United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 19-02-2019, 01:27 PM
ScarFace

Poch is gunna go to Real in the summer anyway. Zidane can't even talk English.

Ole has already got the job imo

Unread 19-02-2019, 01:29 PM
S/Side.Red

There may not even be a decision to make. Ole vs Poch is a debate, but there's a decent chance Poch doesn't even want to come for whatever reason. If our run continues it feels almost impossible that someone else could get it over Ole.

Maybe Woody would be fascinated with the Zidane option, but I can't see him being preferred to Solskjaer in this climate.

Unread 19-02-2019, 01:30 PM
Bunker Buster

He's already been given it btw.

Unread 19-02-2019, 01:40 PM
Spock

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarFace
Poch is gunna go to Real in the summer anyway. Zidane can't even talk English.

Ole has already got the job imo

Unread 19-02-2019, 01:49 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster

Unread 19-02-2019, 02:07 PM
Big Norm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Not just yet. They have to interview Paul Ince first.

Unread 19-02-2019, 02:48 PM
wiganste

Has to be Ole - young man, plenty of years in him. Loves United like a fan so absolutely no chance his head will be turned. The players love him, he’s got experienced coaching staff and Carrick learning his trade
He has a fantastic opportunity to build teams here over the next few years. Win a few titles/cups etc. All going well, who’s to say he won’t be here in 10-15 years time?

Unread 19-02-2019, 02:53 PM
dunk

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
Has to be Ole - young man, plenty of years in him. Loves United like a fan so absolutely no chance his head will be turned. The players love him, he’s got experienced coaching staff and Carrick learning his trade
He has a fantastic opportunity to build teams here over the next few years. Win a few titles/cups etc. All going well, who’s to say he won’t be here in 10-15 years time?

Unread 19-02-2019, 03:22 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
should be given the job for the verbal slap he gave Alan Shearer on live tv

Still got Keano’s back. Lovely to see.

I think that whole team hated Shearer.

Unread 19-02-2019, 04:05 PM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
All going well, who’s to say he won’t be here in 10-15 years time?

Unread 19-02-2019, 04:42 PM
boreez

Ole has succeeded beyond my wildest dreams.

I do still wonder how he and our players will do under real pressure next season when there is something to lose. However, we've seen more decorated and seasoned managers implode under that pressure. There is no guarantee Poch, Zidane or anyone else will tolerate it either.

Give him the job. He has earned it.

Unread 19-02-2019, 04:53 PM
Albert Tatlock

Remember the days when our biggest worry was how Barca, Bayern or Madrid were going to cheat us out of the European Cup ? The league was a foregone conclusion and the FA cup was just the luck of the draw.

Unread 19-02-2019, 04:53 PM
Lazlo Panaflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
what's he washing a window with his tiny hand? ranting under his breath about falsely percieved racism nqat

Unread 19-02-2019, 04:55 PM
Cream

It says something that even Lukaku and Sanchez are happy. Their careers are effectively on the rocks and they're smiling. Not one hint of discontent since he took over.

Fellaini shuffled out the door.

Won the Norwegian league twice, runners up twice. Clearly has something about him.

Fans adore him. Club in general adores him. Coaching setup looks solid. Results are phenomenal. Getting the best season out of Pogba's whole career.

It would take one hell of a shit end to the season for this not to happen.

Unread 19-02-2019, 05:01 PM
Fat Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
It says something that even Lukaku and Sanchez are happy. Their careers are effectively on the rocks and they're smiling. Not one hint of discontent since he took over.

Fellaini shuffled out the door.

Won the Norwegian league twice, runners up twice. Clearly has something about him.

Fans adore him. Club in general adores him. Coaching setup looks solid. Results are phenomenal. Getting the best season out of Pogba's whole career.

It would take one hell of a shit end to the season for this not to happen.
Got the sense & humilty to make sure he’s got good people around him & that it is a team effort.
No one else i’d rather have TBH

Unread 19-02-2019, 05:46 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
Beat the murderers and a good showing at PSG.

AND Finish 4th or above and he can have it imo.
I don’t see why he should need to finish fourth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
Love to share your enthusiasm pure but if PSG score, which they will, we then need to score 3...
We need to score 3 anyway.

Unread 19-02-2019, 07:27 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownbones
We're in danger of overanalysing all this. Each week seems to be the week where we REALLY find out what he's all about it.
Some truth in that. Clearly it's a big decision so does require some thought, but there does come a time where you have to not £#%&! with something that is working and feels like it could work longer term.

Benfica been in a similar situation. Sacked a successful manager. The interim has done similar to Solksjaer, which wasn't expected. They have just given him a four-year contract. This sort of impact isn't normal, even for an interim. Binning it off would be brave.

The risk I suppose is letting Poch go elsewhere. Perhaps ideally he stays at Spurs for another couple of years while Ole gets his shot.

Unread 19-02-2019, 08:05 PM
Whalefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
The risk I suppose is letting Poch go elsewhere.
Who do you think would pay the money Spurs (Levy) would want for him? He'll have 5 years left on his current deal come the end of the season, a deal he signed so that his large back room staff would get a pay hike. Recent reports suggest it'd be £38 million (minimum) for Spurs to even take any interest seriously.

Anyone notice the 'Fergie' nod yesterday when the cross came in for Herrera's goal? That was the moment for me.

Unread 19-02-2019, 08:50 PM
My Name is Keith

Suppose with Poch, he’ll be possibly easier to get from spurs in a couple of years if ole doesn’t work out and if he goes to Madrid, he’ll only be there for 2 years possibly. To my mind, there’s no real reason not to give ole a 3 year contract and see how it goes.

Also could be the 1st manager everyone’s been united on (forum and irl) since Fergie left (accepting that no one wanted moyes).

Unread 19-02-2019, 08:51 PM
Child of Darkness

Stinks of piss was claiming appointing ole as an interim was a "no brainier" last night .... just proves when something startling or unexpected happens then there's usually some @#%&! gonna say it was obvious or always gonna happen.

My hate for that @#%&! never abates .
Closed Thread