Closed Thread

Unread 19-07-2014, 06:54 PM
red @rmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...g-complex.html

They cant sign players very quickly but they can get the workmen in sharpish

@#%&!s
Didn't think Patrick was coming as number 2.

Unread 19-07-2014, 06:56 PM
Jez Quigley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Bigbollox
You sure about the champions league pol?

Shows how remarkable it is Moyes took us completely out of Europe.

Unread 19-07-2014, 07:03 PM
MagnificentSeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Bigb*****
You sure about the champions league pol?
oh for £#%&!'s sake, caust on my part:shakehead:

that's a testament to the usual expectation of this club, that i automatically think we're in the champions league before realising that, yes, david £#%&!ing moyes really was our manager last season

in any case, we should comfortably be top four next season, and maybe even win some silverware

Unread 19-07-2014, 07:22 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnificentSeven
this. whilst we'll be a lot better next season (hard not to be when our manager isn't david moyes) i don't think we'll walk the league like some are predicting us to. bearing in mind chelsea and arsenal have strengthened and city will be up there as always. i'm just going to predict a top 2/3 finish, at least the quarters of the champions league and hopefully one of the domestic cups. would definitely take that after last season, and then we can build from there and become number 1 in england once more.

but if we do end up winning it (big huge massive 'if') then it could go down as one of the best title wins either. even better than 2013 when we handed out a few slaps in retaliation for the previous season

and yes, i'm saying this because "lower your expectations to avoid disappointment" and all that #accidentalmoyes
Champions League....

Unread 19-07-2014, 07:32 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by £#%&! KFC
years.......he was here for eight £#%&!ing months
Just seemed more like eight years

Unread 19-07-2014, 08:49 PM
DakotaFredsBigShoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by £#%&! KFC
years.......he was here for eight £#%&!ing months

Well he had a six year contract when I first said it tbf.

Unread 19-07-2014, 08:51 PM
armchair

How did moyes get a 6 year contract and lvg gets 2? To put my conspiracy theory hat on moyes took the fall and knew he was taking the fall.

Unread 19-07-2014, 09:13 PM
gbmufc

Van Gaal`s on a 3 year contract

Unread 19-07-2014, 09:37 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsst
Swagger on Will Keane how £#%&!ing smug does he look - and so he should, he's on tour with Manchester United.

Unread 19-07-2014, 09:38 PM
wonky no

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
How did moyes get a 6 year contract and lvg gets 2? To put my conspiracy theory hat on moyes took the fall and knew he was taking the fall.
yup.

you can see the ideology in every forumistas musings. we can now find an excuse for the new gaffer. although we're cautious we're looking forward to the norm and winning ways……we can afford to think we'll never fall as far as we did under moyes. from fergies perspective he can still hold his head up and claim he left a title winning squad in less talented hands and the reasons for player sales and buys are purely age related and the poor form of last season.

the club, although having to take a few blows to the face for appointing the wrong man, had little to lose. the timing of moyes' appointment and the subsequent little time he spent in the transfer windows was just about tolerable (no-one knew that fellani would collapse so spectacularly). give moyes a season, if he succeeds fine, if he fails he bridges the gap between the great manager and the 3rd coming.

Unread 19-07-2014, 09:43 PM
Crumps

Quote:
Moyes was the shittest possible manager they could get away with appointing. Knew there would be plenty of top class managers available post World Cup. Expectations lowered. Only way is up.

Unread 19-07-2014, 10:02 PM
RedMenace

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
Swagger on Will Keane how £#%&!ing smug does he look - and so he should, he's on tour with Manchester United.
He almost left this summer apparently. He was out of contract. If he can get back to the level he was at pre injury he may have a shot at making it but I think he'll end up a decent player at a lower level.

Unread 19-07-2014, 11:52 PM
taff

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsst
like how they've been sent out for strutting practice in a £#%&!ing car park

anyway, compare and contrast with last season:

Unread 20-07-2014, 12:04 AM
barrington avenue

Quote:
he was a patsy but far too weird to know it....

it was genius really

Unread 20-07-2014, 12:17 AM
dunk

Quote:
LvG is 62/63 and tends to leave clubs after 2/3 years?

Unread 20-07-2014, 04:48 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by taff

Most players looking smart in their tracksuits, Rooney looks like he's sporting something from JD Sports.

Unread 20-07-2014, 05:19 AM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Most players looking smart in their tracksuits, Rooney looks like he's sporting something from JD Sports.
Very good.

That is dreadful stuff tho, as I said at the time - mismatched trainers, some in hoodies, some not. I understand it's more comfortable than a suit, but what is a club suit for if not for travel? Can't go around looking like common pygmies.

Unread 20-07-2014, 05:23 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
Very good.

That is dreadful stuff tho, as I said at the time - mismatched trainers, some in hoodies, some not. I understand it's more comfortable than a suit, but what is a club suit for if not for travel? Can't go around looking like common pygmies.
wasn't they getting the train in to London that day? It was probably so they could run faster if the police started shooting at them.

Unread 20-07-2014, 07:41 AM
Part 36 Offer

Silly me for getting excited about LVG's appointment hey? Clearly not had a massive affect so far without a ball having been kicked

Unread 20-07-2014, 08:34 AM
The Stella Fella

Quote:
Originally Posted by red @rmy
Didn't think Patrick was coming as number 2.
Closed Thread