Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 24-02-2011, 10:01 PM
elhombre

Default Re: MUFC = Liverpool circa 1984

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Julian
And I dont mean that as a compliment

The unthinkable has happened . Utd have become boring. Grinding out results thru possession football.

Its honestly like watching liverpool in the early to mid 80's .

Honestly I can't stand to watch another borefest like last night . Sure theres the odd avalanche of goals but on the whole tedium.

This is not the Utd I love .
never mind the mindless shit he's churning out...

he's called £#%&!ing julian....

Unread 24-02-2011, 10:03 PM
mazza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
5 wins 2 draws and 1 goal conceded so far (forgot that brilliant 0-0 game we kicked off with)

oshea to schmaling to vidic to vds to vidiv to vds to vidic to schmaling to oshea...
Painfully boring to watch at times mate. But as I have been saying for while, the team is in good shape. If we can sort out the midfield in the summer and we will be back to our flamboyant best. NQAT

Unread 24-02-2011, 10:11 PM
hopkins

make it 1981, and richard kurt makes the same point at the end of this article
http://www.utdforum.com/forum/showpo...1&postcount=21

Unread 24-02-2011, 10:35 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazza
Painfully boring to watch at times mate. But as I have been saying for while, the team is in good shape. If we can sort out the midfield in the summer and we will be back to our flamboyant best. NQAT
bored to £#%&! of it and have been for a season or two now. slow slow quick quick slow is fine, 4-5-1 stifling tactics and hit on the break is fine too, and even hoofing the £#%&!ing thing over the top is fine. but when these are the dominant features of united's football then something is very wrong with the tactics. last season was a failure precisely because ferguson wasn't prepared to change it even when rooney had to be wheeled out onto the pitch. at least last night he did eventually change it.

problem is that however dull it is it might not stop united winning the competition.
Closed Thread