United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 09-09-2022, 06:47 PM
ragnorak

It was so sad when he was in behind, for a split second I was 'Go on son' and then reality bit and he looked like he was running in treacle. Hopefully it is the lack of preseason as he cannot be up to speed without it, look at how we have seen much younger players suffering at starting after the season has started.
ETH is surely starting to get a very clear idea of who he can rely on and what they are capapble of. in the game against arsenal varane passed back to de gea but he snapped it back out into play and it was just another pass in the sequence, maguire passed back to de gea yesterday when there was noone open for de gea so he had to slow it and i just thought 'why isnt maguire in a greek jail?'

Unread 09-09-2022, 07:53 PM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragnorak
It was so sad when he was in behind, for a split second I was 'Go on son' and then reality bit and I realised that he was actually 37 years of age and it was slightly ludicrous to refer to him, even only in my own head, as ‘son’. He looked like he was running in treacle. Hopefully it is the lack of preseason as he cannot be up to speed without it, look at how we have seen much younger players suffering at starting after the season has started.
ETH is surely starting to get a very clear idea of who he can rely on and what they are capapble of. in the game against arsenal varane passed back to de gea but he snapped it back out into play and it was just another pass in the sequence, maguire passed back to de gea yesterday when there was noone open for de gea so he had to slow it and i just thought 'why isnt maguire in a greek jail?'
Amended.

Unread 09-09-2022, 08:14 PM
Bunker Buster

This 'in begind' and 'through on goal' is a little harsh on him......

He did everything right but he thought there was only one defender, reverse chop and was about to pull the trigger when the other defender mopped up ....

Needs a goal and needs some match fitness....

Could be important for us this season...

Unread 09-09-2022, 08:17 PM
Sapien

I agree. Being written off too soon imo.

Unread 09-09-2022, 08:29 PM
Neo

Football

Imagine doubting Cristiano Ronaldo, ffs.

He's not just the greatest player in history, but probably the most intelligent and meticulously prepared. He'll be the first person to know when He's no longer at the required standard for the top level He's playing at.

This has happened many times before with Him. In fact, I'd say for the majority of the last 5 seasons there have been significant blocks in each season where He's looked 'off', but its all part of His self-management and ability to time His peak for the business moments.

He's simply off the pace slightly due to a messy pre-season, and now adapting to a new style of play from a new manager. He's also the most physically fit player in history, still walking around with less than 10% body-fat, not a mid-30s Puskas with a gargantuan beer gut.

I still make The King odds-on to be our top scorer this season. He'll bag plenty, and will hit His stride when the time comes. Can also see Him snatching a few priceless winners off the bench. His story still has some exciting chapters left, and only an idiot would be writing Him off after one Europa League game, ffs.

Unread 09-09-2022, 08:47 PM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
This 'in begind' and 'through on goal' is a little harsh on him......

He did everything right but he thought there was only one defender, reverse chop and was about to pull the trigger when the other defender mopped up ....

Needs a goal and needs some match fitness....

Could be important for us this season...
This. It's not like he was constantly beating off-side traps last season to score the goals he got. Lack of match sharpness and overthinking instead of acting on instinct. He'll be fine.

Could do with not getting caught offside all the £#%&!ing time though.

Unread 10-09-2022, 08:00 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Ffs
JS/avatar, ffs

Unread 10-09-2022, 09:33 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
Imagine doubting Cristiano Ronaldo, ffs.
Kind of easy to say though. Does that statement ring true at 38, 39, 40?

Obviously his time will come if this isn’t it right now.

Unread 10-09-2022, 08:11 PM
Ethers

Oh £#%&!ing hell. He’s finished isn’t he?

Unread 10-09-2022, 08:21 PM
Finport Red

Quote:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CiVclrcr...d=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
Indeed. Those tongues should be tucked in under his jeans, shouldn’t they? He isn’t 12 years old, despite behaving like he is every time something doesn’t go right on the pitch.

Unread 11-09-2022, 01:31 PM
Sparky***

Quote:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CiVclrcr...d=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
What's the problem?

Unread 11-09-2022, 01:54 PM
ErikvanHaaksbergen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
Kind of easy to say though. Does that statement ring true at 38, 39, 40?

Obviously his time will come if this isn’t it right now.
He'll be lying in State and there'll be some saying he can still do a job leading the line (will be about as mobile as he is now TBF)

Unread 11-09-2022, 03:11 PM
armchair

He's made his bed.
Closed Thread