United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 24-01-2015, 12:38 AM
Szekely

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Rojo was fantastic. Gave a great performance after being questioned in commentary by Martin "beckenbauer" Keown if he would fancy it. Then he smashed one of their centre forwards and left him rolling about.

keown was and is dreadful. dumb as £#%&! but likes to pretend he isn't with his dull pomposity.

tbf, shearer completely showed him his arse re Falcao at half time.

Unread 24-01-2015, 12:39 AM
Franco Baresi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Hver
0-0
Thanks.

Unread 24-01-2015, 12:40 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
I don't think I've ever seen a player play so regularly at a big club, who is clearly so far below the level required. Lots of big teams have average players who get the odd game, but this @#%&! struggles against League 2 shite, yet plays virtually every game for us.

He is just unbearable to watch. For every 50 crosses, 49 of his will be utter shite.

There was a passage of play in the second half where he got the ball, and was so utterly petrified to even contemplate using his left foot, that he ran aimlessly in-field into a group of about 5 Cambridge players, before inevitably losing possession. Absolutely grotesque football served up by this #@&%! every week; full-back, wing-back or winger, it makes no difference - he's SHIT!
Couldn't agree more. He offers nothing. In this type of system you need a Robben, Bale or Ribery out there to inject that killer pace and penetration, without it you have just benign possession-based football with no cutting edge. He had zero defensive responsibilities tonight and had free reign to attack their full back at will. He still managed to look utterly average.

Unread 24-01-2015, 12:41 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Al
Getting back to the match I think tonight did rojo a load of good to get to grips with the english game

Shitty freezing windswept rainy ground with a team full of hairy arsed cloggers lobing balks at him all night and the lad handled it well

Top lad is rojo as Evans would have shit himself tonight

Utds best player by a long shot
imagining evans v elliot does make me appreciate that game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barracuda
The last few games have to be the most unthreatning UTD team I've seen in a long time, at least with the Moyes debacle there was box action with all the crosses going in.
this is the football equivalent of justifying the paris massacres. :shakehead:

Unread 24-01-2015, 12:45 AM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
Highlight of the match :shakehead:
Rojo'd the new Brown'd

As for Valencia I don't think that @#%&! would have the bottle to try to take on a traffic cone

Unread 24-01-2015, 01:02 AM
Ethers

Another clean sheet

Unread 24-01-2015, 01:07 AM
ZiggyStardust

LvG said in the post match presser that he was pleased with the 2nd half performance

Unread 24-01-2015, 01:11 AM
Alan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Couldn't agree more. He offers nothing. In this type of system you need a Robben, Bale or Ribery out there to inject that killer pace and penetration, without it you have just benign possession-based football with no cutting edge. He had zero defensive responsibilities tonight and had free reign to attack their full back at will. He still managed to look utterly average.
Or a Di Maria.

Oh.

Unread 24-01-2015, 01:13 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan
Or a Di Maria.

Oh.
He was £#%&!ing awful again for the most part.

Unread 24-01-2015, 01:14 AM
Camel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Another clean sheet

Unread 24-01-2015, 01:35 AM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Another clean sheet

Unread 24-01-2015, 01:39 AM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Szekely
keown was and is dreadful. dumb as £#%&! but likes to pretend he isn't with his dull pomposity.

tbf, shearer completely showed him his arse re Falcao at half time.
Hate that chimp faced @#%&!.

What did SOP say at half time? I turned over...

Unread 24-01-2015, 01:53 AM
Ian

United are rubbish.

Unread 24-01-2015, 02:38 AM
Der Kaiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Szekely
now with LVG I've looked for progress. A system and ideas being implemented. even if results were shit along the way.
Yep. All the talk of 3 or 4 at the back is absolutely pointless, it's the way we're going about the game that's depressing, the passing is slow, they all linger on the ball while the oppossition get set up to defend against our rigid, slow motion attack. The possession stats aren't showing how much we're controlling the game when viewed along side the chances we create, rather it's showing how we're being controlled with ease by the opponent. All they have to do is give us the ball and sit back, they know we can't do £#%&! all with it, except slowly pass it around in front of them, we're not pulling teams all over the field with one and two touch football, so they are defending it easily, and yet again we're reliant of moments of individuality to try and pull us through.

It doesn't make any sense when you compare it to the style of football we were looking to play in pre season, the pace of the passing and lack of movement is baffling, that's all got to be put down to the coaching imo. I wasn't expecting to win the title, but I thought he would have got us playing more of a fluid, fast paced passing game.

Unread 24-01-2015, 02:44 AM
RedMenace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Der Kaiser
Yep. All the talk of 3 or 4 at the back is absolutely pointless, it's the way we're going about the game that's depressing, the passing is slow, they all linger on the ball while the oppossition get set up to defend against our rigid, slow motion attack. The possession stats aren't showing how much we're controlling the game when viewed along side the chances we create, rather it's showing how we're being controlled with ease by the opponent. All they have to do is give us the ball and sit back, they know we can't do £#%&! all with it, except slowly pass it around in front of them, we're not pulling teams all over the field with one and two touch football, so they are defending it easily, and yet again we're reliant of moments of individuality to try and pull us through.

It doesn't make any sense when you compare it to the style of football we were looking to play in pre season, the pace of the passing and lack of movement is baffling, that's all got to be put down to the coaching imo. I wasn't expecting to win the title, but I thought he would have got us playing more of a fluid, fast paced passing game.
It could be put down to confidence or more specifically a fair amount of players without the confidence to play a risky forward pass rather than a safe sideways one. Now whether they don't have that confidence due to a lack of ability or just a lack of belief in themselves or in the tactics is another question. Either way, as people have said on here before LVG is more likely to bin the current players than bin his philosophy at this stage.

Unread 24-01-2015, 02:52 AM
Franco Baresi

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMenace
It could be put down to confidence or more specifically a fair amount of players without the confidence to play a risky forward pass rather than a safe sideways one. Now whether they don't have that confidence due to a lack of ability or just a lack of belief in themselves or in the tactics is another question. Either way, as people have said on here before LVG is more likely to bin the current players than bin his philosophy at this stage.
Or forced to not take any risks, I mean we couldn't possibly have any twitching for the coach.

Unread 24-01-2015, 03:26 AM
Nani

Didn't see the match, but great to see we're back to the Fergie levels of shitness like Exeter, Burton and, Crawley.

Would be fuming if I was on the cup scheme.

Unread 24-01-2015, 08:41 AM
Clarkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyescabo
Still cannot get over the level of shitness that game produced. Was absolute dire.

Replay means one thing: 40 quid coming out of season ticket holders accounts thanks to ACS

Should do the honourable thing and match the berts pricing tickets at 15 quid a pop with kids in for a pound
HA!!!!

As if United would do that

Unread 24-01-2015, 08:50 AM
TripDownMiseryLane

Thumbs up

FA Cup magic shit happens

Fair play to the minnows of CU Football Club. Who would begrudge them a replay and a share of the bloated corporate behemoths match receipts, that will probably be the equivalent of 3/4 years income.

Unread 24-01-2015, 09:30 AM
HERTS_RED

I really don't know why people were expecting any different, it was a full compliment of cliches, FA Cup minnows, cold night at a small ground, limited footballers playing the game of their lives (and cambridge players) etc etc..

It very rarely happens that a prem side goes away and smashes a lower league team