United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 14-05-2021, 12:05 PM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
I think people can upset over whatever they want tbh, mate.
Didn't say they can't be

Unread 14-05-2021, 12:08 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b
Didn't say they can't be
Thought you said “don’t get upset” not “don’t get being upset”

Sorry, still raging.

Unread 14-05-2021, 12:11 PM
jem

Quote:
Provided we aren’t utterly insane in the final, it should be all’s well that ends well, but last night £#%&!ing sucked!
provided maguire plays and fred doesn't, then?

last night's game didn't matter. we were shit, as we have been regularly all season. let's just hope the final isn't one of those games and is a bit more like the first three minutes against leeds.

Unread 14-05-2021, 12:13 PM
utd99

Quote:
Because hoofing the ball up the pitch in the desperate hope that someone might win a second ball is a desperate waste of possession, and you usually need to have possession of the ball to score a goal. We really shouldn't need to start hoofing the ball up the pitch solely because of Fred.

And it's almost like our manager adapted to the issue during the game and took off Fred, which then allowed us to play out from the back without him £#%&!ing it up, and pull it back to 2-3 and get back into the game.

I'd be more concerned if we did start just lumping the ball up the pitch, because at that point you know that they have completely run out of ideas.

Now that I spent the time laying out the painfully obvious for you, would you care to explain how we've recovered 31 points from losing positions with a manager that can't adapt to the game being played?
If your point were valid you wouldn’t need to pretend that I’m advocating “hoofing”. Unless your position is that there are only two possible states of play, tiki-taka from our own dead ball line or whacking aimless balls up to John Fashanu. There’s no other way to bypass a press then? Honestly, the way people debate.

As far as our wins from behind are concerned, they’ve happened for a myriad of reasons. Quality of individuals and moments over 90 minutes. Attitude changes to chasing games. Fitness. And of course, unlike you, I don’t need to pretend Ole has never influenced a game in order to make a point, he has; through subs, team talks and formation tweaks. But there’s a difference between voicing scepticism about his tactical dogma and implying he’s utterly inept. Ididn’t say that, and you know it.

Too often we’ve seen him watching events unfold that are as clear as day are killing us, but seemingly having no in-game tactical solution to avert it. Was it not obvious to you that we needed to find a way to bypass Liverpool’s high press rather than keep trying to play through it? How many times are we going to get killed playing short balls into Fred in our own defensive third that he stops £#%&!ing doing it?

Unread 14-05-2021, 12:17 PM
Buck

Quote:
That’s what pisses me right off.

I’m 37. I’ve seen Liverpool win 4-2 and 4-1 at ours. One during a disastrous campaign for them and one when we won the league. They also won 3-0 under Moyes and even missed a penalty.

I’m my time watching, the biggest win we’ve had at Anfield has been 3-1. And we’ve been the country’s top dogs for most of that time. I have never seen us win comfortably at Anfield. Ever. Never won by three and never scored four, yet our arses fall out like last night every so often.

f*** off.
They always raised their game for us in those days when we were top dogs and they were miles away in squad quality. People say the same about us being miles behind City but in the head to head matches Ole's got Pep's number.

Unread 14-05-2021, 12:19 PM
Patty_b

Quote:
Thought you said “don’t get upset” not “don’t get being upset”

Sorry, still raging.
No worries

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
provided maguire plays and fred doesn't, then?

last night's game didn't matter. we were shit, as we have been regularly all season. let's just hope the final isn't one of those games and is a bit more like the first three minutes against leeds.
This.

Fred will probably play in the final though. And he'll probably still be playing next season. As will the vast majority of the current squad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
If your point were valid you wouldn’t need to pretend that I’m advocating “hoofing”. Unless your position is that there are only two possible states of play, tiki-taka from our own dead ball line or whacking aimless balls up to John Fashanu. There’s no other way to bypass a press then? Honestly, the way people debate.

