United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread
 
Unread 24-08-2019, 04:34 PM
AK14
 
Default Pogba & McTominay

Just doesnít work does it?

Theyíre desperate for a proper holding midfielder to sit behind them and allow them to get forward.

Iíd honestly try Tuanzabe there.

Any decent midfielders available on a free transfer?
 
Unread 24-08-2019, 04:37 PM
armchair
 
Default

Pogba should play instead of Lingard and Garner should play deep alongside McT
 
Unread 24-08-2019, 04:37 PM
red in cumbria
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Just doesnít work does it?

Theyíre desperate for a proper holding midfielder to sit behind them and allow them to get forward.

Iíd honestly try Tuanzabe there.

Any decent midfielders available on a free transfer?
Yep, did well enough at Villa to suggest its at least worth a try.
 
Unread 24-08-2019, 04:39 PM
AK14
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
Pogba should play instead of Lingard and Garner should play deep alongside McT
Yeah £#%&! it Iíd be up for that.

Itís the one or the most worrying things for me that Ole thinks playing these two in a deep two will work. Both are much better further forward.
 
Unread 24-08-2019, 04:39 PM
S/Side.Red
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Just doesnít work does it?

Theyíre desperate for a proper holding midfielder to sit behind them and allow them to get forward.

Iíd honestly try Tuanzabe there.

Any decent midfielders available on a free transfer?
Cabaye. Marchisio. Rodwell.

Your call.
 
Unread 24-08-2019, 04:41 PM
Clownbones
 
Default

You sound surprised.

Midfield was always the issue going into the season and so it's proving to be.
 
Unread 24-08-2019, 04:42 PM
Switching Off
 
Default

It's definitely not working. Pogba needs more freedom. Might have to bring Matic back :/
 
Unread 24-08-2019, 04:44 PM
AK14
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownbones
You sound surprised.

Midfield was always the issue going into the season and so it's proving to be.
Iím surprised that Ole is playing them in a midfield two tbh.

Both are more attacking midfielders and we looks so unbalanced. Also youíd want your best attacking player as close to the oppositions goal as possible, Pogba is completely wasted playing so deep.
 
Unread 24-08-2019, 04:52 PM
Baron
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Cabaye. Marchisio. Rodwell.

Your call.
Iíd take Marchisio, donít expect him to run just actually play football. £50m Fred doesnít get in the squad ffs, heíll be given away. I canít believe Lingard gets minutes, let alone starts. Heís utter garbage at everything. Garner surely needs a start & for us to be playing 4-3-3... I canít believe professional football people donít see thatís the only way to get Pogba winning games for us.
 
Unread 24-08-2019, 04:54 PM
saayfooty
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Just doesnít work does it?

Theyíre desperate for a proper holding midfielder to sit behind them and allow them to get forward.

Iíd honestly try Tuanzabe there.

Any decent midfielders available on a free transfer?
For the sake of the system (and I know this is going to be an unpopular opinion but), Matic should play DM and then Pogba and someone can be CM's who can push forward. (This other person should have been Herrera but Ed £#%&!ed up there)

That way you get Pogba higher up the pitch and you have a sheild for the defence.
 
Unread 24-08-2019, 04:57 PM
Neo
 
Default

Ruben Neves is the answer.

Shows once again what an awful signing Matic was. Mourinho totally unable to identify a young holding midfielder, so just poaches an old plodder from his previous club, lumbering us with another overpaid, over-the-hill geriatric to warm the bench until his contract is up.
 
Unread 24-08-2019, 05:01 PM
dunk
 
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
Shows once again what an awful signing Matic was. Mourinho totally unable to identify a young holding midfielder, so just poaches an old plodder from his previous club, lumbering us with another overpaid, over-the-hill geriatric to warm the bench until his contract is up.
Yep.
 
Unread 24-08-2019, 05:03 PM
Clownbones
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron
Iíd take Marchisio, donít expect him to run just actually play football. £50m Fred doesnít get in the squad ffs, heíll be given away. I canít believe Lingard gets minutes, let alone starts. Heís utter garbage at everything. Garner surely needs a start & for us to be playing 4-3-3... I canít believe professional football people donít see thatís the only way to get Pogba winning games for us.
I forgot about Fred.

Seriously.
 
Unread 24-08-2019, 05:03 PM
AK14
 
Default

Yep, no way can we sign another midfielder while Matic is still at the club.
 
Unread 24-08-2019, 05:05 PM
Sparky***
 
Default

Pogba has the quality but tries when he feels like it

McTominay has no quality by tries hard.

Man Utd 2019
 
Unread 24-08-2019, 05:20 PM
Neo
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Yep, no way can we sign another midfielder while Matic is still at the club.
It's called having a transfer budget, you thick turbo-posting @#%&!.

Your boy spent a combined £90m on the donkey Matic and £#%&!ing Fred.

With our zionist owners there's hardly a blank cheque book on signings. If Mourinho bought well, United wouldn't have to still be signing centre backs and midfielders, whilst wasting all summer trying to dump Lukaku and Sanchez.
 
Unread 24-08-2019, 06:07 PM
Cream
 
Default

Play Pogba up front ffs. Enough.

Don't worry about shipping the odd goal. Just try and score 3 every game and we'll be ok.
 
Unread 24-08-2019, 06:18 PM
ZiggyStardust
 
Default

Think any midfielder would struggle with Pogba in a 2
Difficult to find balance

McTominay had a great preseason but has reverted to type this season
Very slow and sideways in his passing

Think Ole will really regret not signing a top class DM

Iíd honestly give McTominay with Pogba and Fred either side in 3 a chance
Then slowly introduce Gomes into that
 
Unread 24-08-2019, 06:27 PM
windy waffles
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
Ruben Neves is the answer.

Shows once again what an awful signing Matic was. Mourinho totally unable to identify a young holding midfielder, so just poaches an old plodder from his previous club, lumbering us with another overpaid, over-the-hill geriatric to warm the bench until his contract is up.
Yup.

Neves needs to be next in the door.

Still, if he has any ambition he would stay at Wolves...
 
Unread 24-08-2019, 06:31 PM
Clownbones
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
Yup.

Neves needs to be next in the door.

Still, if he has any ambition he would stay at Wolves...
We can better. Wolves cannot.

He'll leave soon enough, but it won't be to us.
Closed Thread
Thread Tools
Similar Threads for: Pogba & McTominay
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Fred or McTominay armchair Football 36 20-02-2023 06:02 PM
'He dominated more than Pogba' - Manchester United told how to get best out of Scott McTominay fred tissue Football Auto-Threads 0 07-06-2022 06:40 PM
McTominay & Fred AK14 Football 398 22-01-2022 08:05 PM
Scott McTominay AK14 Football 679 09-03-2020 09:33 AM
Midfield depth: Pogba, Matic, Fred, Herrera, McTominay saffers Football 50 06-06-2018 07:23 AM
All times are GMT. The time now is 06:27 AM.

Copyright ©2006 - 2023 utdforum.com. This site is in no way affiliated to Manchester United Football Club.