United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 13-05-2019, 07:48 AM
Sandman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brucie
Pretty much.

Not interested in getting into debate or stupid name calling or petulant "hope you die" shit posts from the usual suspect or WUMs from anyone

I genuinely have no idea how this gets fixed. There is nothing to be positive about right now. Nothing.

Oh sure, we can say it's not Ole's team, players etc and they are shit but, Leicester City are playing a new way of football, under a manager you and others ripped the piss out of and now Ole is saying they can finish above us. Rodgers had a plan and implemented it, with players who are apparently not good enough for us... Everyone here scoffed at Maguire in the summer... I dont believe we really were going for him but, is he any worse than what we have? According to Ole, we're gonna be a mid table team

Worse than anything Moyes ever said and we can all pretend to be "top reds" but that is £#%&!ing frightening

I love this club more than anything and its hurtful to see the current state of it

City won the league today and yet, its us that are on people's minds, because we're so shit... Disgraceful

But hey, let's blame Mourinho, even though the signs were there in 2008. Let's take the easy option... We won two trophies under the £#%&!er, got back into the CL and now we're back to trying to achieve an Europa League... Words from the current manager. If anyone on here suggested we should win the Europa League, they would ripped apart and Pop would photoshop their head in a guillotine

The outrage at it being leaked he called Pogba a virus... As wrong as he may have been in saying that in the modern game, Pogba's reaction today to the supporter spoke volumes.

We are £#%&!ed. Can pretend we're not all we want but, we are.

"Oh but Ole went unbeaten earlier in the season"
So did Moyes between end of October and December, from memory
I also had a £#%&! over Liz Hurley earlier, doesnt mean I rode her does it?

But yeah.. Ole is at the wheel. Ffs

Feels very Sparky lite that post...

Diet Sparky
I found that quite worrying tbh, I'd rather he stopped making predicitions about where he expects us to finish, and how long it's going to take to challenge.

As siders has said, the lack of any real structure to our play, regardless of results, should be his main concern, if it's a coaching problem, bring in other coaches to work with you.

Unread 13-05-2019, 09:41 AM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
I genuinely have no faith.

Like I said, Rodgers has players that aren't his signings and he has them playing with a clear direction and purpose. Ole doesnt and he, according to everyone on here, has better players than Leicester... Are people overestimating the players' ability or giving Ole q free ride because of the emotional impact he had on us as a player?
Other than fitness, the things that are wrong can’t be put right on the training pitch. The bad attitudes can only be sorted with transfers. But there seems to be one problem that can’t be sorted by the manager, and it’s probably the main cause of our slump.

The squad seem very split. Seems team spirit has fallen apart due to contract issues. Probably came to a head when it became clear Herrera and Mata were being shunned by the club whereas other player got nice new contracts with pay rises that probably didn’t deserve them. De gea and rashford are also in the same boat. It’s likely causing a lot of ill will and splits in the dressing room. That issue can’t be fixed by any manager. It comes from the top.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman
I found that quite worrying tbh, I'd rather he stopped making predicitions about where he expects us to finish, and how long it's going to take to challenge.

As siders has said, the lack of any real structure to our play, regardless of results, should be his main concern, if it's a coaching problem, bring in other coaches to work with you.
Surely it was mind games with his bosses. Let them know the danger and get them to change approach. For all we know, Woodward is happy with little tweaks and ole is fighting for what he wants. But it can’t be, ole’s too nice

Unread 13-05-2019, 11:19 AM
Spock

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
We still have loads of talent. The media coverage has been as manic depressive as this place. When Mou was in charge everyone said we had loads of great talent that he was stalling, then after Ole took over that was repeated. Now we apparently need a mass clear-out.

Truth is United still have plenty of talent to work with. Have to apply the same critical eye as under Mou. For a manager to have Pogba, Mata, Martial, Lingard, Rashford, Sanchez, Lukaku and some interesting youth players and for it to look so painfully shit at the attacking end is worrying. That group should be putting away most teams in this league. But all of them have lost form. The confidence is drained.

