United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Hall of Fame

Unread 08-09-2013, 01:08 PM
ZiggyStardust

Default Rarely Seen Utd Matches (ITN Source)

ITN Source is a great site to find footage of rarely seen Utd matches down through the decades

Manchester Derby at OT in 1929
Great footage of a packed old Old Trafford even though we lost the match

The Busby Babes lifting the League Title 1956
Busby Babes getting the league title trophy in the last match of the season at OT against Portsmouth

Dortmund v Man Utd 1956
Rarely seen footage of the Busby Babes 2nd leg match in Dortmund in 1956
Utd fans with a "Busby Babes" banner that has a baby with a diaper on

League Title Winning Match Away at West Ham in 1967
This is really great footage of Utd winning the title at Upton Park in 1967.
The celebrations with the fans on the pitch at the end of the match are brilliant

West Ham away again at the start of the 1967-68
Utd win again at Upton Park early on in the 1967-68 season. Utd fans causing bother again

4-1 win over Sunderland at OT in 1969
Law getting a hat-trick in a 4-1 win over Sunderland n 1969

Man Utd v Leicester 1969
Great goal by Best in the last home game of the 1968-69

Footage of home match agains Sheffield Wednesday in 1975
Brief footage of a blatant handball denying Utd a brilliant overhead kick goal

Man Utd v Derby 1976

Footage of the 1-1 draw against league champions Derby in 1976 in front of 60 thousand at OT

Man Utd v Stoke 1976
Footage of a 1-0 defeat at OT against Stoke that cost us a chance at the title in 1976

Man Utd v Southampton 1977 FA Cup Replay 1st Half
Man Utd v Southampton 1977 FA Cup Replay 2nd Half
Footage of both halves of our FA Cup 5th round replay with Southampton in 1977. Revenge for the final defeat the previous season

Man Utd v Stoke 1977
Revenge for our defeat at OT the previous season

1983 FA Cup Homecoming Parade

1985 FA Cup Homecoming Parade

Unread 08-09-2013, 06:12 PM
£#%&! KFC

Thumbs up

great find

how many Reds were there at Upton park in 67...£#%&!ing fatntastic seeing that, probably one of the reasons why those useless East London/Essex @#%&!s hate us so much

wonder what would have happened if we'd won it there in 95

Unread 09-09-2013, 08:41 AM
barca99

Quote:
Originally Posted by £#%&! KFC
great find

how many Reds were there at Upton park in 67...£#%&!ing fatntastic seeing that, probably one of the reasons why those useless East London/Essex @#%&!s hate us so much

wonder what would have happened if we'd won it there in 95
We may never have won the treble

Unread 09-09-2013, 09:11 AM
forzagarza

Well they're not going to rarely seen if you suggest people watch them

Unread 09-09-2013, 05:40 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by barca99
We may never have won the treble

Unread 29-12-2013, 01:54 PM
puressence

Can anyone get a link to utd v stockport 1978 won 3 2. My first ever game

Unread 29-12-2013, 03:12 PM
HarkNowHear

great stuff

Unread 30-12-2013, 06:14 PM
JW

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
Can anyone get a link to utd v stockport 1978 won 3 2. My first ever game
Remember the game well,Utd were S***te that night!and if I remember rightly Mc Queen in particular did something stupid? When Utd were 2-1 down. Typical Utd comeback though,I think Summerbee may have been playing for County ?
Was at the other games from the 68 West Ham game,me and my mate were at Maine Rd the day Utd battered West Ham 6-1 and the main stand at Maine Rd applauded the Utd score when it came through!!

How times have changed.

Great footage.

Unread 30-12-2013, 07:53 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garcia
Was at the other games from the 68 West Ham game,me and my mate were at Maine Rd the day Utd battered West Ham 6-1 and the main stand at Maine Rd applauded the Utd score when it came through!!

How times have changed.

Great footage.
Some people used to genuinely support both teams back then, I'm told - hard to even imagine these days

When did the rivalry *really* start? The circumstances of relegation in 1974 and all that??

