United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > News, Current Affairs & Politics

Unread 03-01-2019, 06:12 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv
What about Mongolia?
Well they beat even us in the "once had a vast empire and lost it" stakes.

Unread 03-01-2019, 07:34 PM
My Name is Heath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands of Scone
Bitter ex colony. Ireland is the international equivalent of Manchester City. Absolutely defined by the hatred of Britain. You’d still be a nation of feuding bog-dwelling tribes if it wasnt for the civilising influence of blighty... oh, hang on...

Absolute fucking cuck.

What a lack of grasp of history and mankind must you have to think Britain somehow uniquely culpable in this regard.
Eh?

What bit of that was so wrong?

We had a good run but that success has led to our downfall.

If you think I’m wrong go and walk around Oldham and tell me how good the U.K. is.

We were the best colonialists for sure - the Spanish, French, Belgians were much worse for the locals.

My historical knowledge is fine thank you. If nothing else, my knowledge of southern African history is extensive and all the tribes were as bad as each other. The Brits vs Afrikaners v Zulus and so on. I have no illusions but damn right we were no worse than anyone else - just more efficient.

Unread 03-01-2019, 07:44 PM
Hands of Scone

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Heath
Eh?

What bit of that was so wrong?

We had a good run but that success has led to our downfall.

If you think I’m wrong go and walk around Oldham and tell me how good the U.K. is.

We were the best colonialists for sure - the Spanish, French, Belgians were much worse for the locals.

My historical knowledge is fine thank you. If nothing else, my knowledge of southern African history is extensive and all the tribes were as bad as each other. The Brits vs Afrikaners v Zulus and so on. I have no illusions but damn right we were no worse than anyone else - just more efficient.
Well then. I see. Carry on.

The british have given the world plenty. The disavowel of our traditional values will hasten our downfall that’s for sho’.

Unread 03-01-2019, 07:51 PM
My Name is Heath

Quote:
Well then. I see. Carry on.

The british have given the world plenty. The disavowel of our traditional values will hasten our downfall that’s for sho’.
Yes - but we have disavowed them for ourselves :-(

The fantastic British values - which I genuinely love and admire - are in short supply nowadays, in my world anyway :-(

Unread 03-01-2019, 09:19 PM
Hands of Scone

Quote:
Yes - but we have disavowed them for ourselves :-(

The fantastic British values - which I genuinely love and admire - are in short supply nowadays, in my world anyway :-(
The permissive society innit. The selfish 60s cunts put us on the wrong road. So keen on tearing down the old order they failed to realise they had nothing to replace it with. Conceited cunts.

Unread 03-01-2019, 09:27 PM
My Name is Heath

Quote:
The permissive society innit. The selfish 60s cunts put us on the wrong road. So keen on tearing down the old order they failed to realise they had nothing to replace it with. Conceited cunts.
Yup.

Institutions and standards which had made us world beaters were thrown away in the relative blink of an eye.

Many reasons but the result is a moral vacuum and cowardice that is hurting us.

I’ve been places where people still think the Brits are stiff upper lip, hard cases and fighters.

I then return to Middleton and Failsworth and see things not quite tallying to this.

Interesting times indeed

Unread 03-01-2019, 09:37 PM
Hands of Scone

Quote:
Yup.

Institutions and standards which had made us world beaters were thrown away in the relative blink of an eye.

Many reasons but the result is a moral vacuum and cowardice that is hurting us.

I’ve been places where people still think the Brits are stiff upper lip, hard cases and fighters.

I then return to Middleton and Failsworth and see things not quite tallying to this.

Interesting times indeed
In the zeal to ‘reform’ society has been hollowed out. The baby was thrown out with the bathwater so to speak. Now it’s too late. There are far too many people who subscribe to the idea that we, as a nation, as a people, and as a society, are worthless and better off extinguished and they are working towards that end. They think we somehow we no longer deserve to exist. The fools think they can build a utopia but they have no moral or ethical foundations.

Unread 03-01-2019, 10:39 PM
Cream

Quote:
In the zeal to ‘reform’ society has been hollowed out. The baby was thrown out with the bathwater so to speak. Now it’s too late. There are far too many people who subscribe to the idea that we, as a nation, as a people, and as a society, are worthless and better off extinguished and they are working towards that end. They think we somehow we no longer deserve to exist. The fools think they can build a utopia but they have no moral or ethical foundations.
To be fair to the migrants, they will bring their own moral and ethical foundations. They're not coming here to eat fish and chips you know!

Unread 03-01-2019, 10:45 PM
Harri Jaffa

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
To be fair to the migrants, they will bring their own moral and ethical foundations. They're not coming here to eat fish and chips you know!
Fish and chips were invented by a Jewish migrant who combined Jewish food with the food of Spanish refugees

Unread 03-01-2019, 10:45 PM
Hands of Scone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
We’ve noticed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harri Jaffa
Fish and chips were invented by a Jewish migrant who combined Jewish food with the food of Spanish refugees
Lies! They were invented by Earl Chippenham-Fische of Windsor. Theyre as english as the bally royals.