United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 31-07-2007, 01:39 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24hr Leavesey
I'm pretty sure you didn't mean to be funny there but, all the same.
My tongue was firmly in my cheek.

Unread 31-07-2007, 02:01 PM
legendary saf

Fergie 'frustrated' by Tevez saga

Sir Alex Ferguson has admitted his protracted pursuit of Carlos Tevez is proving "slightly frustrating".

Manchester United have agreed a deal to sign the Argentina striker but their efforts to conclude the transfer are being thwarted by the legal wrangle over who owns Tevez's registration.

The 23-year-old's advisor Kia Joorabchian has issued High Court proceedings against West Ham, who maintain Tevez is their player.

As it presently stands, three days have been set aside for the hearing, which is due to start on August 22.

The dates mean the matter could be resolved before the August 31 transfer deadline, although there has been speculation that a private settlement may be reached before then which would see Joorabchian pay West Ham a set fee in order to release Tevez from his contract.

Ferguson remains calm about the prospect of Tevez eventually arriving at Old Trafford. But the United boss accepts the current impasse suits no-one.

"I am not worried because I am confident the player will eventually arrive," he said.

"But it has been dragging on and it has become a bit frustrating.

"At the moment it is going to the High Court. I am sure we will get a final decision on the matter there.

"But if something happens before that, it is something we would welcome."

During United's recent Far East tour, Ferguson did claim there was no 'Plan B' should the Tevez deal fail to materialise as United anticipate.

However, on the eve of the Red Devils' high-profile friendly with Inter Milan, Ferguson did admit he would have to consider an alternative strategy should Tevez not sign, especially as Alan Smith looks certain to depart before the end of next month.

"The deadline is coming up at the end of August, so we do have to think about alternative plans that way," he said.

"I just want the matter settled, the sooner the better as far as everyone is concerned.

"I am sure even West Ham think that way. They have their own plans and they have done a lot of buying and selling, so they will want some kind of conclusion in terms of how their team is shaping up."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/liv...id=1779 &ct=5

Unread 31-07-2007, 02:10 PM
toseeunited

Exclamation West Ham Official Statement Just Released 31/07/2007 13:54

31/07/2007 13:54
Official Club Statement

West Ham United will continue to work on achieving an out-of-court settlement on the issues relating to Carlos Tevez.

However, if a settlement, to be agreed by all parties, is not possible then the Club will present a very robust legal case to the High Court if the matter comes before the court on August 22nd.

Unread 31-07-2007, 02:13 PM
captain scarlet

Could Anelka still get a phone-call if this process shows no reasonable end in sight?
Closed Thread