Unread 30-12-2013, 08:05 PM
JW

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Some people used to genuinely support both teams back then, I'm told - hard to even imagine these days

When did the rivalry *really* start? The circumstances of relegation in 1974 and all that??
Tbf the rivalry was on in those a days ,there was always scrapping in the Kippax even in the 60's
We used to go to Maine Rd if there was a game on midweek ,but always wanting them to lose!!
The older guys had a bit more respect.
Utd fans weren't called Rags ......... Don't know where that came from ,even if the balloons say otherwise ...... Same a a bitters really ,that sought of came in the 90,s when they got relegated several times .
Some great footage though .

Unread 30-12-2013, 08:09 PM
Wez

Quote:
Tbf the rivalry was on in those a days ,there was always scrapping in the Kippax even in the 60's
We used to go to Maine Rd if there was a game on midweek ,but always wanting them to lose!!
The older guys had a bit more respect.
Utd fans weren't called Rags ......... Don't know where that came from ,even if the balloons say otherwise ...... Same a a bitters really ,that sought of came in the 90,s when they got relegated several times .
Some great footage though .
WWII when the Germans bombed Old Trafford, common knowledge that. Seeing as you've forgotten most than the rest of us on here that must have slipped your mind as well

Unread 30-12-2013, 08:13 PM
red in cumbria

Thought it was actually from them lending us some of their kit from that time, or something? Allegedly.

Unread 30-12-2013, 08:14 PM
JW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wez
WWII when the Germans bombed Old Trafford, common knowledge that. Seeing as you've forgotten most than the rest of us on here that must have slipped your mind as well
Weren't born then mate ,so didn't experience it.Have read about it though.
Hope you enjoyed the games you missed .

Unread 30-12-2013, 08:17 PM
Wez

Thumbs up

Quote:
Thought it was actually from them lending us some of their kit from that time, or something? Allegedly.
A derogatory term for fans of the Manchester United Football Club used only by fans of Manchester City. The term originated in WWII, when Old Trafford suffered damage as a result of German bombing, and United were temporarily forced to play at Manchester City's grounds, which had suffered no damage on account of being such a shambles that German bomber pilots assumed that they'd already gotten it, and refers to homeless people, as in "homeless rags".

http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...&defid=5729072

Unread 30-12-2013, 08:19 PM
JW

Quote:
I really honestly don't know ,as far as I am concerned its a load of Bollo,like most of the stuff they claim ,it was never uttered in the 60/70 or 80s trust me.
Sorry just seen your Urban dictionary ref..........a load of bolloc**s for me.

Daft as it sounds the atmosphere at Maine Rd especially when it held 60 odd thousand and V Utd was electric ,not forgetting the semis V Liverpool they were fantastic.

I remember bricking it that first visit to West Ham,nice to see the game ,can't remember it.

Unread 30-12-2013, 10:39 PM
HolyMackrelDoodleBonkon

I always thought it was to do with the bombing/Us using Maine Road. A blue who I know insists it stands for red arrogant gets/gits.
Either way sad as £#%&!.

Unread 30-12-2013, 10:51 PM
Gruber

Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyMackrelDoodleBonkon
I always thought it was to do with the bombing/Us using Maine Road. A blue who I know insists it stands for red arrogant gets/gits.
Either way sad as £#%&!.
Likewise.

I'm sure there was a story posted on here a while back about our 68 European Cup Final shirts being made by a City fan and him using the cheapest shittiest material.

£#%&! knows, but it's pure cringe as is most things they come up with CTID and don't get me started on the @#%&!s that use UTID

Unread 31-12-2013, 04:06 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Remember the game well,Utd were S***te that night!and if I remember rightly Mc Queen in particular did something stupid? When Utd were 2-1 down. Typical Utd comeback though,I think Summerbee may have been playing for County ?

How times have changed.

Great footage.
yep - Summerbee was player manager, I think. They went 0-1 up and Summerbee started getting #@&%!y and the ball came to him in space, out on the wing. So the @#%&! thought he'd take the piss and sat on the ball with his arms folded. He sure got a crowd reaction. Don't know if this was the catalyst but we seemed to get our shit together shortly after and won 2-1.

