Originally Posted by MartialLaw
We should be getting the best young talent no more Sanchez shite

Wan bissaka
De ligt
Sancho
Ndombele

Thats the dream 4 signing imo..
Would deffo take that, nqat.

Whatever they do, they need to be more aggressive in the market, get out get deals done, move players on with more pace and less dithering.

Unread 07-03-2019, 01:10 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
I'd try and get one of each anyway; Valencia is going, Young isn't very good, Rojo is toss etc. Get Mendy from Lyon and Wan-Bissaka, full backs sorted for ages. Young to cover injuries, suspensions, nothing games or just not play, I'm fine with any of those.

Ain’t going to happen though tbf.

Realistically we’re signing 3-4 players and will spend between 100-150m?

Unread 07-03-2019, 01:30 PM
Arnold Muhren

De Ligt
Neves
Sancho

And plenty on the way out too.

Unread 07-03-2019, 01:32 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14

Ain’t going to happen though tbf.

Realistically we’re signing 3-4 players and will spend between 100-150m?
I think we've seen with Monaco, Ajax and Dortmund to name but 3 that you don't have to spend huge amounts, you just need to be smart. Here's hoping we get much, much smarter

Unread 07-03-2019, 01:36 PM
ryanMUFC

Milk
Bread
Toilet roll

Unread 07-03-2019, 01:38 PM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by suedeshoes
Wan Bissaka
Brooks/Neves
Maguire
jesus christ ...no wonder you wear biege and holiday in switzerland

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanMUFC
Milk
Bread
Toilet roll
come on oldham give us a goal

Unread 07-03-2019, 01:42 PM
Baron

Quote:
I think we've seen with Monaco, Ajax and Dortmund to name but 3 that you don't have to spend huge amounts, you just need to be smart. Here's hoping we get much, much smarter
Different level, different expectation etc. Those are the perfect places for a player to take a step up & then find their way to a United when they are ready. It's very hard to develop at a United or a Barca etc these days. All too often they are expected to be ready immediately. Look at the shit Rashford has had to put up with even on here.

Should be buying players the way Barca have done the De Jong deal, snapped up & left to gain those extra 6 months at his club. The Scousers sort of did it right with Keita (although he appears to still need a while to settle in) when they bought him a year in advance.

Either way, the age & talent should be the most important thing, not the name & brand

Unread 07-03-2019, 01:59 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron
Different level, different expectation etc. Those are the perfect places for a player to take a step up & then find their way to a United when they are ready. It's very hard to develop at a United or a Barca etc these days. All too often they are expected to be ready immediately. Look at the shit Rashford has had to put up with even on here.

Should be buying players the way Barca have done the De Jong deal, snapped up & left to gain those extra 6 months at his club. The Scousers sort of did it right with Keita (although he appears to still need a while to settle in) when they bought him a year in advance.

Either way, the age & talent should be the most important thing, not the name & brand
Exactly. Tbh, I'd rather we bought players and allowed them to grow into it as the have at the clubs mentioned, even if it means the success is more cyclical and you have to have patience with the newer players.

Unread 07-03-2019, 02:07 PM
AK14

Quote:
Well yeah, but the players you quoted in one window would cost a shed load.

De Ligt alone would be around 80-100m surely?

Unread 07-03-2019, 02:08 PM
Big Norm

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick
How old are you Norm?!
I'm 49. My Da is 70.

Da's mate owns a villa in Spain next to Parish and they got friendly in the local tapas a couple of years back.

He sponsors a couple of local Belfast boxers who've been on Frampton's undercards.

Then he got him ringside tickets for a few Frampton fights and in return he's been at Palace in the Directors box a few times.

Came back from the most recent game against us and told my Da Parish says it's nailed on he's coming to us.

Unread 07-03-2019, 02:18 PM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Norm
I'm 49. My Da is 70.

Da's mate owns a villa in Spain next to Parish and they got friendly in the local tapas a couple of years back.

He sponsors a couple of local Belfast boxers who've been on Frampton's undercards.

Then he got him ringside tickets for a few Frampton fights and in return he's been at Palace in the Directors box a few times.

Came back from the most recent game against us and told my Da Parish says it's nailed on he's coming to us.
Promising. He looks a quality player & only 21 so good competition with Dalot (who can also play LB & in midfield).

Unread 07-03-2019, 02:20 PM
jaffo

Quote:
Originally Posted by suedeshoes
Wan Bissaka
Brooks/Neves
Maguire
Are they Oi Polloi's new suppliers?

Unread 07-03-2019, 02:23 PM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaffo
Are they Oi Polloi's new suppliers?

Unread 07-03-2019, 02:23 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Well yeah, but the players you quoted in one window would cost a shed load.

De Ligt alone would be around 80-100m surely?
I know. That's why I mentioned Tah and one or 2 others that would potentially be cheaper.

I'd be equally happy if they pulled a Dalot or 2 from nowhere tbh.

Unread 07-03-2019, 02:34 PM
atticusgrinch

Skriniar;
Neves;
Sancho.

Unread 07-03-2019, 02:42 PM
AK14

Quote:
I know. That's why I mentioned Tah and one or 2 others that would potentially be cheaper.

I'd be equally happy if they pulled a Dalot or 2 from nowhere tbh.
Same

It’s the way we should be going nqat

Just hope we don’t chase Bale all summer...

Unread 07-03-2019, 02:42 PM
suedeshoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
jesus christ ...no wonder you wear biege and holiday in switzerland
Head-to-toe in navy blue. Never been to Switzerland.
Closed Thread