United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 24-08-2022, 09:39 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger View Post
Can’t see him and Antony unless we make some money on someone.

Martinez: £45m
Malacia: £15m
Casemiro: £60m
Antony: £80m
Gakpo: £35m

Can’t see any way the Glazers are dishing out over £200m.
I don’t think they’ve got any choice they need to get the value of the club back up, only way to do it is improving it on the pitch. They’ve cut £#%&!ing shitloads off the wage bill, lost 20 players and are looking to get rid of another 4 or 5, we need bodies in. They need to get us back in the CL ASAP and to back the manager. It’s either that or accept we’re midtable until sold.

Can honestly see Antony, Gakpo, Keeper and FDJ arriving one way or another

Unread 24-08-2022, 09:43 PM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vedder View Post
This one smells on

Unread 24-08-2022, 09:44 PM
Sparky***

is he even that good?

Unread 24-08-2022, 09:45 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk View Post
I don’t think they’ve got any choice they need to get the value of the club back up, only way to do it is improving it on the pitch. They’ve cut £#%&!ing shitloads off the wage bill, lost 20 players and are looking to get rid of another 4 or 5, we need bodies in. They need to get us back in the CL ASAP and to back the manager. It’s either that or accept we’re midtable until sold.

Don’t disagree with what we need, but I’m not sure they see it that way. We know how they try to do the bare minimum to get by.

I honestly think they’re so reactionary that they were ready to throw money at it after Brentford, but less so now after Monday night.

Unread 24-08-2022, 09:46 PM
Wayne Jenkins

Quote:
I don’t think they’ve got any choice they need to get the value of the club back up, only way to do it is improving it on the pitch. They’ve cut f***ing shitloads off the wage bill, lost 20 players and are looking to get rid of another 4 or 5, we need bodies in. They need to get us back in the CL ASAP and to back the manager. It’s either that or accept we’re midtable until sold.

If Ronaldo goes that's anothet £2m a month.

Ultimately they might be clueless, but we need to get in the top four and currently our attacking options arent good enough.

Unread 25-08-2022, 07:09 AM
Boring Dave

Quote:
I don’t think they’ve got any choice they need to get the value of the club back up, only way to do it is improving it on the pitch. They’ve cut f***ing shitloads off the wage bill, lost 20 players and are looking to get rid of another 4 or 5, we need bodies in. They need to get us back in the CL ASAP and to back the manager. It’s either that or accept we’re midtable until sold.

FDJ on loan with an obligation to buy, just to take pressure off this years transfer budget seems reasonable to me.

Unread 25-08-2022, 07:44 AM
Pop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky*** View Post
is he even that good?
Put it this way, have you ever heard of this €100m player before Utd were linked with him?

Unread 25-08-2022, 07:49 AM
Finport Red

Thumbs up

Quote:
is he even that good?
Has similar traits to Ronaldo at that age. White bits in his hair and terrible complexion.

Sign him up.

Unread 25-08-2022, 08:02 AM
Jethro

Part of me thinks he's just going to get clattered each week and will lose his spark. Hope I am wrong.

Unread 25-08-2022, 08:24 AM
AK14

Think he’ll eventually come good

Obviously he’ll get absolutely hammered if he hasn’t scored 5 goals in his first two games and Paul Merson will say we should have signed Aaron Lennon instead etc

Unread 25-08-2022, 08:34 AM
redhegemony

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14 View Post
Think he’ll eventually come good

Obviously he’ll get absolutely hammered if he hasn’t scored 5 goals in his first two games and Paul Merson will say we should have signed Aaron Lennon instead etc
Andros Townsend..

Unread 25-08-2022, 08:43 AM
Dr Stranger

Rush it through by 12 tomorrow, stick him in goal.

Unread 25-08-2022, 08:53 AM
windy waffles

I mean he looks good on youtube but...

Unread 25-08-2022, 09:15 AM
puressence

Him elanga and Martial up top 👀👀👀

Unread 25-08-2022, 09:31 AM
jem

it's an endearing quality that, when he loses the ball, he makes an effort to find a team mate. my only concern is that his legs move quicker than he does. reminds me of a cartoon character who has run over a cliff edge. hope he doesn't look down.

all in.

Unread 25-08-2022, 09:33 AM
Wayne Jenkins

Quote:
is he even that good?
Thought you were saying he's gonna be a star the other day!

Once again though it's a case of United running around in the final week of the window and paying a premium. Which is a shame because we still need another midfielder and right-back.

Unread 25-08-2022, 09:50 AM
Bunker Buster

What's he like on football manager....

Unread 25-08-2022, 10:04 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster View Post
What's he like on football manager....
You do realise clubs actually use the FM database to find players, right?

I expect you do being the oracle that you are.

Unread 25-08-2022, 10:07 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles View Post
You do realise clubs actually use the FM database to find players, right?

I expect you do being the oracle that you are.
Course they do mate, that's why the Premier league academy coaches I know are up and down the country all week.....

Didn't they know they could just stay at home....

Unread 25-08-2022, 10:18 AM
atticusgrinch

Reminds me of Nani. Good thing imv, but I do recall a lot of united fans bitching about Nani for years.