Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 07-09-2022, 10:20 AM
Zorg

Unread 07-09-2022, 10:21 AM
Big Norm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
Good job they didn't base their entire summer transfer spend on players Tuchel wanted....oh wait a second

Was thinking exactly that. Madness really.

Unread 07-09-2022, 10:21 AM
Mr_Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloppy
He's spent 250 million
I don’t think ‘he’ did… maybe that was the problem

Unread 07-09-2022, 10:25 AM
ZiggyStardust

This post from Kounde is even funnier now

Unread 07-09-2022, 10:26 AM
HolyMackrelDoodleBonkon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
Chelsea are on the skids NQAT
They'll still win something.

Unread 07-09-2022, 10:30 AM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloppy
He's spent 250 million
This, either it’s a sacking that’s been in the pipeline for a few weeks in which case don’t spend 250 million on players that a new manager won’t want.

Or it’s based on just 6 premier league games which is crazy

Or if the plan was to get a new man all along then why wait the whole window and sack him right after

Unread 07-09-2022, 10:35 AM
Whip Hubley

Talking

There's no way the players brought in were his I don't think. Tuchel might be a bit of a dick but he's a pretty good manager, and like a desperate lad at kicking out time they were going after anything with a pulse. Boehly clearly wanted 'statement' signings (hence sterling).

Hilarious stuff.

Unread 07-09-2022, 10:36 AM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
There's no way the players brought in were his I don't think. Tuchel might be a bit of a dick but he's a pretty good manager, and like a desperate lad at kicking out time they were going after anything with a pulse. Boehly clearly wanted 'statement' signings (hence sterling).

Hilarious stuff.
So basically what happens when American owners try taking an interest in a sport they know very little about.

Unread 07-09-2022, 10:37 AM
sweetleftfoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
Or it’s based on just 6 premier league games which is crazy
1 pt ahead of Klopp

Was Abramovics man wasn't he. Was always going to be a culture shock when the Americans came in.

Unread 07-09-2022, 10:38 AM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
Good job they didn't base their entire summer transfer spend on players Tuchel wanted....oh wait a second

Did they? Not saying they didn't, but new owner coming in and a lot of transfers in and out. Alonso out and that shite lad from Brighton in for stupid money. Lukaku and Werner out, but then only Aubameyang in. They made some decent signings in defence on paper. But buyer beware of centre backs from Leicester.

His head didn't look in it from the start, Mourinho third season vibes. Wouldn't be surprised if the new owner has taken the lead with transfers and he couldn't be arsed anymore.

Unread 07-09-2022, 10:41 AM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
I don’t think ‘he’ did… maybe that was the problem
True, but if this was the case why wait now to sack him? As new owners just bin him and then give the new man you want the 250 million

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetleftfoot
1 pt ahead of Klopp

Was Abramovics man wasn't he. Was always going to be a culture shock when the Americans came in.
If they’re basing on the start to the season it’s silly. But I doubt it, most likely some issues behind the scenes and he has had enough. He has begun to half arse it , fight with the owners etc and they’ve gone for a new man as they don’t think they can continue working .

Unread 07-09-2022, 10:58 AM
Wayne Jenkins

What the hell

They've looked very dysfunctional, and I've seen Chelsea fans bemoaning the lack of chances they create, but sacking a manager one week after the transfer window (and a £250m splurge).

Must have pissed off a lot of the forwards with his defensive approach, making them play as wing-backs etc.

Unread 07-09-2022, 11:01 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne Jenkins
What the hell

They've looked very dysfunctional, and I've seen Chelsea fans bemoaning the lack of chances they create, but sacking a manager one week after the transfer window (and a £250m splurge).

Must have pissed off a lot of the forwards with his defensive approach, making them play as wing-backs etc.
I reckon more has gone on there than meets the eye. I don’t think this happens under Abramovich. He’s not the new owners guy and you’ve got to wonder how much of this spraying money around was his idea.

Their results haven’t been THAT bad and they won their last league game. They’ve got more points than Liverpool.

Unread 07-09-2022, 11:01 AM
ZiggyStardust

Thumbs up

As funny as this is I think we have to give Tommy Tuchel his due

Accomplished the most important thing during his time in charge which is denying City getting their grubby oil stained hands on old big ears

Unread 07-09-2022, 11:09 AM
TripDownMiseryLane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
So basically what happens when American owners try taking an interest in a sport they know very little about.
Totally this, they really haven't a clue. Watched a docu on American football a few years back and they think Football is the same game and it's nothing like it, but they think it is.

Unread 07-09-2022, 11:11 AM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripDownMiseryLane
Totally this, they really haven't a clue. Watched a docu on American football a few years back and they think Football is the same game and it's nothing like it, but they think it is.
In American sports, you generally can throw money at the best and they will. perform. If not there’s no big loss. There’s no relegation or loss of sponsorship money so they can just go again the next year.

Not quite the same in football.

Unread 07-09-2022, 11:13 AM
ZiggyStardust

Unread 07-09-2022, 12:01 PM
NedKelly

£#%&! me I didn’t realise he’d actually gone I thought we were all just speculating. Wonder if Ralf would drop Austria to help inspire them like he did us last season.
Closed Thread