United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > News, Current Affairs & Politics

Unread 03-01-2019, 11:06 AM
Harri Jaffa

Default The Channel migrant ‘crisis’ is really a tale of British hypocrisy

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...e_iOSApp_Other

Unread 03-01-2019, 11:12 AM
Lazlo Panaflex

Looking at it from a historic and long term perspective, I hope immigration dissolves any sense of englishness. It would be the justified cost of empire building.

Unread 03-01-2019, 11:19 AM
no fun

" Rule Britannia, an 1893 magazine described immigrants and foreigners as “deceitful, effeminate, irreligious, immoral, unclean and unwholesome"

that's exactly how I'd describe Irk & Cream

Unread 03-01-2019, 11:30 AM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazlo Panaflex
Looking at it from a historic and long term perspective, I hope immigration dissolves any sense of englishness. It would be the justified cost of empire building.
would you say the same about Scandinavia?

What about Mongolia?

Unread 03-01-2019, 11:31 AM
My Name is Heath

Quote:
Yup, I think that's fair.

The good English values seem to have gone anyway.

Would the world mourn us? Nope. In fact, I can barely think of major nation which would be less mourned.

We will just have the Premier League, foreign millionaires buying top homes and be an English language school off the coast of the EU for wealthy Indians and Chinese.

Some good English about of course but....

Unread 03-01-2019, 11:42 AM
Sparky***

Not reading all that bollocks.

Unread 03-01-2019, 11:46 AM
guerreiro

Quote:
Sound like a sore loser

Unread 03-01-2019, 11:50 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by guerreiro
Sound like a sore loser
Well we can only hope that in the distant future once any sense of "englishness" has been dissolved, that Ireland get the neighbours they so thoroughly deserve.

Something along the lines of Russia's treatment of the Crimea would be extremely amusing.

Unread 03-01-2019, 11:52 AM
Lazlo Panaflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Well we can only hope that in the distant future once any sense of "englishness" has been dissolved, that Ireland get the neighbours they so thoroughly deserve.

Something along the lines of Russia's treatment of the Crimea would be extremely amusing.
Race traitor

Unread 03-01-2019, 11:57 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
Race traitor
I joke my dude.

One day I'll tell you about the time there was a karaoke at the royal british legion in westbourne park...and my grandad got up and sang the Jolly Ploughboy..