United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 31-07-2007, 09:07 AM
El Calafate

Default League seeks Tevez solution

Good article in todays MEN

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co...._solution.html

THE transfer of Alan Smith is a sign that United are optimistic they can still secure a deal to bring Tevez to the club before the August 31 transfer deadline.

Reports that the Premier League board were meeting yesterday to consider a proposed out-of-court settlement were a case of "over- egging the pudding" according to one source close to the affair.

The matter was up for discussion by League officials Sir David Richards, Richard Scudamore and Mike Foster amid indications that a compromise deal could be acceptable.

United are secretly hoping an agreement can be struck between the League, West Ham and the two companies which claim ownership of Tevez, with the Hammers receiving compensation and agreeing to release the Argentinian from his registration and contract.

That would enable the Reds to go through with the two-year "rental" deal they have set up with Kia Joorbachian, who represents the two companies, Media Sports Investment and Just Sports Inc.

In that deal, already set up by the two parties, United will pay MSI and JSI a rental fee and, at the end of a two-year period, will have the option to buy Tevez for a fee already agreed - believed to be around £25m.

The worst case for United would be if attempts to reach an out-of-court settlement fail and the matter ends up in the High Court, which could see Tevez sidelined at least until the January transfer window.

The problem facing the Premier League is that if they are seen to acknowledge JSI-MSI's ownership of Tevez and allow a transfer fee to be paid to them, they will leave themselves wide open for a legal challenge from Sheffield United.

The Blades were relegated last season after Tevez inspired West Ham to a great escape - and he was only allowed to play after the Premier League received assurances from West Ham that he was their player, and that a contract between the club and the two companies had been ripped up.

Any sign that those assurances were worthless, as the contracts had only been terminated by one side, may spark a £50m compensation claim from Sheffield United.

nft.

Unread 31-07-2007, 09:13 AM
utd for ever

Its going to court...kia wont accept that deal..

Unread 31-07-2007, 09:15 AM
koppas

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd for ever
Thanks Maurice.

Unread 31-07-2007, 09:15 AM
El Calafate

Quote:
i want it to go to court tbh. nft.

Unread 31-07-2007, 09:16 AM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Calafate
i want it to go to court tbh. nft.
??

Unread 31-07-2007, 09:19 AM
El Calafate

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC
??
because i don't think it should be swept under the carpet. i actually think the PL are just as guilty as WH in all of this. I want Scudamore to be sacked and WH to be docked points. i'm happy to wait till Xmas for Tevez if that happens. nft.

Unread 31-07-2007, 09:23 AM
The Return of JC

Quote:
because i don't think it should be swept under the carpet. i actually think the PL are just as guilty as WH in all of this. I want Scudamore to be sacked and WH to be docked points. i'm happy to wait till Xmas for Tevez if that happens. nft.
I care about United first and foremost. It hardly seems just that we miss out on Tevez for half a season because of them either.

Unread 31-07-2007, 09:25 AM
El Calafate

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC
I care about United first and foremost. It hardly seems just that we miss out on Tevez for half a season because of them either.
normally i'd agree but i'm so pissed off with this injustice i want heads to roll. the reporting on this has been a complete joke. nft.

Unread 31-07-2007, 09:29 AM
sharath

I want this to go to court.

either way I will like the outcome. i hate wet £#%&!ers, pl clowns and dodgy MSI.

and it will give rossi a chance too with smith £#%&!ed off.

Unread 31-07-2007, 09:31 AM
The Return of JC

Quote:
normally i'd agree but i'm so pissed off with this injustice i want heads to roll. the reporting on this has been a complete joke. nft.
I know. I agree. It's stinks so badly that it's embarrassing and all should be ashamed.....

.....but I still care about United more. There's no way the book will be thrown at anyone, they'll all do their homework and work a solution where that won't happen.
It doesn't change what the PL are/did and we should at least get our man out of it.

If he arrives it will give me so much joy to see him in the shirt when you consider all this shit.

Unread 31-07-2007, 09:38 AM
Serenity Now

SSN have now got a reporter stationed outside the High Court, they reckon Kia will be there today.

Unread 31-07-2007, 09:39 AM
Barca '91

I agree with JC and El on this one. Just not sure which one I agree with most.

The entire principle of the thing is £#%&!ing me off and its about time the PL were brought to task and I would love to see them dragged through a steaming pile of their own faeces. Plus would love to see WHU squirm over it all.

At the same time however, as JC says I also think about United first and foremost and there is no doubting that a player of Tevez's class would benefit the side to a huge degree.

Oooh I just dont know what I want for the best. Other than for the whole thing to get done one way or the other because it is getting tedious.

Unread 31-07-2007, 09:47 AM
carlosartorial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenity Now
SSN have now got a reporter stationed outside the High Court, they reckon Kia will be there today.
Class.

Unread 31-07-2007, 09:48 AM
24hr Leavesey

Quote:
100% agree. We were more than happy to wait for Hargreaves, not the same circumstances sure, but it was about one club (bayern) standing up for their rights for the good of the game.

We can't sway the decisions anyway, and will have to sit and wait whatever the outcome. We can always play with Ronnie upfront if need be, in fact, I'd love to see that happen now we have all these midfield options.

Unread 31-07-2007, 09:54 AM
utd for ever

Quote:
So thats mean kia has rejected the settlement deal...rite..

Unread 31-07-2007, 10:18 AM
Serenity Now

Quote:
So thats mean kia has rejected the settlement deal...rite..
SSN still seem to think an out-of-court settlement is the most likely outcome.

Basically, it seems they have to arrange the date for a hearing now just in case no agreement can be reached, otherwise it could be a long wait as the Court begins a month long recess on Friday.

Or something.

Unread 31-07-2007, 10:21 AM
El Calafate

Quote:
SSN still seem to think an out-of-court settlement is the most likely outcome.

Basically, it seems they have to arrange the date for a hearing now just in case no agreement can be reached, otherwise it could be a long wait as the Court begins a month long recess on Friday.

Or something.
he needs to get a date otherwise WH and the PL will just £#%&! him over even more. nft.

Unread 31-07-2007, 10:31 AM
Spiffy

I too want it to go to court. I don't think the PL or whoever should act in an unprofessional manner and then try and wriggle out of their mess by stinging United. Tevez could be settling in in Mcr now, he could have played in the pre-season tour and got to know his team mates which would have helped our start to the season. If the PL want to mess the transfer around and delay it, sting them. Scudamore must be shitting bricks, I bet he's sweating like Stephen Hawking's when he first heard about the millennium bug.

Unread 31-07-2007, 10:39 AM
Serenity Now

SSN reporting that the hearing is set for the 22nd of August.

Unread 31-07-2007, 10:47 AM
Whalefish

Quote:
That is correct.
Closed Thread