United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 12-03-2021, 09:02 PM
Vida_15

hard to say if he's been doing this for long periods of time as he's only 24.... but you can fully see the pace and strength but also an eye for the pass

Unread 13-03-2021, 09:06 AM
TheWhiteParrot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
2 frauds who played superbly against the best team in the land ever (tm) ?

Some of our fans ffs
You're right, let them share the ballon for next year.

Neither can pass a football.

A team who had Robson, Keane, Scholes ect should not be settling for average midfielders.

Unread 13-03-2021, 09:59 AM
DuanePipe

Wolves nearly signed him two years ago.

https://www.sportsmole.co.uk/footbal...ie_367399.html

So I've kept an eye on him for a while.

Maybe some getting carried away with his one performance against Utd. He's definitely decent but is he the answer for Utd's midfield? Don't think so. There's plenty of bog standard Premier League players that can do what Kessie does. Douglas Luiz, Yves Bissouma, Loftus-Cheek, Anguisa. I'd say even someone like Hojbjerg has more consistency.

I know for sure that when Wolves were looking, Milan fans would have been happy to 'drive him their myself' (in Italian) but he's definitely upped his game recently.

You wouldn't really want to be signing someone just because they can make Serie A look easy, would you?

Pedro Goncalves would be a better fit for Utd if you wanted some dynamism at an affordable price. But given the size of the club and the importance of the role, Saul would be the obvious choice.

As an objective 3rd party observer, I actually quite like Fred though. Despite the fact he's the only Brazilian midfielder in history who can't shoot, I think he's a valuable player.

Unread 16-03-2021, 06:51 PM
Vida_15

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuanePipe
Wolves nearly signed him two years ago.

https://www.sportsmole.co.uk/footbal...ie_367399.html

So I've kept an eye on him for a while.

Maybe some getting carried away with his one performance against Utd. He's definitely decent but is he the answer for Utd's midfield? Don't think so. There's plenty of bog standard Premier League players that can do what Kessie does. Douglas Luiz, Yves Bissouma, Loftus-Cheek, Anguisa. I'd say even someone like Hojbjerg has more consistency.

I know for sure that when Wolves were looking, Milan fans would have been happy to 'drive him their myself' (in Italian) but he's definitely upped his game recently.

You wouldn't really want to be signing someone just because they can make Serie A look easy, would you?

Pedro Goncalves would be a better fit for Utd if you wanted some dynamism at an affordable price. But given the size of the club and the importance of the role, Saul would be the obvious choice.

As an objective 3rd party observer, I actually quite like Fred though. Despite the fact he's the only Brazilian midfielder in history who can't shoot, I think he's a valuable player.
looks like he's an alternative to Sancho they are scouting....51m price tag

https://metro.co.uk/2021/03/16/manch...o=newsnow-feed

Unread 16-03-2021, 06:55 PM
Vedder

Not sure he’s an alternative when he’s not a winger

Unread 16-03-2021, 06:59 PM
Tronics

would prefer if we broke the bank and tried to sign someone like Grealish if we are looking at inverted-winger types

Unread 16-03-2021, 08:54 PM
DuanePipe

Be right odd if they view Goncalves as a Sancho alternative. Absolutely nothing like each other.

Wolves have a tasty sell-on clause with Goncalves so, bidding war please.

What's the lay of the land with VdB? Any chance he might be for sale? Eh?

Unread 16-03-2021, 08:56 PM
Ronny

Straight swap for Neves?

Unread 16-03-2021, 09:01 PM
DuanePipe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronny
Straight swap for Neves?
Think Neves has been pretty gash this season to be honest, so maybe. Seems to be stat padding with dozens of 6 yard backwards passes per game rather than using his actual talent to pass it forward.

Straight up fact that The Scottish Player has been more effective in his job this season than Neves has. Not sure Neves is the player you need, but VdB is 100% the type of player Wolves need.

Unread 16-03-2021, 09:41 PM
utd99

Quote:
Think Neves has been pretty gash this season to be honest, so maybe. Seems to be stat padding with dozens of 6 yard backwards passes per game rather than using his actual talent to pass it forward.

Straight up fact that The Scottish Player has been more effective in his job this season than Neves has. Not sure Neves is the player you need, but VdB is 100% the type of player Wolves need.
He might need a whole pre-season just to get out of sitting position.

Unread 16-03-2021, 10:16 PM
Ronny

Utd need someone who can find a red shirt 20 yrds upfield,

Neves strength as you say.

Would love to see him here...

Unread 16-03-2021, 10:21 PM
Vida_15

Goncalves isn't a winger so clearly not an alternative to Sancho...

he's more similar to Bruno than anyone else and i just don't see Ole playing two attacking midfielders at the same time especially against the top teams

if he can play on the wing that would be an added bonus in terms of adding depth to the rotation...

Unread 16-03-2021, 10:38 PM
DuanePipe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronny
Utd need someone who can find a red shirt 20 yrds upfield,

Neves strength as you say.

Would love to see him here...
Yeah, he could definitely do that. I know people bang on about his long shots, but his long range passing is by far his greatest talent.

In fairness to him, he'd probably look forward more if trying to find forwards like Rashford than Adama - the single fastest footballer on earth who is physically incapable of running in behind a defence.

Any way, he's not the droid you're looking for. Goncalves. He's the one. Kessie adds nothing that Utd don't already have.

Unread 17-03-2021, 07:32 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Yeah, he could definitely do that. I know people bang on about his long shots, but his long range passing is by far his greatest talent.

In fairness to him, he'd probably look forward more if trying to find forwards like Rashford than Adama - the single fastest footballer on earth who is physically incapable of running in behind a defence.

Any way, he's not the droid you're looking for. Goncalves. He's the one. Kessie adds nothing that Utd don't already have.

Unread 17-03-2021, 01:17 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWhiteParrot
You're right, let them share the ballon for next year.

Neither can pass a football.

A team who had Robson, Keane, Scholes ect should not be settling for average midfielders.

Yeah because that's how it works.

Unread 18-03-2021, 10:59 PM
20LEgend1999

Anonymous. Apart from kicking everyone.

Unread 18-03-2021, 11:01 PM
AK14

He played?

Unread 18-03-2021, 11:04 PM
vanpalm87

He was crap in midfield?

Sign him up!

Unread 18-03-2021, 11:15 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20LEgend1999
Anonymous. Apart from kicking everyone.
Though we could maybe do with being a bit less "nice" at times.

Unread 18-03-2021, 11:19 PM
Vida_15

tbf....Milan played a much more conservative tactical game pressing wise until they went down 1-0 but yes he wasn't running the show like in the first leg
Closed Thread