United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Hall of Fame

Unread 03-10-2014, 01:43 PM
ZiggyStardust

Football Brian Kidd

[SIZE="4"]Brian Kidd

I decided to do my next Utd video compilation on another of the hero's of 68, Brian Kidd

Kidd is not a popular figure amongst Utd's support these days due to being part of the Man City coaching staff but as a player and then assistant manager, he made a huge contribution to Utd's success down through the years

Kidd made his debut at the start of the 1967-68 season as an 18 year old and would go onto have a fantastic debut season scoring 17 goals including one in the European Cup Final on his 19th birthday (as well as setting one up for Bobby Charlton)

He was far more than just a goal poacher as he also possessed very good dribbling skills which often saw him deployed in a wide role as well as the ability to score great goals

Little did Kidd realise when lifting the European Cup in 68 that this would be the last piece of silverware he would lift in his playing career
Utd went into serious decline after the win in 68 and Kidd would eventually be sold to Arsenal in 1974 however he returned to the club as part of Alex Ferguson's back room staff to help the club back to the top of English football

Unread 03-10-2014, 02:07 PM
Sparky***

£#%&!ing blue @#%&!

Unread 03-10-2014, 02:07 PM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
£#%&!ing blue @#%&!

Unread 03-10-2014, 02:13 PM
HotChip

£#%&! Brian Kidd, the gormless blue @#%&!.

Unread 03-10-2014, 02:17 PM
Charlestown Rouge

Denis Law is forgiven as he actually started at City.

Schmikes, Cole, Hughes etc can £#%&! off for just being too lazy to move from Alderley Edge.

Unread 03-10-2014, 02:27 PM
S/Side.Red

Love these comps, tbh. Great work.

Unread 03-10-2014, 02:29 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Love these comps, tbh. Great work.
me too....apart from this one obviously

Unread 03-10-2014, 02:34 PM
ZiggyStardust

Not sure why some fans have a problem with Kiddo

Nobody seemed to have a problem with him coming back to the club as part of Fergie's backroom staff despite the fact he played for City after leaving us and even scored against us while he was there

But now that he is part of City's coaching staff it's gotten some fans knickers in a twist
I doubt he is a particularly wealthy individual so when he got offered a good job in City's coaching staff I'm not sure why he shouldn't take it

It's not like he's bad mouthed the club since he left

Unread 03-10-2014, 02:38 PM
forzagarza

Its because they're essentially bitter scouse @#%&!s who are unable to control their basic animal emotions. In other words they are mentally weak, its a miracle that all their personal relationships aren't features on Jeremy Kyle.

Unread 03-10-2014, 02:39 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
Not sure why some fans have a problem with Kiddo

Nobody seemed to have a problem with him coming back to the club as part of Fergie's backroom staff despite the fact he played for City after leaving us and even scored against us while he was there

But now that he is part of City's coaching staff it's gotten some fans knickers in a twist
I doubt he is a particularly wealthy individual so when he got offered a good job in City's coaching staff I'm not sure why he shouldn't take it

Was a bit of a rat bastard while at the club with Fergie by all accounts. But I agree in general.

Unread 03-10-2014, 02:41 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust

when he played for them it was a different era and he was an integral part of the rise of Fergie's United ...since he left he's acted like a #@&%! and his larging it in 2012 with those £#%&!ing @#%&!s, after slagging off United btw, will forever stick in my throat ...he's dead to me same as that @#%&! Schmeichel

ask Hughes what kind of guy Kidd is

Unread 03-10-2014, 02:51 PM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by £#%&! KFC

when he played for them it was a different era and he was an integral part of the rise of Fergie's United ...since he left he's acted like a #@&%! and his larging it in 2012 with those £#%&!ing @#%&!s, after slagging off United btw, will forever stick in my throat ...he's dead to me same as that @#%&! Schmeichel

Yeah imagine being part of a title winning coaching team and actually celebrating that achievement, what a #@&%!

And when exactly did he bad mouth the club since he left because I can't remember it

I don't know what sort of guy he is and nor do I care.
Does the fact that Giggs had a long running affair with his brothers wife affect my view of Giggs as a Utd great. Not in the slightest

Unread 03-10-2014, 02:51 PM
Rhodzy

Would love to see a comp of Giggs just in centre midfield.

Unread 03-10-2014, 02:52 PM
livelylobster

Yeah I'm sure he's not very wealthy.

Unread 03-10-2014, 03:01 PM
forzagarza

Quote:

So we're supposed to ask another player that half the forum hates on why we should hate another ex-player/ coach.

Unread 03-10-2014, 03:06 PM
Part 36 Offer

Thumbs up

My brother worked at City on the coaching staff for a while. Kiddo heard he was a red and approached him and introduced himself and was glowing about united's last performance saying afterwards "that us Reds stick together"

Top redeem down IMO.

Cole, schmeichel etc. they all come crawling back the @#%&!s

Unread 03-10-2014, 03:08 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:

Absolute nonsense

Unread 03-10-2014, 04:25 PM
Tumescent Throb

Schmeichel
Stepney
McIlroy
Cooke
Cole
Hughes
Kidd
Macken
Law
Tevez
Kanchelskis
Meredith
Busby

wasn't there another one who went to preston with macken (before turning up at city)? or was that cooke?

Unread 03-10-2014, 04:43 PM
75Red

I've got a problem with Kidd too.
Can't rationalise it, especially when facing the list of others who went to City.:shakehead:The only thing I can come up with is that it's because he's a Manc, so it seems like a betrayal from " one of our own".
£#%&! it now I sound like I should be on RAWK.
(Great player for us, NQAT.)

Unread 03-10-2014, 04:58 PM
suedeshoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by £#%&! KFC;
What's his username?