United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 25-11-2021, 08:28 PM
atticusgrinch

Default Winners and losers

It'll obviously be quite the upheaval for our players over the coming weeks.

Which players will benefit from our new Teutonic overlord?

Which players conversely, will be in the deep deep poo-poo?

Unread 25-11-2021, 08:30 PM
Dasilvatwins

Winners: Ronaldo, Rashford, Greenwood, Sancho, Bruno, VDB, Varane

Losers ( or players he will need to teach how to play football) : Everyone else

Unread 25-11-2021, 08:32 PM
NedKelly

Weirdly I think Lindelof may benefit.

Unread 25-11-2021, 08:33 PM
AK14

Losers- Martial , Maguire, AWB, Pogba

Winners- Greenwood, The kids, Bruno, Beek, Sancho, Mctommers, Fred

Unread 25-11-2021, 08:35 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Losers- Martial , Maguire, AWB, Pogba

Winners- Greenwood, The kids, Bruno, Beek, Sancho, Mctommers, Fred
forgot about the academy players, i dont know what his track record is but with amad, mejbri, fernandez in the works, we might see them given chances

Unread 25-11-2021, 09:07 PM
Gypsum Fantastic

teutonic pressing guru

losers: ronaldo, most of the squad
winners: erm...

Unread 25-11-2021, 09:08 PM
est.1878

Germans will not tolerate clunky WiFi in the south stand

Unread 25-11-2021, 09:33 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsum Fantastic
teutonic pressing guru

losers: ronaldo, most of the squad
winners: erm...
Ron will just need to close down passing lanes and convert scoring chances. He'll be reet.

It's game over for Martial and AWB imo. For different reasons. Not racial ones though hopefully.

Rashford and Greenwood will really benefit from some proper coaching. Shaw might be too stupid to survive.

Donny's season just got a whole lot better. Dalot might actually get some coaching and game time.

Bruno's relentless energy might now get some direction - probably further back.

It's a brave new world.

Unread 25-11-2021, 09:35 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
Ron will just need to close down passing lanes and convert scoring chances. He'll be reet.

It's game over for Martial and AWB imo. For different reasons. Not racial ones though hopefully.

Rashford and Greenwood will really benefit from some proper coaching. Shaw might be too stupid to survive.

Donny's season just got a whole lot better. Dalot might actually get some coaching and game time.

Bruno's relentless energy might now get some direction - probably further back.

It's a brave new world.
Varane to come back. Im hoping he can drill off the ball positioning into these #@&%!s. It will cut out alot of self inflicted issues we have.

Unread 25-11-2021, 09:51 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
forgot about the academy players, i dont know what his track record is but with amad, mejbri, fernandez in the works, we might see them given chances
Laird at Swansea too

Looks a better option than AWB and Dalot already

I get that’s not exactly a high bar but… it’s something I suppose.

Unread 25-11-2021, 10:00 PM
Dr Stranger

Ronaldo will be fine.

The full backs and the players we know who can be lazy/need indulging (Pogba, Martial) will struggle.

Some of them need a rocket up their arse and a response from how they’ve been playing recently (awb, Shaw, Maguire, Bruno, rashford and particularly Maguire)

Sancho, Beeky, Ronaldo should benefit and I actually think he might utilise the strengths (or more like minimise the weaknesses) of Mfred quite well.

It’s an interesting appointment and some of them are gonna be dragged right out of their comfort zone, because this guy clearly doesn’t £#%&! about.

We’ve spent a fair bit of time discussing “is it the players or the manager at fault?” And I think we’ll have a better indication in the coming weeks because they won’t be allowed to coast.

Unread 25-11-2021, 10:01 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Laird at Swansea too

Looks a better option than AWB and Dalot already

I get that’s not exactly a high bar but… it’s something I suppose.
Swansea play in the championship right? whilst is isnt the highest level if he looking like a star player he might just be able to be competent at a higher level.

might be worth a shout. a couple of training sessions with AWB and im sure something will be done at RB. He just doesnt seem like the kind of guy who can adhere to instructions.

He does the basics very poor, apart from tackling, probably best in the country for putting in a tackle

Unread 25-11-2021, 10:01 PM
dunk

Clean slate etc. just need to hang on for May for another clean slate..

Unread 25-11-2021, 10:11 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Clean slate etc. just need to hang on for May for another clean slate..
I think the fact that he’s staying is important. He’ll be working with Clean Slate 2 guy. I wonder if the club were looking for something like that just to avoid six months of players coasting.

Unread 25-11-2021, 10:14 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
I think the fact that he’s staying is important. He’ll be working with Clean Slate 2 guy. I wonder if the club were looking for something like that just to avoid six months of players coasting.
Hopefully. It would be nice to know more about his role after this season, especially given our dire needs in midfield, having a squad littered with high earning pointlessness and a fast approaching transfer window..

Was wondering if Rangnick getting the job brings Graham Potter back into consideration too..

Unread 25-11-2021, 10:20 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Hopefully. It would be nice to know more about his role after this season, especially given our dire needs in midfield, having a squad littered with high earning pointlessness and a fast approaching transfer window..

Was wondering if Rangnick getting the job brings Graham Potter back into consideration too..
You’d like to think there’d be a sense of him bridging a transition rather than just being a stop gap. Don’t really want the players settling into his methods and then having to abandon it all for someone else.

I don’t know much about the guy outside of what people have posted on here and the clips circulating, but I’m pleased at the type of manager he is: experienced, clearly defined style and a total removal from the club. We need some new perspectives rather than just giving various jobs to ex players.

Unread 25-11-2021, 10:22 PM
Vedder

I think Fred is going to be a different player under Rangnick

Pogba is £#%&!ed

Unread 25-11-2021, 10:25 PM
dunk

Pogba is off anyway, he doesn’t give a £#%&!.

Unread 25-11-2021, 10:58 PM
Drexl

Thumbs up

Winners: the fans

Tbf, it sounds like Joel Glazer has actually pulled a good one here. Sounds like he's basically said to those interviewed: thrill me with your idea of footie.

Thank GOD no southgate and hopefully no poch

Leeewhewhewzers: the piss takers will probs start dropping like flies with hamstrings once they are forced to start pressing.

Unread 26-11-2021, 12:27 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by est.1878
Germans will not tolerate clunky WiFi in the south stand
they will not like the additional volume in the match threads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vedder
I think Fred is going to be a different player under Rangnick
ooh. bissouma, maybe?
Closed Thread