We still have issues but if - and it's a big if - we got a commanding centre-half, two quality midfielders and an exciting forward, I would expect a manager to provide a strong challenge for 3rd next season. People act like Spurs and Chelsea don't have plenty of shites.
they £#%&!ing hide it well then

Unread 13-05-2019, 05:21 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spock
they £#%&!ing hide it well then
Is "talent" that hardly ever shows itself actually talent?

Average players can have the occasional good game after all - John Aston had a stormer at Wembley in 1968 FFS

Unread 13-05-2019, 11:34 PM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Of course he was right. He’s the only manager in the modern game who could have turned it round he just got asked to do it 3 years too late. Shame he’s also a bit of a #@&%!.
Shame we got lumbered with Woodward and Moyes more like. Woody walked all over a manager who was just giddy to be here, setting the tone for what Ed believed his role to be.

Unread 07-08-2019, 09:40 AM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
IF wE DOnt GeT R1D OF wooDWArd It WiLL haPPEn to OLe too

£#%&!ing parasites......
Looking more and more likely tbf...

Woodward is a massive problem for any manager at the club and no matter who the owners are.

Unread 07-08-2019, 10:28 AM
Albert Tatlock

Quote:
I genuinely have no faith.

Like I said, Rodgers has players that aren't his signings and he has them playing with a clear direction and purpose. Ole doesnt and he, according to everyone on here, has better players than Leicester... Are people overestimating the players' ability or giving Ole q free ride because of the emotional impact he had on us as a player?

It's nothing new... We are all pissed off and at a loss as to what comes next. We can all put forward solutions, tactics, transfer targets etc and act like we're wise poets, spouting about how LVG was all about total football and how we should have kept him etc, or how Mou was right and we should have backed him... Fact is, none of us have a clue.

Do any of us know what Rashford is like behind the scenes for example? Mata is clearly pissed off at the club and the coaches and yet no one is connecting the dots on that one. This isn't about the media.. None of us need Ogden or Kay to tell us that we're in serious trouble.

Pogba today with that supporter... I cant even put it into words.
Don't forget that when Ole first came we won summat like nine out of twelve and drew two. In those games we had good results against spurs, arsenal, psg and we even got a draw (I think) against Liverpool. Now it may have gone pear shaped later on, but that was probably due to contractual issues with some players and Pogba downing tools. Neither of these are problems with the manager. I believe if Ole sticks with the youth and somehow gets shot of the pog, then we're going to have a decent season and possibly a top four finish. Uefa or FA cup would be a big bonus. Have some £#%&!ing faith ffs

Unread 07-08-2019, 11:21 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Looking more and more likely tbf...

Woodward is a massive problem for any manager at the club and no matter who the owners are.
Woodward himself isn't the problem. If Ed got run over tomorrow he'd be replaced by someone just like him.

The incompetence is structural. For him to be six years in and still more secure in his job than anyone at the club tells you everything about priorities and outlook from above.

Unread 07-08-2019, 11:22 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
Woodward himself isn't the problem. If Ed got run over tomorrow he'd be replaced by someone just like him.

The incompetence is structural. For him to be six years in and still more secure in his job than anyone at the club tells you everything about priorities and outlook from above.
the players change, the managers change, the coaches change...

one constant remains.

Unread 07-08-2019, 11:25 AM
Buck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***

one constant remains.
the kitman

Unread 07-08-2019, 11:28 AM
AK14

Quote:

The glazers aren’t telling Ed to spend a shit load of money and get us to have one of the highest wages bills in football only for us to finish 6th.

Of course he’d be replaced by someone who’d be instructed to run the club the way the glazers want, but that could be done whilst not running the club like a Sunday pub team.

The owners are the ultimate problem at the club obviously, but I can’t really see them going anywhere anytime soon.

Unread 07-08-2019, 11:32 AM
Patty_b

The owners and Woodward are both massive sets of @#%&!s and all deserve to die.

Woodward is the main blockage at the moment, cut his head off and things might start getting a bit better on the pitch, but the parasites will be remain leeching of the club.

They all want shooting, encased in cement and thrown to the bottom of the ocean.

Unread 07-08-2019, 11:53 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
The glazers aren’t telling Ed to spend a shit load of money and get us to have one of the highest wages bills in football only for us to finish 6th.

