United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive
Closed Thread

Unread 26-07-2009, 03:12 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
I do not buy into the thinking that Rooney will suddenly go to the next level because Ronaldo is gone. last year was the best season Rooney has had for Utd. the consistency of his performances and his technique was very impressive. Ronaldo worked very well with him, despite the oft spoken complaint that Rooney had to sacrifice himself for Ronaldo. Rooney will be marked even tighter this season.

If Berbatov and Rooney are to be a partnership then Rooney needs to play right up top. Berbatov is superior as the link striker IMO, fabulous close control. Rooney can play that role but I think he can be most effective pushed right up against the defence using his power and pace to unsettle them and create space.
i tend to agree in the main. Berbatov is the better player in the hole.

it makes me laugh when people reckon the formation is about to change and all that. in the main the same options we've had for the last few seasons are still all there, with the main difference being the addition of a true goal poacher. it's true that whilst Nani in particular, and possibly Valencia, will pop up through the centre often enough they are unlikely to be used from the start there in the way Ronaldo sometimes was, but if Owen is fit and scoring goals will Ferguson leave him out of the biggest games? at some point people need to recognise that the changeable role Rooney has in the team is the best way to get the best out of him for the benefit of the collective.

not sure Rooney will be used too often right up against the central defence. he is often too easily shackled there, with both his touch and temperament tested to breaking point. he needs to drift, and for me the best and most effective way to achieve this is from out to in if Berbatov is also in the starting line up. i expect Berbatov's performances to make him virtually undroppable this season coming. Rooney could be used as the battering ram to give Owen the half a yard he needs, of course.

Unread 26-07-2009, 03:17 PM
Gog Coch

Quote:
Originally Posted by CockOfTheNorth
Giggs gets his hat-trick
Welsh see indeed to goodness.

Unread 26-07-2009, 05:57 PM
Pop

Everything about that fifth goal was utterly sexually arousing. Far more so than even Yorke and Coal vs Barcelona in 99.

Apart from the opposition that is.

Unread 26-07-2009, 06:32 PM
TreeFiddy

They look like the worst team ever.

Unread 26-07-2009, 06:37 PM
£#%&! KFC

some great goals and nice to see Nani step up he needs to do more of that and needs a long run in the first team...for the first time and we'll see the best of him

the Berabtov haters seem to have gone very quiet

I was happy with his first season and anyone with half a brain can see he was born to play for United, he will be so important for us this year

still got Valencia to come and maybe another, happy days

Unread 26-07-2009, 06:38 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeFiddy
They look like the worst team ever.
would have probably beat Newcastle to be fair

Unread 26-07-2009, 06:40 PM
marlo

i see berbatov is trying to be zlatan now.

Unread 26-07-2009, 06:42 PM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by £#%&! KFC

the Berabtov haters seem to have gone very quiet
why?

Unread 26-07-2009, 06:46 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
what do you mean marlo?

Unread 26-07-2009, 08:10 PM
Sloane

just seen the highlights, against shit opposition but that doesnt take away from some of the skill shown, that second owen goal was quite something.

Unread 26-07-2009, 08:12 PM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
ffs

Unread 26-07-2009, 08:13 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
what do you mean marlo?
he's going to go missing in big games and miss loads of easy chances.

Unread 26-07-2009, 08:42 PM
Rhodzy

Unread 26-07-2009, 08:47 PM
Rossi the Red

Just watched the highlights of the Dimitar Berbatov Show.

Unread 26-07-2009, 08:48 PM
Mark Corrigan

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodzy
love it, what a fooking goal

Unread 26-07-2009, 09:25 PM
wiganste

I don't give a £#%&! what anyone says but I think our tours of Asia are excellent.

The teams we played are more of a test than some of the walking pace friendlies you see and today was an example where we were by far the better team, so we took the piss and played some breathtaking football.

Also, rightly or wrongly, our fans in the far east lap all of this up, meaning we'll generate even more fans/cash.

Michael Owen has surprised me. He's always £#%&!ing there when the ball is bouncing around the area and scoring 4 times will bode well for the new season. His confidence will be sky high, even though his goals mean £#%&! all.

Berbatov today was - absolutely unbelieavable to watch. Nani has looked good, Rooney has looked good, Macheda has scored a few - all these things add up to a team going in to the new season b#@&%! with confidence.

All in all, a very good tour imo. Next week in Munich will be a bigger test but I think we'll piss the games we're involved in.

Unread 26-07-2009, 09:30 PM
Sloane

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
I don't give a £#%&! what anyone says but I think our tours of Asia are excellent.

The teams we played are more of a test than some of the walking pace friendlies you see and today was an example where we were by far the better team, so we took the piss and played some breathtaking football.

Also, rightly or wrongly, our fans in the far east lap all of this up, meaning we'll generate even more fans/cash.

Michael Owen has surprised me. He's always £#%&!ing there when the ball is bouncing around the area and scoring 4 times will bode well for the new season. His confidence will be sky high, even though his goals mean £#%&! all.

Berbatov today was - absolutely unbelieavable to watch. Nani has looked good, Rooney has looked good, Macheda has scored a few - all these things add up to a team going in to the new season b#@&%! with confidence.

All in all, a very good tour imo. Next week in Munich will be a bigger test but I think we'll piss the games we're involved in.
i think we should be going asia every year, the usa market is hardly worth anything and no team or players are going to really crack that with their established sports. and south africa is a small audience also which will give us little gain. so asia and the odd one off game in india could be the way forward

Unread 26-07-2009, 09:32 PM
Ben

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloane
i think we should be going asia every year, the usa market is hardly worth anything and no team or players are going to really crack that with their established sports. and south africa is a small audience also which will give us little gain. so asia and the odd one off game in india could be the way forward
its worth going over there just to hear the supporters singing glory glory man united

Unread 26-07-2009, 09:34 PM
wiganste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben
its worth going over there just to hear the supporters singing glory glory man united
Agree (even if you are taking the piss)

It means so much to those people to see United. I think the United players love playing over there.

Unread 26-07-2009, 10:03 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Jay
Great goal by Tosic, I just think he needs games and a little confidence, could be very good for us this season.
and it's only a matter of time before ando gets a hattrick.

toxic is the new greening.
Closed Thread