United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 15-09-2022, 04:43 PM
92ToBury

Default England squad announced

Well deserved call up for Toney. WTF have chubby and slab got to do to get dropped?

Goalkeepers: Nick Pope (Newcastle), Aaron Ramsdale (Arsenal), Dean Henderson (Nottingham Forest, on loan from Manchester United).

Defenders: Trent Alexander-Arnold (Liverpool), Ben Chilwell (Chelsea), Conor Coady (on loan at Everton from Wolves), Eric Dier (Tottenham), Marc Guehi (Crystal Palace), Reece James (Chelsea), Harry Maguire (Manchester United), Luke Shaw (Manchester United), John Stones (Manchester City), Fikayo Tomori (AC Milan), Kieran Trippier (Newcastle), Kyle Walker (Manchester City).

Midfielders: Jude Bellingham (Borussia Dortmund), Mason Mount (Chelsea), Kalvin Phillips (Manchester City), Declan Rice ( West Ham), James Ward-Prowse (Southampton).

Forwards: Tammy Abraham (Roma), Jarrod Bowen (West Ham), Phil Foden (Manchester City), Jack Grealish (Manchester City), Harry Kane (Tottenham), Bukayo Saka (Arsenal), Raheem Sterling (Chelsea), Ivan Toney (Brentford).

Unread 15-09-2022, 04:44 PM
NedKelly

A good opportunity for Maguire to get injured. Won’t happen because only our decent players get injured in internationals, but you never know.

Unread 15-09-2022, 04:50 PM
dunk

Utter £#%&!ing mess of a manager picking Shaw and Maguire. Mess.

Is #@&%!ford injured?

Unread 15-09-2022, 04:57 PM
Time For Heroes

Having as many defenders as midfielders and forwards in the squad tells you all you need to know about Southgate.

Unread 15-09-2022, 04:57 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time For Heroes
Having as many defenders as midfielders and forwards in the squad tells you all you need to know about Southgate.
Was just thinking that. Is that all the English midfielders?

Unread 15-09-2022, 05:14 PM
Jethro

Mount, Grealish and Shaw

Unread 15-09-2022, 06:34 PM
Dasilvatwins

Slabhead is poor but he plays good for England so you can let that slide. But shaw?! Both of them conceded a combined 6 goals in the first 1.5 games against Brighton and Brentford

Didn’t even pick Sancho who has been playing well over grealish, and mount

Normally I rather our players don’t get picked for pointless games but they need to match sharpness. Don’t want it two weeks between now and the next game against city

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time For Heroes
Out of the midfielders Phillips and rice are defensive midfielders

Unread 15-09-2022, 06:37 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
Slabhead is poor but he plays good for England so you can let that slide. But shaw?! Both of them conceded a combined 6 goals in the first 1.5 games against Brighton and Brentford

Didn’t even pick Sancho who has been playing well over grealish, and mount

Normally I rather our players don’t get picked for pointless games but they need to match sharpness. Don’t want it two weeks between now and the next game against city

Out of the midfielders Phillips and rice are defensive midfielders
He definitely has some kind of beef with Sancho. He was pretty good for England inthe Euros when he gave him a chance - opened the game up and England looked immediately more dangerous - but he dropped him the next game straight away.

He obviously has his favourites. I said it at the time that England got to that final in spite of Southgate, not because of him. They then lost the final because of his daft boring tactics and awful substitutions.

Unread 15-09-2022, 06:40 PM
dunk

He’s never rated Sancho imo. Barely played him when he was tearing it up in Germany either.

I reckon England bomb in the WC and he’s binned by Christmas. Dull as £#%&!, average bastard

Unread 15-09-2022, 06:41 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
He definitely has some kind of beef with Sancho. He was pretty good for England inthe Euros when he gave him a chance - opened the game up and England looked immediately more dangerous - but he dropped him the next game straight away.

He obviously has his favourites. I said it at the time that England got to that final in spite of Southgate, not because of him. They then lost the final because of his daft boring tactics and awful substitutions.
Probably why shaws place is cemented. Now I haven’t watched any of Chelsea , but I think it’s safe to assume seeing as their results have been shit and the manager has been sacked, the likes of mason mount can’t have been playing great.

Unread 15-09-2022, 06:42 PM
dunk

Not exactly b#@&%! with options at LB I suppose, he’s played Trippier there a the last few games. Chilwell only just back, probably desperate for Shaw to come good.

Unread 15-09-2022, 06:45 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
Probably why shaws place is cemented. Now I haven’t watched any of Chelsea , but I think it’s safe to assume seeing as their results have been shit and the manager has been sacked, the likes of mason mount can’t have been playing great.
Mason Mount has always struck me as a bit of a Ross Barkley tbh. Loads of hype but every time I’ve watched him he’s been shit.

Unread 15-09-2022, 06:45 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Not exactly b#@&%! with options at LB I suppose, he’s played Trippier there a the last few games. Chilwell only just back, probably desperate for Shaw to come good.
I’d say it’s a fair assessment if even at the very least shaw has been playing “ok”

He’s been shit. Ten hag has seen it early and binned him. I don’t think he even started against Socidad. Unless he’s injured? He can’t even get onto the subs bench. That’s all you need to know about him :

Unread 15-09-2022, 06:46 PM
dunk

Missed Sociedad with a knock tbf, was supposed to play.

Unread 15-09-2022, 07:48 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Mason Mount has always struck me as a bit of a Ross Barkley tbh. Loads of hype but every time I’ve watched him he’s been shit.
Same, standard overhyped English player. Think he had a couple of decent goals when lampard was manager but since then I can’t think of anything remotely he has done that’s stayed in memory

Unread 15-09-2022, 09:28 PM
Selhurst Samurai

Quote:
My thoughts too.

Gareth “I pick players on form” continuing to pick this little Disney Channel looking gimp despite having done £#%&! ALL for months.
Closed Thread