United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > News, Current Affairs & Politics
Reply
 
Unread 28-12-2018, 01:49 PM
Chorlton74
 
Post bye bye Hmv

Doubt they'll get a 3rd bite of the cherry.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-46699290
 
Unread 28-12-2018, 02:08 PM
Jethro
 
Default

A real shame as it means Fopp is probably next.
 
Unread 28-12-2018, 02:12 PM
Sparky***
 
Default

Hard to have sympathy for them when they used to charge me 18 quid for an imported rap CD in the early 90s.
 
Unread 28-12-2018, 02:24 PM
Poop
 
Default

I paid close to sixty quid for the Godfather DVD boxset in there when it came out
 
Unread 28-12-2018, 02:30 PM
Harri Jaffa
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Hard to have sympathy for them when they used to charge me 18 quid for an imported rap CD in the early 90s.
Exactly this. And they stopped selling new vinyl.
 
Unread 28-12-2018, 02:43 PM
jem
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poop
I paid close to sixty quid for the Godfather DVD boxset in there when it came out
80% off selected box sets, currently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Times
The first HMV store was opened on Oxford Street in 1921 by Sir Edward Elgar, the composer, who hoped that gramophones would put an end to the “wild and virulent piano playing” then popular in the suburbs.
 
Unread 28-12-2018, 03:08 PM
Fat Al
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
80% off selected box sets, currently.

Got some good deals ... Sennheiser Momentum-on 2.0 Wired Headphones, down from £169.99 to £69.99
 
Unread 28-12-2018, 03:37 PM
Poop
 
Default

Certainly wouldn't be buying anything online from them. Anyone with vouchers are being told to use them immediately before they are useless.
 
Unread 28-12-2018, 03:55 PM
jaffo
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Hard to have sympathy for them when they used to charge me 18 quid for an imported rap CD in the early 90s.
People are saying similar things about your profession mate. I know what you mean and I haven't shopped there for years but there's 2,200 jobs at risk and that's sad I think
 
Unread 28-12-2018, 04:17 PM
Sparky***
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaffo
People are saying similar things about your profession mate. I know what you mean and I haven't shopped there for years but there's 2,200 jobs at risk and that's sad I think
True, but people have always had alternatives to my profession: Minicabs, Buses, Trains etc..

Before the internet, we were at the mercy of Tower Records and HMV if you wanted imported CDs. There was no alternative.
Reply
Thread Tools
All times are GMT. The time now is 09:56 AM.

Copyright ©2006 - 2018 utdforum.com. This site is in no way affiliated to Manchester United Football Club.