United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > News, Current Affairs & Politics

Unread 09-01-2019, 09:12 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harri Jaffa View Post
Love a bit of guacamole

Anyhoo. There are figures showing that more people are in need of help than ever in the last 10 years, and it's getting worse. So we can complain about how this information is presented and by whom if we want, but that's what the powers would be would love us to do...
As Keith said though what was labours excuse for not even bothering ?

Isn't this their very core message....

Or was this purely for the few, not the many....

Unread 09-01-2019, 10:45 AM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands of Scone View Post
They arenít measuring poverty though they are measuring inequality.

If you doubled everyones income today the amount of people in Ďrelative povertyí would stay exactly the same. Similarly giving those in poverty no extra cash but sacking the top earners would alleviate this poverty. Itís nonsense whichever way you cut it.

I agree about labour though. They love this type of bollocks and even they canít be arsed. Our elected representative are arseholes in the main.

It helps no one to redefine poverty this way. Concentrate on people in actual poverty and maintain credibility.
Point of order:

Taking into account a commensurate increase in inflation, the povs' buying power would remain relatively low.

Unread 09-01-2019, 05:50 PM
red in cumbria

We can moan about our MPs for lots of well founded reasons, but ultimately they shouldn't be threatened by neo-Nazi thugs just for doing their job.

Unread 09-01-2019, 06:01 PM
Hands of Scone

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria View Post
We can moan about our MPs for lots of well founded reasons, but ultimately they shouldn't be threatened by neo-Nazi thugs just for doing their job.
Did you just condemn people calling politicians nazis by calling them nazis?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream View Post
Point of order:

Taking into account a commensurate increase in inflation, the povs' buying power would remain relatively low.
There is no commensurate rise in inflation in the scenario. Itís simply to demonstrate the poverty (aha ha ha) of the concept.

Unread 09-01-2019, 06:54 PM
no fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria View Post
Not keen on neo nazis, but very keen on certain MPs being threatened

Unread 09-01-2019, 07:30 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands of Scone
Did you just condemn people calling politicians nazis by calling them nazis?

There is no commensurate rise in inflation in the scenario. Itís simply to demonstrate the poverty (aha ha ha) of the concept.
Yeah but there would be, you fucking idiot.

Unread 09-01-2019, 08:09 PM
Hands of Scone

Quote:
Yeah but there would be, you fucking idiot.
What do you mean Ďthere would beí? Itís never going to happen. And itís my scenario so I say itís not. In fact, thereís deflation. You should try some deflation you stupid fat pig.

Get your own scenario.

Unread 09-01-2019, 09:30 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands of Scone
What do you mean Ďthere would beí? Itís never going to happen. And itís my scenario so I say itís not. In fact, thereís deflation. You should try some deflation you stupid fat pig.

Get your own scenario.
Listen, shit for brains. It's either the way it is or the way it could be. You're describing the way it couldn't be.

I see what you're trying to say, if that helps.

Unread 09-01-2019, 09:43 PM
Hands of Scone

Quote:
Listen, shit for brains. It's either the way it is or the way it could be. You're describing the way it couldn't be.

I see what you're trying to say, if that helps.
Everyoneís wage being doubled at a stroke isnít meant to be a real world scenario. So, no, it couldnít be. Inflation or not.

Has Harri got your log in?

Unread 09-01-2019, 09:58 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands of Scone View Post
Everyoneís wage being doubled at a stroke isnít meant to be a real world scenario. So, no, it couldnít be. Inflation or not.

Has Harri got your log in?
The point, you fucking retard, is that when we talk about relative poverty. we're talking about BUYING POWER.

This is inextricably linked to inflation.

Your scenario removes inflation from the picture. So not only is it outlandish, as you freely admit, it is in fact utterly invalid.

We can't even accept it warts and all. It is the reasoning of a fucking child.

CUNT.