United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 14-05-2019, 06:16 PM
naes_sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by red red robbo
No.

I Arsenal win the Europa league then I believe Spurs lose out on their place, unless they beat the scouse @#%&!s because then we get five teams. A country only gets five teams if one of them has one the CL and not qualified via their league place (which Spurs won't if Arsenal take the fourth CL spot by winning the EC).

It's perfectly clear.

EDIT: Seems I may have been misled, it looks like the winner of the EC could get an "extra" CL place on top of the four league spots.

https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/soc...ague-1.3886788

EDIT2: This is much more comprehensive, and subsequently more confusing.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47806720

Unread 14-05-2019, 07:12 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
Yup. Gives it more authenticity.
Erm, if you say so.

Unread 14-05-2019, 07:34 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
is this the same story linked on the city thread yesterday, only this time is got Sky Sports News all over it?

£#%&!ing £#%&!er

Unread 14-05-2019, 07:58 PM
sa7

How many times each year does this story crop up?

UEFA don’t like upsetting the rich. Will never happen.

Unread 14-05-2019, 08:03 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
We don't deserve to be in the champions League.

Whatever the £#%&! happens.
yes, but if we have cl to offer, we can sell £#%&!ing everyone and buy a new squad.

Unread 14-05-2019, 08:12 PM
S/Side.Red

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by naes_sean
so if they get banned (hahaha, I know) and Arsenal win the Europa league, does that mean we'll get in the Champions League for finishing 6th?
Oh yes!

Unread 14-05-2019, 08:23 PM
Fat Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
yes, but if we have cl to offer, we can sell £#%&!ing everyone and buy a new squad.
:goodfellaslaughinglike£#%&!ingloonsgif:

Unread 15-05-2019, 03:03 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Oh yes!

Unread 15-05-2019, 11:30 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Oh yes!

Unread 15-05-2019, 11:43 AM
Albert Tatlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by red red robbo
No.

I Arsenal win the Europa league then I believe Spurs lose out on their place, unless they beat the scouse @#%&!s because then we get five teams. A country only gets five teams if one of them has one the CL and not qualified via their league place (which Spurs won't if Arsenal take the fourth CL spot by winning the EC).

It's perfectly clear.

EDIT: Seems I may have been misled, it looks like the winner of the EC could get an "extra" CL place on top of the four league spots.

https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/soc...ague-1.3886788

EDIT2: This is much more comprehensive, and subsequently more confusing.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47806720
It's all done on European rankings. Spain, Germany, England and Italy all have four places as they are ranked the top four leagues. England only gets another CL place if Arsenal win the waffer. If Chelsea win it, then a CL place goes to the 3rd placed club in the 5th ranked league... France.

Unread 15-05-2019, 01:14 PM
Sparky***

Just read a headline that says City think United and UEFA "bigwigs" are out to get them.

The £#%&! has any of it got to do with us?

Unread 15-05-2019, 01:16 PM
doudou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Just read a headline that says City think United and UEFA "bigwigs" are out to get them.

Their irrational paranoia about United is still holding them back as a club. Let's hope they never get over it.

Unread 15-05-2019, 01:17 PM
Baron

Quote:

The UEFA Executive Comitee

Unread 15-05-2019, 01:18 PM
Sparky***

love big gillers tbf

Unread 15-05-2019, 01:19 PM
Baron

Quote:

love big gillers tbf
Treasurer & VP there... the big man will be all over this shit, NQAT
Closed Thread