As far as our wins from behind are concerned, they’ve happened for a myriad of reasons. Quality of individuals and moments over 90 minutes. Attitude changes to chasing games. Fitness. And of course, unlike you, I don’t need to pretend Ole has never influenced a game in order to make a point, he has; through subs, team talks and formation tweaks. But there’s a difference between voicing scepticism about his tactical dogma and implying utter ineptitude.

Too often we’ve seen him watching events unfold that are as clear as day are killing us and seemingly having no in-game tactical solution to avert them. Was it not obvious to you that we needed to find a way to bypass Liverpool’s high press rather than keep trying to play through it? How many times are we going to get killed playing short balls into Fred in our own defensive third that he stops £#%&!ing doing it?
So you were wrong then. That's fine, at least you got round to accepting it in the end.

And he did make a change, like I said, he brought Fred off, and then we weren't getting caught out by the press and we got back in to the game while still playing out from the back. So he did make a change during the game to sort the issue out. You're just unhappy that his changes weren't just launching it up the pitch like a Tony Pulis Special.

Unread 14-05-2021, 12:20 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck
They always raised their game for us in those days when we were top dogs and they were miles away in squad quality. People say the same about us being miles behind City but in the head to head matches Ole's got Pep's number.
Shame we're so wishy washy against the other teams in the top 10 this season. City the only team in the top 5 we've managed to beat.

The only side we've managed a league double over this season in the top 10 is West Ham.

We couldn't beat Leicester, Liverpool, Chelsea or Arsenal despite 3 of them having pretty £#%&!ing awful seasons for the most part.

Unread 14-05-2021, 12:23 PM
dunk

Unread 14-05-2021, 12:28 PM
jem

if klopp schemed to mark shaw out of the game, it wasn't very successful.

our problem, especially first half, was poor decision-making up front. we had loads of the ball and in promising positions.

Unread 14-05-2021, 12:32 PM
utd99

Quote:
So you were wrong then. That's fine, at least you got round to accepting it in the end.

And he did make a change, like I said, he brought Fred off, and then we weren't getting caught out by the press and we got back in to the game while still playing out from the back. So he did make a change during the game to sort the issue out. You're just unhappy that his changes weren't just launching it up the pitch like a Tony Pulis Special.
This is why proper debate is dead on here. People like you subtract way more from a proper forum than they add. It’s all juvenile posturing %@#$&!s.

Unread 14-05-2021, 12:34 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
if klopp schemed to mark shaw out of the game, it wasn't very successful.

our problem, especially first half, was poor decision-making up front. we had loads of the ball and in promising positions.
We couldn't get out of our half for long periods because they prevented Shaw from advancing.

Don't think we got out of our half from the start of the second half until after Fred was taken off, for instance.

Unread 14-05-2021, 12:34 PM
Dasilvatwins

We scored two goals and had another saved of our line. The problem wasn’t Scoring enough it was conceding stupid goals. All their last three goals were attributed to multiple mistakes in each scenario .

Pogba conceded a free kick then fails to mark his man. The third had Fred give the ball away only for us to win it back and give it away again only for our GK to gift them a rebound.

The 4th matic decides to run through 3 people whilst having no cover and Henderson stays rooted to the spot

Unread 14-05-2021, 12:40 PM
utd99

People obsessed with the 4th is madness. Salah was scoring that no matter what. Less understandable is our decision to play 92 passes with two minutes left rather than try to get the ball into the danger area.

Unread 14-05-2021, 12:42 PM
Patty_b

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
This is why proper debate is dead on here. People like you subtract way more from a proper forum than they add. It’s all juvenile posturing %@#$&!s.
Quote:
Because I’m open minded mate. You should try it.
Quote:
Maybe divert a little of the effort you put into having the last £#%&!ing word every thread.
Quote:
£#%&!ing clueless #@&%!.
Quote:
I have very little confidence that you’re qualified to judge opinions.
Quote:
Promise you won’t lose any top red points.
Yeah, you're a perfect example of mature adult discussion.