Of course he’d be replaced by someone who’d be instructed to run the club the way the glazers want, but that could be done whilst not running the club like a Sunday pub team.

The owners are the ultimate problem at the club obviously, but I can’t really see them going anywhere anytime soon.
He’s an accountant in charge of a football team. But if Ed £#%&!ed off do you think the Glazers would replace him with some Spanish director of football they’ve never heard of, or would they rather another accountant who can give them the financial and commercial expertise above everything? I suspect that Richard Arnold bloke would get the gig.

I don’t understand why United don’t believe football people at board level could help. But they clearly aren’t interested.

Unread 07-08-2019, 12:31 PM
AK14

Quote:
He’s an accountant in charge of a football team. But if Ed £#%&!ed off do you think the Glazers would replace him with some Spanish director of football they’ve never heard of, or would they rather another accountant who can give them the financial and commercial expertise above everything? I suspect that Richard Arnold bloke would get the gig.

I don’t understand why United don’t believe football people at board level could help. But they clearly aren’t interested.
Don’t get me wrong Football people at board level would be great and not just a made up board to keep certain people happy. But then I don’t think it’s massively important because there’s plenty of CEO’s at clubs that haven’t got that football experience.

We may get lucky and have someone that actually knows how to run a successful business which would help massively. The past six years have proven that Woodward is bumbling #@&%! and is seen that way not just with United supporters but through out football, no smoke without fire etc?..

As bad as our owners are I’m confident they’re not telling Ed to run us like this, creating one of the highest wage bills in football for a mediocre squad and chasing ‘marquee’ players while offering them millions and millions of pounds. That doesn’t scream financial expertise to me?

They obviously have a loyalty towards him and he’s going no where, but even with the parasite owners a more capable person in charge would see us run a lot more efficiently.

Unread 07-08-2019, 12:38 PM
Whip Hubley

It's neither 'just' about the glazers nor 'just' about Woodward. They're both awful for the football side of things, for differing reasons

Unread 07-08-2019, 12:43 PM
Sapien

Quote:

one constant remains.
Your whining?

Unread 07-08-2019, 12:46 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapien
Your whining?

Unread 07-08-2019, 02:43 PM
browser

Quote:

Unread 07-08-2019, 05:17 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Tatlock
Don't forget that when Ole first came we won summat like nine out of twelve and drew two. In those games we had good results against spurs, arsenal, psg and we even got a draw (I think) against Liverpool.
A draw, but one in which we were much the better team.

Unfortunately, the injuries in that game pretty much £#%&!ed us for the rest of the season - and showed that our new manager didn't have much of a Plan B.

(though given his circumstances, that was maybe forgivable then - not so much this campaign)

Unread 07-08-2019, 07:19 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Don’t get me wrong Football people at board level would be great and not just a made up board to keep certain people happy. But then I don’t think it’s massively important because there’s plenty of CEO’s at clubs that haven’t got that football experience.

We may get lucky and have someone that actually knows how to run a successful business which would help massively. The past six years have proven that Woodward is bumbling #@&%! and is seen that way not just with United supporters but through out football, no smoke without fire etc?..

As bad as our owners are I’m confident they’re not telling Ed to run us like this, creating one of the highest wage bills in football for a mediocre squad and chasing ‘marquee’ players while offering them millions and millions of pounds. That doesn’t scream financial expertise to me?

They obviously have a loyalty towards him and he’s going no where, but even with the parasite owners a more capable person in charge would see us run a lot more efficiently.
Well they don’t know which players are mediocre. They don’t know who is a marque player and who isn’t. So who informs them of the football intricacies? Ed? Some business mates in the US? It’s not about what they tell him to do, but his ineptitude on the football side isn’t resulting in his job being under threat. That tells you what their priorities are. It tells you if Ed wasn’t there the priorities wouldn’t be any different.

It’s unusual, almost unheard of, for a club of this size to underachieve to this extent for this long without a change in the directorship of the football side of things. There’s incompetence and there’s this. I suspect if the profits collapsed like the football has over six years he’d be gone. There’d be a total overhaul. An issue of priorities. They just don’t care that much about what happens on the pitch.
Closed Thread