United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 23-07-2019, 10:19 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finport Red
Even that seems a bit far fetched. I thought they all just operated on the 'throw a lot of mud, see what sticks' method.
All journos will nurture a few sources within clubs. Mostly a mutual relationship. Never any money changing hands.

It you’re right though - these days it’s guess work. Stopped clock and all that

Unread 23-07-2019, 07:03 PM
AK14

Playing in Leicester’s pre season friendly tonight...

Guess he hasn’t signed for us then

Unread 23-07-2019, 07:15 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Playing in Leicester’s pre season friendly tonight...

Guess he hasn’t signed for us then
Possibly a farewell to the fans - RvP did similar IIRC?

Unread 23-07-2019, 07:20 PM
Clownbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Possibly a farewell to the fans - RvP did similar IIRC?
Clearly had his head turned.

Which is no mean feat.

Unread 23-07-2019, 07:37 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
They wouldn’t and they don’t.

Can just see them walking into the editor’s office.

“Hey boss, radio el Bullshit say they have a great transfer tip they can share if we can bung them a couple of grand”

“P45 over there mate”

If anything, it’s the other way around. Clubs and agents taking journos out for lunch and giving them freebies to get their PR angles out there.
£#%&!ing clueless.

Why I said it depends on what you mean by tip is to avoid the shite you’ve just posted. It’s probably more like a couple of hundred rather than a couple of grand, for a well sourced bit of info that checks out and is of interest.

Unread 23-07-2019, 09:04 PM
Sparky***

Unread 23-07-2019, 09:57 PM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
£#%&!ing clueless.

Why I said it depends on what you mean by tip is to avoid the shite you’ve just posted. It’s probably more like a couple of hundred rather than a couple of grand, for a well sourced bit of info that checks out and is of interest.
A couple of hundred for a transfer tip

Unread 23-07-2019, 10:06 PM
Buck

Quote:
£#%&!ing clueless.

You walked into that one mate.

Unread 23-07-2019, 10:12 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
A couple of hundred for a transfer tip

He’s £#%&!ing loopy.

I’m imagining a scene from Dickinson’s Real Deal played out in a smoky backstreet boozer.

“Right, you’ve got a bit of info on Harry Maguire’s next move. I’m now going to lay out 7 crisp £20 notes on the table, and you have a little think if that’s close to the figure you had in your head.

No? £180 final offer, take it or leave it”

Unread 23-07-2019, 10:16 PM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
He’s £#%&!ing loopy.

I’m imagining a scene from Dickinson’s Real Deal played out in a smoky backstreet boozer.

“Right, you’ve got a bit of info on Harry Maguire’s next move. I’m now going to lay out 7 crisp £20 notes on the table, and you have a little think if that’s close to the figure you had in your head.

No? £180 final offer, take it or leave it”

“You’ve got until midnight. Then the presses start to roll.”

Unread 24-07-2019, 12:36 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
£#%&!ing clueless.

Mate this isn't Chicago PD, giving local crackheads a few bucks for the word on the street.

You're suggesting Henry Winter Paypals the Leicester pure a few hundred for insider gossip? Stand down on this one imo.

Unread 24-07-2019, 12:48 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Mate this isn't Chicago PD, giving local crackheads a few bucks for the word on the street.

You're suggesting Henry Winter Paypals the Leicester pure a few hundred for insider gossip? Stand down on this one imo.

Crispecenes doing big numbers on the DM...

Unread 24-07-2019, 05:11 AM
puressence

pretty funny you dont think tips to certain press dont pay ..ive had 4 different stories in papers via somebody with contacts ..fact

Unread 24-07-2019, 05:48 AM
browser

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
pretty funny you dont think tips to certain press dont pay ..ive had 4 different stories in papers via somebody with contacts ..fact
I remember seeing one of those in the Guardian actually.

“MAGIRE DEAL DUN. SCARFSHOT NECST WENDYDAY”

Unread 24-07-2019, 06:17 AM
Stickman

nailed on cult hero.

Unread 24-07-2019, 07:06 AM
d_knight

Quote:
Does that include your tip about de ligt coming to United dun deel?

YOU lying sack of shit fatass.
Eric Cartman of the forum

Unread 24-07-2019, 07:16 AM
Curtis

Quote:
pretty funny you dont think tips to certain press dont pay ..ive had 4 different stories in papers via somebody with contacts ..fact *
* Not fact.

Unread 24-07-2019, 07:18 AM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Via Redeye? Nice one pal

Unread 24-07-2019, 07:20 AM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtis
* Not fact.
it is a fact

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
Via Redeye? Nice one pal
no comment

Unread 24-07-2019, 08:12 AM