Unread 14-05-2021, 12:42 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
We scored two goals and had another saved of our line. The problem wasn’t Scoring enough it was conceding stupid goals. All their last three goals were attributed to multiple mistakes in each scenario .

Pogba conceded a free kick then fails to mark his man. The third had Fred give the ball away only for us to win it back and give it away again only for our GK to gift them a rebound.

The 4th matic decides to run through 3 people whilst having no cover and Henderson stays rooted to the spot
The problem was us being unable to get out or keep the ball and ending up under pressure and hence making the mistakes.

On the second, btw, I've not seen it mentioned anywhere, but Thiago fouled Bruno as he's taking the shot, snide little foot in from behind, Bruno stayed down, Pogba is remonstrating with the ref and commits the foul in frustration. Shite refereeing, childish from Pogba.

Unread 14-05-2021, 12:47 PM
utd99

Quote:
Yeah, you're a perfect example of mature adult discussion.
I attempted to answer your question straight up and in an honest way; more fool me. You responded in the most vacuously predictable way imaginable, so much so I could have written your idiotic reply virtually word for word. Proof positive you have absolutely nothing to contribute — you may as well give me your log in and take the week off.

Debate.

Unread 14-05-2021, 12:47 PM
TheNew

As others have said. Still fuming.

Not sure the players would have got away with that sort of lack of edge in a full OT. We just looked short of appetite as well as quality.

Every goal of theirs completely avoidable.

Henderson worried me last night. Might have been Keane afterwards saying he looked small. Genuinely think my fat arse would have made a better effort of saving the fourth. He just left a big space and waved it in.

Unread 14-05-2021, 12:54 PM
Ethers

Quote:
That’s what pisses me right off.

I’m 37. I’ve seen Liverpool win 4-2 and 4-1 at ours. One during a disastrous campaign for them and one when we won the league. They also won 3-0 under Moyes and even missed a penalty.

I’m my time watching, the biggest win we’ve had at Anfield has been 3-1. And we’ve been the country’s top dogs for most of that time. I have never seen us win comfortably at Anfield. Ever. Never won by three and never scored four, yet our arses fall out like last night every so often.

£#%&! off.
Jesus Christ, stop moaning you entitled little tit.

If you’re 37 you’re lucky enough to have lived through the most successful period in this clubs long history, and have had to endure very little hardship. Including plenty of fine results against the dippers.

Swear to god we have the most spoilt fan base on the planet. Same crew who cry about us ‘only’ having 3 European cups, despite there only being 6 clubs in the whole of Europe who have won more ffs.

Unread 14-05-2021, 12:56 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
We couldn't get out of our half for long periods because they prevented Shaw from advancing.

Don't think we got out of our half from the start of the second half until after Fred was taken off, for instance.
shaw and pogba both had the ball plenty in the liverpool half... as did rashford. it was decision-making that cost us. that and rashford's inability to run fast in the first half. liverpool didn't nullify any threat. we wasted a lot of promising moves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
On the second, btw, I've not seen it mentioned anywhere, but Thiago fouled Bruno as he's taking the shot, snide little foot in from behind, Bruno stayed down, Pogba is remonstrating with the ref and commits the foul in frustration. Shite refereeing, childish from Pogba.
it did look like a foul, but.. if the ref doesn't give it.. you don't wait til the other team get to the edge of your box before fouling petulantly (shouldn't do it at all, but city would have made sure the disruptive foul was in their half) and you don't fall asleep at the back when the free kick is delivered. pogba should not be allowed in our half and that was typical of what he does when he's there.

Unread 14-05-2021, 12:59 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Jesus Christ, stop moaning you entitled little tit.

If you’re 37 you’re lucky enough to have lived through the most successful period in this clubs long history, and have had to endure very little hardship. Including plenty of fine results against the dippers.

Swear to god we have the most spoilt fan base on the planet. Same crew who cry about us ‘only’ having 3 European cups, despite there only being 6 clubs in the whole of Europe who have won more ffs.

"I'm 37 and last night was the final straw"