United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Hall of Fame

Unread 29-03-2018, 10:39 PM
Knockers

Quote:
Originally Posted by £#%&! KFC
Jesper Blomqvist. I just want to check that’s who we’re all talking about. The skinny wretch who played for us for one single season and nobody gave a £#%&! about when he went back to being a ghost or whatever the £#%&! he was.

Unread 29-03-2018, 10:41 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knockers
Jesper Blomqvist. I just want to check that’s who we’re all talking about. The skinny wretch who played for us for one single season and nobody gave a f*** about when he went back to being a ghost or whatever the f*** he was.
pretty significant one season though wouldn't you say.........

Unread 29-03-2018, 10:51 PM
S/Side.Red

Definitely a chance of a bit of rose tinted nostalgia about Jesper tbf.

Scored one goal all season but is naturally forever tied to our greatest ever year.

Unread 29-03-2018, 10:53 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Definitely a chance of a bit of rose tinted nostalgia about Jesper tbf.

Scored one goal all season but is naturally forever tied to our greatest ever year.
There was miles more to come. Another we were robbed of by injury

Unread 29-03-2018, 10:55 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
There was miles more to come. Another we were robbed of by injury
Previous season: one goal for Milan.
Season before that: one goal for Parma.

I'm saying he'd have bagged a couple had he stayed fit

Unread 29-03-2018, 10:58 PM
dunk

Quote:
Previous season: one goal for Milan.
Season before that: one goal for Parma.

I'm saying he'd have bagged a couple had he stayed fit
Scored a £#%&!ing cracking volley pre-season ‘99. Last thing he did for us

Unread 29-03-2018, 11:03 PM
Cream

I was at the Lodz game.

Can't remember the score, never mind the scorers, and I've just watched the video.

Unread 29-03-2018, 11:08 PM
Tiberian

Fergie wanted Blomqvist for a number of years. He was never going to put up major stats but he was technically proficient and surprisingly decent defensively.

Solid back up for Giggs with his hammy injuries and also allowed Fergie to use Giggs in different ways which he was always experimenting with. Some talk as if Giggs going into midfield later in his career was out of the blue but he had played that role as far back as 98/99 iirc, Wimbledon at home, 5-1, for instance.

Fortune was a downgrade as a replacement for Blomqvist.

Unread 29-03-2018, 11:20 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
I was at the Lodz game.

Can't remember the score, never mind the scorers, and I've just watched the video.

the away game??? me too....top trip, smashed for about £4.25

Unread 30-03-2018, 03:35 AM
Stickman

Blomqvist had as many bad games as he did good imo but by god could he carry the ball 50-60 yards when he was “on”.

Whoever called Johnsen average or whatever is talking crap, he hardly ever didn’t play well. I loved the guy.

Unread 30-03-2018, 06:08 AM
Albert Tatlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
Blomqvist had as many bad games as he did good imo but by god could he carry the ball 50-60 yards when he was “on”.

Whoever called Johnsen average or whatever is talking crap, he hardly ever didn’t play well. I loved the guy.
Ronnie Johnson was outstanding for us. Very sad to see him go...he left earlier than expected as well...to Villa was it ?

Unread 30-03-2018, 09:11 AM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Tatlock
Ronnie Johnson was outstanding for us. Very sad to see him go...he left earlier than expected as well...to Villa was it ?
He was £#%&!ed by injuries tbf

Agree though very underrated player, very good on the ball and as calm as you like most of the time. No doubt he’d be at City or Barca if he was playing these days

I liked Berg too, very experienced pro who was consistent.

Unread 30-03-2018, 09:27 AM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by £#%&! KFC
the away game??? me too....top trip, smashed for about £4.25
£#%&! no.

Imagine it would have been a looooot more fun though.

Unread 30-03-2018, 10:35 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
Fergie wanted Blomqvist for a number of years. He was never going to put up major stats but he was technically proficient and surprisingly decent defensively.

Solid back up for Giggs with his hammy injuries and also allowed Fergie to use Giggs in different ways which he was always experimenting with. Some talk as if Giggs going into midfield later in his career was out of the blue but he had played that role as far back as 98/99 iirc, Wimbledon at home, 5-1, for instance.

Fortune was a downgrade as a replacement for Blomqvist.
Fair enough. Just noticed that he never scored for Sweden either. Bloody hated a goal did Jesper.

We had plenty who could score though.

Unread 30-03-2018, 11:16 AM
Withers

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
Won’t watch I have the memories of being there
You were only there because you were working you plank

The rest of us were on a three day bender

Unread 30-03-2018, 11:27 AM
dunk

Quote:
Fair enough. Just noticed that he never scored for Sweden either. Bloody hated a goal did Jesper.

We had plenty who could score though.
Didn’t he manage a brace against us in ‘94?

Unread 30-03-2018, 11:31 AM
believe

Quote:
I could have probably scored that day with May at RB

Unread 30-03-2018, 12:09 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
I could have probably scored that day with May at RB
poor Dave, nobody at all defending him.

Unread 30-03-2018, 12:33 PM
92ToBury

Quote:
Anderson scored twice in one game against Neuer. These freak events do happen dunk

Unread 30-03-2018, 01:05 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman

Stickers knows