Quote:

I used to go and watch em with blue mates when I was at school and couldn't afford aways until they started winning the odd trophy and getting mouthy (chiefly Malcolm Allison and Doyle). Their rise to prominence coincided with our demise and didn't the @#%&!s love it. We copped a few thrashings too. This was before the final agony of the writing on the wall that arrived with relegation. The turning point for me was when they beat us 1-3 at OT which really put them in the driving seat for the title in 68. Pretty well unexpected and the lukewarm support that was always evident suddenly turned into every @#%&! who wasn't a United fan suddenly becoming a bert.

I might add, I even went with blue mates to watch them vs Liverpool who were winning everything in sight late 70s 80s, in the hope that somebody would beat the £#%&!ers. Hated Liverpool more then than now - just wanted somebody to burst their bubble. They rarely did.

Unread 31-12-2013, 04:47 PM
JW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Irwell
yep - Summerbee was player manager, I think. They went 0-1 up and Summerbee started getting c***y and the ball came to him in space, out on the wing. So the @#%&! thought he'd take the piss and sat on the ball with his arms folded. He sure got a crowd reaction. Don't know if this was the catalyst but we seemed to get our crap together shortly after and won 2-1.

I used to go and watch em with blue mates when I was at school and couldn't afford aways until they started winning the odd trophy and getting mouthy (chiefly Malcolm Allison and Doyle). Their rise to prominence coincided with our demise and didn't the @#%&!s love it. We copped a few thrashings too. This was before the final agony of the writing on the wall that arrived with relegation. The turning point for me was when they beat us 1-3 at OT which really put them in the driving seat for the title in 68. Pretty well unexpected and the lukewarm support that was always evident suddenly turned into every @#%&! who wasn't a United fan suddenly becoming a bert.

I might add, I even went with blue mates to watch them vs Liverpool who were winning everything in sight late 70s 80s, in the hope that somebody would beat the £#%&!ers. Hated Liverpool more then than now - just wanted somebody to burst their bubble. They rarely did.
Remember that derby well ,Best scored after a couple of minutes ,but then they thrashed Utd and I agree that was the turning point,tbf I think it was when Chelsea leathered Utd 4-1 at Old Trafford ,I thought the writing was on the wall.Utd still had the much bigger attendances,and City provided us with some great laughs ,Fernabache for starters.

Funny I loved it when Liverpool regularly battered City ,and didn't become a true Scouse hater until the 80' s.Still. I prefer Liverpool to beat City ,I can't stand them both ,but the latter .......!

Unread 31-12-2013, 04:56 PM
Pete's Shoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
ITN Source is a great site to find footage of rarely seen Utd matches down through the decades

Manchester Derby at OT in 1929
Great footage of a packed old Old Trafford even though we lost the match

The Busby Babes lifting the League Title 1956
Busby Babes getting the league title trophy in the last match of the season at OT against Portsmouth

Dortmund v Man Utd 1956
Rarely seen footage of the Busby Babes 2nd leg match in Dortmund in 1956
Utd fans with a "Busby Babes" banner that has a baby with a diaper on

League Title Winning Match Away at West Ham in 1967
This is really great footage of Utd winning the title at Upton Park in 1967.
The celebrations with the fans on the pitch at the end of the match are brilliant

West Ham away again at the start of the 1967-68
Utd win again at Upton Park early on in the 1967-68 season. Utd fans causing bother again

4-1 win over Sunderland at OT in 1969
Law getting a hat-trick in a 4-1 win over Sunderland n 1969

Man Utd v Leicester 1969
Great goal by Best in the last home game of the 1968-69

Footage of home match agains Sheffield Wednesday in 1975
Brief footage of a blatant handball denying Utd a brilliant overhead kick goal

Man Utd v Derby 1976

Footage of the 1-1 draw against league champions Derby in 1976 in front of 60 thousand at OT

Man Utd v Stoke 1976
Footage of a 1-0 defeat at OT against Stoke that cost us a chance at the title in 1976

Man Utd v Southampton 1977 FA Cup Replay 1st Half
Man Utd v Southampton 1977 FA Cup Replay 2nd Half
Footage of both halves of our FA Cup 5th round replay with Southampton in 1977. Revenge for the final defeat the previous season

Man Utd v Stoke 1977
Revenge for our defeat at OT the previous season

1983 FA Cup Homecoming Parade

1985 FA Cup Homecoming Parade
Cheers for these brilliant