Closed Thread

Unread 08-05-2019, 10:55 AM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
tennis balls is one "suggestion"

@#%&!s
Should be hand grenades.

Think we should do what Sporting Lisbon fans did.

Unread 08-05-2019, 10:57 AM
Lok

The problem with these things is that a load of 'look at me' @#%&!s try and devise some sort of scheme not to show dissent but to further their top red status.

As there's so many @#%&!s doing it, there ends up being about 10 different ideas that end up with minimal support.

Needs a leader to evaluate ideas, choose one and then drive it to completion. I nominate Tufty "the voice of the fans".

Unread 08-05-2019, 11:14 AM
dunk

My boycott has begun, I will not be watching.

£#%&! them.

Unread 08-05-2019, 11:27 AM
ryanMUFC

Probably sack it off.

Unread 08-05-2019, 11:40 AM
TheFatGoth

Unread 08-05-2019, 11:43 AM
AK14

I think the Glazers will sell up with in the next 5 years tbh.

With Liverpool and City doing so well and social media being so much bigger these days I think a lot of the overseas fans and fairwhether supporters will get drawn to them which will impact the clubs bottom line. We'll still be making money obviously, but there will be a drop off.

Then you have a generation of kids that weren’t about for us under Fergie, they’ll want to watch and support successful attacking football with the best players so they won’t be supporting us which again will have an impact.

As sickening as it is at the moment it could be what starts the club ridding itself of those leaches? A scenario of all of the top six bar us in next seasons champions league won’t appease our sponsors and will no doubt piss Woodward off. If we see more of the same over the next few years then that will hit the bottom line too.

I might be trying to find any grain of hope in what’s been an utter £#%&!ing shambles for a while, I don’t know?

Unread 08-05-2019, 11:48 AM
Jethro

Seriously, why are you laughing? As I said previously at least someone is trying something. The club are all about this shit so why not?

Got any ideas?

Unread 08-05-2019, 12:03 PM
Buck

Unread 08-05-2019, 12:12 PM
jem

the ship has not sailed. it's never too late.

to target woodward seems to be aiming low, though.

as does walking out for 7 minutes.

exactly the same tactics could be used as could have been used in 2005, sponsors included.

Unread 08-05-2019, 12:21 PM
dunk

There's nobody out there that can buy us that has any need or desire to imo.

The Glazers needed a business like United to prop them up as their other ventures failed.

We'd be a vanity purchase for anyone who'd be interested, and I can't imagine anyone will be.

Unread 08-05-2019, 12:52 PM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
Seriously, why are you laughing? As I said previously at least someone is trying something. The club are all about this shit so why not?

Got any ideas?
Don’t go. Pretty empty gesture but better than leaving with seven minutes to go. Or if the number seven is so symbolic, leave after seven minutes. Not like anyone would be missing very much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck

Was waiting for someone to post that

Unread 08-05-2019, 12:54 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck

Unread 08-05-2019, 12:57 PM
Neo

Thumbs down

Protesting at the game after you’ve renewed your season ticket.

Elite levels of £#%&!wittery.

The only way things will change is if the Glazer bottom line is drastically hit, and that won’t happen when shirts, season tickets and MUTV subscriptions are selling out faster than ever before.

Like every club in the Premier League, we’ve got no effective fan culture to drive change, as the domestic game has been gradually, and intentionally, completely sanitised to the point where it’s now a consumer product, and supporters have absolutely no say in the direction their clubs go in. They are simply customers, but customers who are unable to stop themselves from paying for a product they don’t want.

“Fergie’s right,
Our fans are shite”.

Unread 08-05-2019, 12:59 PM
believe

No point every one arguing, absolutely nothing will happen

Unread 08-05-2019, 01:00 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
Don’t go. Pretty empty gesture but better than leaving with seven minutes to go. Or if the number seven is so symbolic, leave after seven minutes. Not like anyone would be missing very much.
The club would probably spin it as last game of the season, people not wanting to go because there’s was nothing to play for and against a relegated side.

If it was the opening game of next season then not turning up at all would have an impact. I think leaving early during the game would have a ‘bigger’ impact for this particular game.

Obviously as you say,leaving after 7 minutes would be the thing to do.

Unread 08-05-2019, 01:05 PM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
Protesting at the game after you’ve renewed your season ticket.

Elite levels of £#%&!wittery.

The only way things will change is if the Glazer bottom line is drastically hit, and that won’t happen when shirts, season tickets and MUTV subscriptions are selling out faster than ever before.

Like every club in the Premier League, we’ve got no effective fan culture to drive change, as the domestic game has been gradually, and intentionally, completely sanitised to the point where it’s now a consumer product, and supporters have absolutely no say in the direction their clubs go in. They are simply customers, but customers who are unable to keep paying for a product they don’t want.

“Fergie’s right,
Our fans are shite”.
If fans start boycotting games or start creating a toxic atmosphere is the ground against the board and owners then it will have an effect because it will create really bad PR for the club and will effect their potential commercial revenue as companies don't want to be associated with toxic brands

The idea fans can do nothing but sit there and take it is absurd

The fact is we are as a fan base the complete opposite of our name
What's happened to our support is probably even worse than what's happened on the football side of things

Unread 08-05-2019, 01:32 PM
Hands of Scone

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
No point every one arguing, absolutely nothing will happen
The fans have absolutely no say whatsoever and even if they did most of those inside old trafford don’t really give a £#%&!. The most militant toppest reds abandoned the club at the drop of a hat to pursue a self-aggrandising non-league football utopia. How is anyone going to convince day trippers to boycott?

Unread 08-05-2019, 01:34 PM
Neo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
If fans start boycotting games or start creating a toxic atmosphere is the ground against the board and owners then it will have an effect because it will create really bad PR for the club and will effect their potential commercial revenue as companies don't want to be associated with toxic brands

What's happened to our support is probably even worse than what's happened on the football side of things
When is the last time you went to Old Trafford regularly? Even in the last 10 years things have totally changed. For every vocal dissenter, you’ll get 100 happy-clapping day trippers that couldn’t give a £#%&!.

Boycotts won’t work, as the vast, vast, vast majority just want to pay their money, sit down and watch the game, without any distractions. They are placid customers.

Unread 08-05-2019, 01:34 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust

This.

Unread 08-05-2019, 02:50 PM
TripDownMiseryLane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands of Scone
The fans have absolutely no say whatsoever and even if they did most of those inside old trafford don’t really give a £#%&!. The most militant toppest reds abandoned the club at the drop of a hat to pursue a self-aggrandising non-league football utopia. How is anyone going to convince day trippers to boycott?
About right, although I might disagree at the 'drop of a hat' bit. We don't have a fan base anymore in the way the proper clubs do, we're a shower that the glazers stole a march on and this is where we end up.
Closed Thread