United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 10-02-2019, 11:12 AM
AK14

Default Team v PSG

What we thinking?

Most of the team picks itself tbh, probably only the defence where there’s places up for grabs?

Dave

Young
Bailey
Linders
Shaw

Matic
Herrera
Pogba

Lingard
Rashers
Martial

Unsure whether Smalling should start ahead of Bailey though.

Unread 10-02-2019, 11:26 AM
Switching Off

Yep, picks itself.

Unread 10-02-2019, 11:28 AM
dunk

Don’t know if this one comes too soon, but Smalling and Lindelof will be your CB’s in the not too distant future imo.

The rest is spot on. Darmian should be ashamed of himself.

Unread 10-02-2019, 11:30 AM
flixton

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14

Who's Bailey?

Unread 10-02-2019, 11:52 AM
AK14

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by flixton
Who's Bailey?
Gary.

Announced he’s come out of retirement to help us out until the end of the season. Hasn’t got the agility to play GK anymore so will be used as a sweeper.

Unread 10-02-2019, 12:03 PM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14

Would go for Smalling as little bit more dependable (which may count for more than being a little bit shitter). Bailly distribution during his last couple of cameos has been worrying.

Unread 10-02-2019, 12:05 PM
Clownbones

Only question mark is who partners Lindelof.

I'd go with Smalling As the 'safest' option, but with his lack of games, I think it's down to Jones or Bailly. Both would terrify me.

The rest picks itself.

De Gea

Young
Lindelof
An Idiot
Shaw

Matic
Herrera
Pogba

Lingard
Martial
Rashford

Unread 10-02-2019, 12:07 PM
Sparky***

my biggest concern is Luke Shaw being destroyed by Mbappe tbh.

Unread 10-02-2019, 12:08 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Be a good test for him. Shaw has plenty of pace which will help.

Unread 10-02-2019, 12:09 PM
Clownbones

Quote:
Plenty to worry about in their side.

Plenty for them to worry about too

Unread 10-02-2019, 12:13 PM
dunk

Just looking at their side. Take out Neymar and Cavani and it looks far less daunting. Eric Choupo-Moting started yesterday

We can do them

Unread 10-02-2019, 12:15 PM
Clownbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Just looking at their side. Take out Neymar and Cavani and it looks far less daunting. Eric Choupo-Moting started yesterday

We can do them
Cavani blows hot and cold too.

I think it's a 50/50 tie .

Unread 10-02-2019, 12:16 PM
Sparky***

Quote:

We can do them
True, Neymar is the big one. We're always the ones who cop it off these Brazilian superstars down the years. Ronaldo, Kaka, Romario etc.. Huge boost for us that he's missing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownbones
Cavani blows hot and cold too.

I think it's a 50/50 tie .
6 weeks ago i wouldn't have given us a chance but anything could happen now.

Unread 10-02-2019, 12:19 PM
Clownbones

Quote:
True, Neymar is the big one. We're always the ones who cop it off these Brazilian superstars down the years. Ronaldo, Kaka, Romario etc.. Huge boost for us that he's missing

6 weeks ago i wouldn't have given us a chance but anything could happen now.
I feel confident we'll show up and play to our strengths. Whether that's good enough, I've no idea...

... But if Jose was here, it'd be low risk shite and we'd be full of regret.

We'll give a better account of ourselves than we did last year against a much worse Sevilla side

I prefer playing the home tie first aswell. You know exactly what you need to do in terms of away goals.

Can't wait tbh. The place should be £#%&!ing rocking

Unread 10-02-2019, 12:32 PM
Neo

Football

Still not convinced by Smalling at all. He’s so average on the ball, and I’d much prefer a proper leader back there to partner Lindelof.

Not sure about the contract extensions for both Smalling and Jones either. Rojo will surely be binned in the summer, then we have Lindelof, Bailly, Smalling and Jones, and hopefully some youth coming through. Does that leave room for a new centre back signing? I would have preferred one of the chuckle brothers to be binned off along with Rojo, bring in an experienced top-class centre back, and allow some room for a youth player like Tuanzebe to step up and get minutes.

As for the team vs PSG, it will most likely be:

De Gea

Young — Bailly — Lindelof — Shaw

Matic — Herrera

Pogba

Lingard — Rashford — Martial

Love how Ole has brought some proper consistency back to the team selections. Feels like years since we’ve had that at United.

Unread 10-02-2019, 12:50 PM
suedeshoes

Cavani ruled out with an injury.

Unread 10-02-2019, 12:50 PM
Switching Off

Quote:

We can do them

Unread 10-02-2019, 12:51 PM
Clownbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
Still not convinced by Smalling at all. He’s so average on the ball, and I’d much prefer a proper leader back there to partner Lindelof.

Not sure about the contract extensions for both Smalling and Jones either. Rojo will surely be binned in the summer, then we have Lindelof, Bailly, Smalling and Jones, and hopefully some youth coming through. Does that leave room for a new centre back signing? I would have preferred one of the chuckle brothers to be binned off along with Rojo, bring in an experienced top-class centre back, and allow some room for a youth player like Tuanzebe to step up and get minutes.

As for the team vs PSG, it will most likely be:

De Gea

Young — Bailly — Lindelof — Shaw

Matic — Herrera

Pogba

Lingard — Rashford — Martial

Love how Ole has brought some proper consistency back to the team selections. Feels like years since we’ve had that at United.
I think Smalling is the best of a bad bunch.

His distribution is truly awful, but he's easily the most dependable and is a good solid defender.

He looked shakey yesterday at the start, but completely bossed Mitrovic after that.

His style compliments Lindelof quite too. Like a discount Rio and Vidic.

Bailly is the one we hope can step up

Rojo will be gone, Jones should have gone too, but oh well.

Unread 10-02-2019, 01:47 PM
puressence

My biggest concern is our top 3 ripping that defence apart cannot wait for this

Unread 10-02-2019, 06:29 PM
red in cumbria

Our strongest side pretty much picks itself for this one.

And yes, of course that means starting

(not really)
Closed Thread