United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 14-05-2021, 12:59 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
shaw and pogba both had the ball plenty in the liverpool half... as did rashford. it was decision-making that cost us. that and rashford's inability to run fast in the first half. liverpool didn't nullify any threat. we wasted a lot of promising moves.

it did look like a foul, but.. if the ref doesn't give it.. you don't wait til the other team get to the edge of your box before fouling petulantly (shouldn't do it at all, but city would have made sure the disruptive foul was in their half) and you don't fall asleep at the back when the free kick is delivered. pogba should not be allowed in our half and that was typical of what he does when he's there.
First 20 minutes, agreed, after that we struggled to get out of our half.

Unread 14-05-2021, 01:01 PM
jem

wan b also got forward plenty. to little effect.

Unread 14-05-2021, 01:05 PM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Jesus Christ, stop moaning you entitled little tit.

If you’re 37 you’re lucky enough to have lived through the most successful period in this clubs long history, and have had to endure very little hardship. Including plenty of fine results against the dippers.

Swear to god we have the most spoilt fan base on the planet. Same crew who cry about us ‘only’ having 3 European cups, despite there only being 6 clubs in the whole of Europe who have won more ffs.

The "I've never seen us win comfortably at Anfield. Ever." was the killer.

I'd take the goon from O'Shea scoring the winner in the last few minutes over a comfortable win any day.

Unread 14-05-2021, 01:11 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
shaw and pogba both had the ball plenty in the liverpool half... as did rashford. it was decision-making that cost us. that and rashford's inability to run fast in the first half. liverpool didn't nullify any threat. we wasted a lot of promising moves.

it did look like a foul, but.. if the ref doesn't give it.. you don't wait til the other team get to the edge of your box before fouling petulantly (shouldn't do it at all, but city would have made sure the disruptive foul was in their half) and you don't fall asleep at the back when the free kick is delivered. pogba should not be allowed in our half and that was typical of what he does when he's there.
You’re right, the decision making was utterly appaling. Is it really asking too much for our seasoned pro’s to know that a minute before half time is not the moment to be dangling a lazy leg ten yards outside the box? You see so many little things you expect to be obvious to these players that, seemingly, just aren’t.

Unread 14-05-2021, 01:12 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen

I'd take the goon from O'Shea scoring the winner in the last few minutes over a comfortable win any day.
The LVG win was pretty good win too with slopehead getting sent off after 36 seconds.

Unread 14-05-2021, 01:17 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen

Yup, our record at Anfield is infinitely better than theirs at Old Trafford. I think they’ve won about 9 league matches in a hundred odd years here.

Unread 14-05-2021, 01:17 PM
utd99

Be interesting to see Billy’s response to this co-ordinated assault.

Unread 14-05-2021, 01:30 PM
Jethro

Rashford is becoming my biggest concern each week. He'll score the occasional goal but his all round play is currently vile.

So many opportunities last night where he didn't look remotely arsed or fit. Looks lost.

Unread 14-05-2021, 01:33 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
Rashford is becoming my biggest concern each week. He'll score the occasional goal but his all round play is currently vile.

So many opportunities last night where he didn't look remotely arsed or fit. Looks lost.
If our players had their names removed, Rashford would not be getting into this team.

Unread 14-05-2021, 01:35 PM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
wan b also got forward plenty. to little effect.
set up the first goal

Unread 14-05-2021, 01:38 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
set up the first goal

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
If our players had their names removed, Rashford would not be getting into this team.
Scored the second goal and combined with AWB to create the first.

Unread 14-05-2021, 01:48 PM
20LEgend1999

If our players had their names removed, which one of them would've scored 21 goals to keep Marcus Redacted out of the team? Other than Bruno who has scored 13 penalties, Rashford is our top scorer and has set up more goals than anybody but Bruno.

He does look tired and out of form at times, but he's still in our Best 11 IMO.

Unread 14-05-2021, 01:48 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk

Scored the second goal and combined with AWB to create the first.
Trust me, there’s no player in our squad I want to succeed more than Rashford, but atm he’s about momentary excellence rather than sustained excellence. As it stands, and if Ole were picking the EL final team on form, Rashford would not be starting.

Unread 14-05-2021, 01:50 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20LEgend1999
If our players had their names removed, which one of them would've scored 21 goals to keep Marcus Redacted out of the team? Other than Bruno who has scored 13 penalties, Rashford is our top scorer and has set up more goals than anybody but Bruno.

He does look tired and out of form, but he's still in our Best 11.
He's not played well at times and his decision making is frustrating, but the shit he gets is mental It feels like half of our support is willing him to fail, he's 23 ffs.

Unread 14-05-2021, 01:51 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
set up the first goal
he got forward a lot. most of the time, he carries the ball forward, but does nothing interesting with it.

bruno did £#%&! all in the game except whine. I suppose you'd like to point out that he scored.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro

that is at the root of all his problems.

Unread 14-05-2021, 02:05 PM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
he got forward a lot. Most of the time, he carries the ball forward, but does nothing interesting with it.

Bruno did £#%&! all in the game except whine. I suppose you'd like to point out that he scored.

That is at the root of all his problems.
he scored the first

Unread 14-05-2021, 07:47 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd
Yup, our record at Anfield is infinitely better than theirs at Old Trafford. I think they’ve won about 9 league matches in a hundred odd years here.
Is it really that few?? There was that insane time in the early noughties when they beat us about 9 times out of 10 for a start......

Unread 15-05-2021, 12:04 PM
Dr Stranger

Still pissed off

Unread 15-05-2021, 02:02 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Still pissed off
Mid life crisis. It happens.

Unread 15-05-2021, 02:04 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote: