scenes when the goal went in. We was on the very back row right in the centre of the nets and a lad who was in front of us fell down a good 30 steps. Was like something out of a film. £#%&! knows how he didn't break him neck.

Unread 11-04-2020, 01:00 PM
Switching Off

Was at Menai, oritenteering

Managed to get in the common room just before Eric scored.

Unread 11-04-2020, 01:06 PM
Sparky***

i miss the old fa cup final days. full coverage on bbc1 from about 11 in the morning.

Was 15 when i watched that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
People tried to say stuff like "it was the worst cup final ever" in the aftermath, they resented our double that much
And how some of the cup finals we've had in the last 20 years have put that perspective. Some absolute one-sided borefests we've had since.

Unread 11-04-2020, 01:21 PM
sweetleftfoot

Was in the back row of the seats, right behind the goal. Never, ever have I gooned like that.

Unreal.

Eric, scousebuster.

Unread 11-04-2020, 06:06 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
And how some of the cup finals we've had in the last 20 years have put that perspective. Some absolute one-sided borefests we've had since.
We had also had three almost unwatchable hours of Arsenal and Sheffield Wednesday just a few years earlier.