United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
View Poll Results: Give him a third series, you shits?
Yes 83 79.05%
Nah, but thanks 13 12.38%
Need to sleep on it as I'm too emotive rn 9 8.57%
Voters: 105. You may not vote on this poll

Unread 25-05-2024, 11:32 PM
est.1878

Exclamation ETH - another year?

24 hours is a long time in football. Ptf.

Unread 25-05-2024, 11:36 PM
suedeshoes

ETH - Another thread?

Unread 25-05-2024, 11:41 PM
est.1878

Quote:
Originally Posted by suedeshoes View Post
ETH - Another thread?
Blessed are the thread makers

Unread 25-05-2024, 11:53 PM
jem

good result, but you cannot be serious.

Unread 26-05-2024, 01:05 AM
Neo

Lightbulb

Deserves to stay, but sadly INEOS are obviously binning him in favour of Tuchel or Pochettino.

Those who forget history are doomed to repeat it.

Unread 26-05-2024, 02:15 AM
magic_cantona

It's late, what a day..... might go back to being an inner after seeing the wholseomeness of this team. Still some huuuge questions though. I'll sleep on it.

Unread 26-05-2024, 04:23 AM
westcoastvan

I'm kind of good either way at this point.

I suspect if they sack him, we'll here a lot about his tactics & overtraining leading to injuries as part of the rationale.

Part of me wants him to stay, but if he's smashing up the million dollar merchandise, than it's not worth the risk.

As long as they don't hire a manager that takes the club backwards I'm good.

Unread 26-05-2024, 08:06 AM
silv

hell of a way to go out

Unread 26-05-2024, 08:09 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by est.1878 View Post
24 hours is a long time in football. Ptf.
Not for ‘inners’

Unread 26-05-2024, 08:09 AM
Bunker Buster

Sign the contract Erik

Unread 26-05-2024, 08:36 AM
silv

i hear he was wearing a suit with no socks and trainers

Unread 26-05-2024, 08:39 AM
larry

i hear he's won us 2 trophies in 2 years
new long term contract for me, get it signed

Unread 26-05-2024, 09:07 AM
Zorg

You can’t sack a manager who gets to three major finals in his first two seasons, winning two of them, with officially the longest injury list of anyone.

£#%&! Tuchel and £#%&! Pochettino. £#%&! off.

Unread 26-05-2024, 09:43 AM
AK14

It would be a huge mistake to sack him imo.

It’s clear the players that matter still respect him and want to play for him (Bruno, Martinez, Garnacho, Mainoo, Hoijland) and you build the team around those players.

Two academy players scoring in a cup final win and one of them winning MotM… he’s everything a United coach should be, gives youth the chance to succeed here.

He needs to be backed, needs the right structure above him.

Unread 26-05-2024, 10:01 AM
believe

Not for today I’m still hanging and can’t get GGMU out of my head bit yesterday us the exact reason he should be sacked.

Unread 26-05-2024, 10:05 AM
atticusgrinch

Erm no. Yesterday was nice, and i don't hate him, but we've been £#%&!ing abject all season, and the back end of last season. We've finished 8th in the league, and were turfed out of the CL in the most humiliating fashion possible.

Yes we've had a lot of injuries but so what? It's how he dealt with those injuries which sealed his fate.

He's toast. And rightly so.

Unread 26-05-2024, 10:12 AM
My Name is Heath

Slept on it.

Another year.

He has handled some things terribly - CR7 and DDG - but has been dealt some tough hands too.

Thes clearly some bad eggs in the squad - they need to be dealt with.

I’ll tell you who is a good egg.

Maguire
Martinez
Young lads

Need to buy 3/4 top, top players and get every decision right.

Possibly take this out of ETH hands. Antony was a catastrophe that can’t be repeated.

Unread 26-05-2024, 10:19 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Heath View Post
I’ll tell you who is a good egg.

Maguire.
Grown on me hugely this season. He’s had his PR own goals and obviously been hugely hot and cold but he just feels like a “red” to me now. Wouldn’t even sell him.

My position on the manager hasn’t changed but out of respect for yesterday’s high imma refrain from voting.

Unread 26-05-2024, 10:30 AM
My Name is Heath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
Grown on me hugely this season. He’s had his PR own goals and obviously been hugely hot and cold but he just feels like a “red” to me now. Wouldn’t even sell him.

My position on the manager hasn’t changed but out of respect for yesterday’s high imma refrain from voting.
What swung it for me was the way OGS spoke about him on the Overlap.

He’s no Vidic/Stam but he’s an ideal back up CB and vital in a season of matches.

Unread 26-05-2024, 10:38 AM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch View Post
Erm no. Yesterday was nice, and i don't hate him, but we've been £#%&!ing abject all season, and the back end of last season. We've finished 8th in the league, and were turfed out of the CL in the most humiliating fashion possible.

Yes we've had a lot of injuries but so what? It's how he dealt with those injuries which sealed his fate.

He's toast. And rightly so.
‘Yesterday was nice’ is a slight understatement pal. It was £#%&!ing incredible. and will go down as one of the most memorable fa cup wins in our history.

There’s so many issues to have a go at him over and also many mitigating issues to counter that with but you can’t argue with three finals in two seasons and two cups. One which saw us beat both our main domestic rivals.

It’s not keys to the city tackle but it’s defo another season imo.

Erik in.