United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 10-03-2021, 03:16 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop
Absolutely. Tbph I don't even know what a director of football is, I think he identifies transfer targets. As for Fletchers role as technical director, nope, don't care and not a £#%&!ing clue do I have either. All I know about him is he randomly shits himself.

But I'm outraged anyway. Disgraceful appointments.
Basically Ed has hired people who he can actually divulge the player budget to.

They will sit down with Ole and tell him they've found A/B/C players from the Conference league, choose one, and no he can't have a new vending machine near the disabled toilets, etc.

Ed can now sleep at night, knowing he doesn't have to tell his employees tall stories about transfer war chests.

Unread 10-03-2021, 03:19 PM
silv

come on... you've got to be absolute nodding mugs to agree these are the best two people suited to this role in the world.

Its a tesco value appointment by a club that is searching in the bargain basement for its managers, coaches and soon to be players I imagine.

Unread 10-03-2021, 03:21 PM
programmes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv
come on... you've got to be absolute nodding mugs to agree these are the best two people suited to this role in the world.

Its a tesco value appointment by a club that is searching in the bargain basement for its managers, coaches and soon to be players I imagine.
What are the roles exactly (passive/aggressive tone intended)?

Unread 10-03-2021, 03:26 PM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by programmes?
What are the roles exactly (passive/aggressive tone intended)?
Football and Technical Directors

Unread 10-03-2021, 03:29 PM
AK14

Sounds good to me.

VDS to take over from Woody in the next 12 months and we’ll be on to a winner at board level.

Unread 10-03-2021, 03:29 PM
Cream

Quote:

Sadly, in the context of how the club is run, this is about as good as you could hope for.

As Utd99'ers says - it might keep Woodward out of the decision making process when it comes to players and the infrastructure surrounding them.

Unread 10-03-2021, 03:30 PM
tatty

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
https://twitter.com/utdreport/status...079733765?s=21

Sounds good to me.

VDS to take over from Woody in the next 12 months and we’ll be on to a winner at board level.

Aligning strategies?

Spending as little as possibe then.

Unread 10-03-2021, 03:34 PM
Neo

Thumbs down

Nothing will change until the owners are changed. All strategy comes from the top down, and their objective is to milk as much cash from the United golden goose as possible. Yank @#%&!s.

Support should be mobilised to get them out, and it really wouldn't be difficult to force a sale by boycott as the profits dry up and the brand gets tainted.

Never happening though. Football lost it's soul a long time ago. Just big business now.

Unread 10-03-2021, 03:35 PM
MUFC One Love

Quote:

What other clubs in England have wonderful directors of football?

Citys are the most known because they basically took Barca's lads and copied it.

The role of DoF isn't like signing a player. Our main issue has been Woodward involved in to much.

Unread 10-03-2021, 03:36 PM
programmes?

Quote:
Football and Technical Directors
They're titles.

Unread 10-03-2021, 03:39 PM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
What other clubs in England have wonderful directors of football?

Citys are the most known because they basically took Barca's lads and copied it.

The role of DoF isn't like signing a player. Our main issue has been Woodward involved in to much.
Indeed, and he is the one who has picked these appointments and is a Glazer stooge. All Im saying, and we all know it already, is that with the Glazers in charge ain't nothing gonna change.

Unread 10-03-2021, 03:41 PM
tatty

Our lack of direction makes a DoF appear to be a necessity.

SAF didn't have one and I don't recall it ever being mentioned.

And when we get a manager (Ole or someone else) who has the club playing consistent winning football then the subject will fade again.

We want one because we're a bit shit and we think it might be a fix...it won't be.

Unread 10-03-2021, 03:47 PM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatty
Our lack of direction makes a DoF appear to be a necessity.

SAF didn't have one and I don't recall it ever being mentioned.

And when we get a manager (Ole or someone else) who has the club playing consistent winning football then the subject will fade again.

We want one because we're a bit shit and we think it might be a fix...it won't be.
SAF was Palpatine - "I am the senate".

He didn't have owners to answer to away from the board. Plus he had David Gill completely on board with what he wanted and they wouldn't dick about trying to make it difficult for selling clubs.

We arguably want one (a DoF) because we've got Cheech and Chong looking after transfers at the moment.

Unread 10-03-2021, 03:55 PM
Vida_15

I like the move to have a DOF and Technical Director but i don't like that the DOF position has been done from within wihtout really vetting people from the outside. I think Fletcher going to TD is a good move.

However, we have to give some credit to Murtough as he's done a brilliant job these past few years identifying and rebuilding the academy program which we are starting to see that impact.

I think Fletcher will play a bit part in working with Ole to really identify targets and instead of going to Woodward, they'll be reporting to Murtough.

If it keeps Ed away from the football side of hte table then i'm all for this move. Let Ed do the business side where he is more comfortable and more knowledgeable.

Unread 10-03-2021, 04:28 PM
JamesPolk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
Van Der Sar was such an obvious and realistic choice.

Did he even get an interview?
Just like when he was player should have been brought in 1999.

Unread 10-03-2021, 04:51 PM
20LEgend1999

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92ToBury
We arguably want one (a DoF) because we've got Cheech and Chong looking after transfers at the moment.

Best men for the jobs IMO.

Unread 10-03-2021, 04:55 PM
tatty

Cheech has got the wackiest hairline.

Unread 10-03-2021, 05:11 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20LEgend1999

Best men for the jobs IMO.

Unread 10-03-2021, 05:21 PM
92ToBury

Quote: