United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 23-06-2019, 10:57 AM
Vedder

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Initially I was against it tbh, but the longer the window goes on and the real possibility of having the same attacking options as last season makes me think we should do it.

Maybe he’ll be the type of maverick arse hole we need on and off the pitch?

I don’t understand why we haven’t tied up another couple of deals and let a couple of players go tbh. Darmian and Rojo should be out the door by now and if we know the price of AWB and he’s the one Ole wants just pay the money and move on.

It’s not looking good though tbh and at the moment the worry that Woodward and co will sabotage Ole’s first window just like they did with last summers window is looking more of a reality with each passing day.

I read somewhere that Matt Judge is the man negotiating and will only do one transfer at a time? I’m not ITK when it comes to football transfers but surely that isn’t the way clubs like Madrid, Barca and Juve do things?
Of course it isn’t. Nobody at this football club has any £#%&!ing idea what they’re doing. It’s a £#%&!ing circus

Unread 23-06-2019, 01:36 PM
Coracao

Bit concerning that we were in absolute freefall at the end of the season and nothing has been done to improve that. Whether it be top players in, or binning off some of the players who have thrown managers under the bus. We live in hope...

Can see next season being a disaster if something drastic doesn't happen in the next 6 weeks or so.

Unread 23-06-2019, 01:50 PM
BarryX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
Bit concerning that we were in absolute freefall at the end of the season and nothing has been done to improve that. Whether it be top players in, or binning off some of the players who have thrown managers under the bus. We live in hope...

Can see next season being a disaster if something drastic doesn't happen in the next 6 weeks or so.
But we're the second most valuable brand in world football and don't you forget it!

Edit: £#%&! me, Woodward looks a bit like Goldbridge from that angle. I wonder if they're related? What if Mark G was Ed's illegitimate son

Unread 23-06-2019, 02:04 PM
The Stella Fella

Quote:
Initially I was against it tbh, but the longer the window goes on and the real possibility of having the same attacking options as last season makes me think we should do it.

Maybe he’ll be the type of maverick arse hole we need on and off the pitch?

I don’t understand why we haven’t tied up another couple of deals and let a couple of players go tbh. Darmian and Rojo should be out the door by now and if we know the price of AWB and he’s the one Ole wants just pay the money and move on.

It’s not looking good though tbh and at the moment the worry that Woodward and co will sabotage Ole’s first window just like they did with last summers window is looking more of a reality with each passing day.

I read somewhere that Matt Judge is the man negotiating and will only do one transfer at a time? I’m not ITK when it comes to football transfers but surely that isn’t the way clubs like Madrid, Barca and Juve do things?
Don’t judge judge pal

Unread 23-06-2019, 02:21 PM
TripDownMiseryLane

Quote:
Originally Posted by browser
Hearing Icardi is being offered as part of the Lukaku deal because inter don't have cash.

I'd take it. I know he's a @#%&! but he's a better finisher than anyone we have at the club. Be nice to have one of those again. A million times the player Lukaku is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Or_HG_8pdh0
Be a nice change to have a @#%&! who can actually play as opposed to just @#%&!s.
Next season will be another milestone in the long march to oblivion unless there is a radical shake up, which is already too late, too late.......

Unread 23-06-2019, 02:29 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripDownMiseryLane
Be a nice change to have a @#%&! who can actually play as opposed to just @#%&!s.
Next season will be another milestone in the long march to oblivion unless there is a radical shake up, which is already too late, too late.......
There was never going to be any "massive shake up" as numerous journos and fans were alluding to.

For there to be any kind of huge changes that would require some sort of ambition and clarity of vision as to where we're headed. In 15 years the Glazers have never shown any of that. As soon as Fergie and Gill £#%&!ed off and the glazers were left to try and shape the future we were always on to a loser.

There's not gonna be any "change of philosophy" no director of football, no mythical "300 million spending spree to rebuild". There will be none of that. We'll have exactly what we've had for the last 6 years which is a massively disappointing average football team that makes a lot of commercial money. And they are more than happy with that..

Unread 23-06-2019, 02:50 PM
Clownbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
There was never going to be any "massive shake up" as numerous journos and fans were alluding to.

For there to be any kind of huge changes that would require some sort of ambition and clarity of vision as to where we're headed. In 15 years the Glazers have never shown any of that. As soon as Fergie and Gill £#%&!ed off and the glazers were left to try and shape the future we were always on to a loser.

There's not gonna be any "change of philosophy" no director of football, no mythical "300 million spending spree to rebuild". There will be none of that. We'll have exactly what we've had for the last 6 years which is a massively disappointing average football team that makes a lot of commercial money. And they are more than happy with that..
This.

We need a change of owner and restructure or any manager, regardless of their intentions, will be largely pissing in the wind.

I believe Ole wants to do things 'the right way'. I like that we seem to be targeting young, hungry players over the Bales and Sanchezs of this world, but there has to be a burning ambition from the hierachy and he needs support (then there's the subject of ole actually being good enough himself, but that's another discussion altogether) and we don't have that.

Compete for top four, keep the money rolling in.

We're basically Arsenal now.

We'll have our moments next year, I'm sure. Some false starts and isolated moments and spells, but we won't be competing at the top or overhauling anything while the glazers still own the club.

Unread 23-06-2019, 03:29 PM
elhombre

Quote:

This

I’ve said it before - as have many others

It’s just all so £#%&!ing tedious

Unread 23-06-2019, 03:33 PM
TripDownMiseryLane

Quote:

Sadly, I think you're right on the money. We literally have had our day, t'was good while it lasted, but those days are long gone. It's expecially sad/maddening when you consider all the missed opportunities to become a member owed club that were never acted on down the years

I also still blame fregal for throwing his lot in with the glazers when a few words from him could have sunk their catastrophically shit bid. I wonder how much he was rewarded / paid.....

The modern game is absolutely £#%&! in every aspect anyway so I'll be trying to detox this year

Unread 23-06-2019, 05:04 PM
Spock

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripDownMiseryLane
Sadly, I think you're right on the money. We literally have had our day, t'was good while it lasted, but those days are long gone. It's expecially sad/maddening when you consider all the missed opportunities to become a member owed club that were never acted on down the years

I also still blame fregal for throwing his lot in with the glazers when a few words from him could have sunk their catastrophically shit bid. I wonder how much he was rewarded / paid.....

The modern game is absolutely £#%&! in every aspect anyway so I'll be trying to detox this year
do you honestly thing Fergie gives a £#%&! about anything other than himself he proved that time and again with the "great owners" and the Rock of Gibraltar stuff

Greatest manager we will ever have but dont try and suggest he was a Busby

I dont blame him, he was a manager not a fanboy

Unread 23-06-2019, 06:05 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spock
do you honestly thing Fergie gives a £#%&! about anything other than himself he proved that time and again with the "great owners" and the Rock of Gibraltar stuff

Greatest manager we will ever have but dont try and suggest he was a Busby

I dont blame him, he was a manager not a fanboy
Still blame him more for who he chose as successor tbh.

He arguably had little choice but to knuckle under to the gimps (however nice it might be to think otherwise) but that one was all on him.

Unread 02-07-2019, 03:56 PM
browser

Dani Olmo incoming?

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.t...dani-olmo/amp/

Sounds crap

Unread 02-07-2019, 04:16 PM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by browser
Dani Olmo incoming?

Sounds crap
he's not.

Unread 02-07-2019, 04:17 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
he's not.
Oh.

Must be good then.

Unread 02-07-2019, 04:31 PM
browser

Cool

Looking forward to the inevitable seethe when we don’t sign him, despite absolutely nobody having a clue who he is

Unread 02-07-2019, 04:43 PM
AK14

Came through at Barca

Was supposed to be good in the under 21’s recently

Get it done.

Unread 03-07-2019, 03:42 PM
bazrah99

City have signed Rodri for 70m Euro. Would love us to get a midfielder in.

Unread 03-07-2019, 03:52 PM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by bazrah99
City have signed Rodri for 70m Euro. Would love us to get a midfielder in.

Unread 03-07-2019, 06:11 PM
AK14

Apparently City also signing Nathan Ake

Would be a cheaper option than 90m on Maguire that’s for sure.

Unread 03-07-2019, 06:37 PM
Vedder

Quote:
Apparently City also signing Nathan Ake

Would be a cheaper option than 90m on Maguire that’s for sure.
Only a matter of time before they do the quadruple football is £#%&!ing dead
Closed Thread