United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > News, Current Affairs & Politics
Closed Thread

Unread 21-01-2018, 10:18 PM
Zorg

Bit of a new there.

A lot of what he said was actually very sympathetic to women, like the career/family crisis at 28-32. Surely lots of women would identify with that?

Newman seemed to spend the entire time trying and failing to put words in his mouth, but he was clearly wise to it.

Unread 21-01-2018, 10:19 PM
My Name is Heath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapien
Dan Brown?
Well he probably does live in a house -a very big house -in the country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Bit of a new there.

A lot of what he said was actually very sympathetic to women, like the career/family crisis at 28-32. Surely lots of women would identify with that?

Newman seemed to spend the entire time trying and failing to put words in his mouth, but he was clearly wise to it.
You’ll know the German word ‘Torschlusspanik’

She woukd faint if she knew some of the words Germans have for difficult situations she’d probably wish didn’t exist.

Unread 21-01-2018, 10:26 PM
armchair

Quote:
Bit of a new there.

If you aren't familiar with the madness going on
https://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...ticle37003230/

https://www.campusreform.org/?ID=10167
  • A Canadian teaching assistant says she was reprimanded by her supervising professor for showing a video in class featuring University of Toronto professor Jordan Peterson.
  • Comparing the screening to "neutrally playing a speech by Hitler," administrators told the TA that the school has a “duty to make sure we’re not furthering … Jordan Peterson.”

Unread 21-01-2018, 10:28 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Heath
Well he probably does live in a house -a very big house -in the country.

You’ll know the German word ‘Torschlusspanik’

She woukd faint if she knew some of the words Germans have for difficult situations she’d probably wish didn’t exist.
Yep, definitely. Definitely knew that.

(never done any German)

Unread 21-01-2018, 10:29 PM
irk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapien
Dan Brown?
Loves a bit of Ballsack does taffers.

Unread 21-01-2018, 10:34 PM
My Name is Heath

Quote:
Yep, definitely. Definitely knew that.

(never done any German)

Weren’t you learning Romanian or something? I thought you knew about 6 languages and just assumed one of them was German.

It mean ‘fear at the closing of the door/gate’ and relates to a woman feeling like the clock is running out on her time to have kids.

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair

• A Canadian teaching assistant says she was reprimanded by her supervising professor for showing a video in class featuring University of Toronto professor Jordan Peterson.
  • Comparing the screening to "neutrally playing a speech by Hitler," administrators told the TA that the school has a “duty to make sure we’re not furthering … Jordan Peterson.”
WTF

So - what heinous crime is he actually accused of? Surely it can’t just be this transgender pronoun thing? Bonkers if so....

Unread 21-01-2018, 10:42 PM
irk

This is the level of batshit that he was dealing with

The full debate. The showing of which in a seminar at laurier university led to the furore referenced above

Unread 21-01-2018, 10:44 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Heath

Weren’t you learning Romanian or something? I thought you knew about 6 languages and just assumed one of them was German.

It mean ‘fear at the closing of the door/gate’ and relates to a woman feeling like the clock is running out on her time to have kids.
No, I speak French, Russian, Spanish, Bulgarian and Italian. Never learned a word of German apart from 'dummes arschgesicht' and ich nichten lichten

I like that one though.

Listening again, she referred to trans people's 'right not to be offended'. He didn't pick up on it, but wait - what? Right not to be offended? Such a right doesn't exist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair

Ah, that was him. Now I remember. Utterly insane.

Unread 21-01-2018, 10:46 PM
TheFatGoth

Unread 21-01-2018, 10:48 PM
irk

Quote:
No, I speak French, Russian, Spanish, Bulgarian and Italian. Never learned a word of German apart from 'dummes arschgesicht' and ich nichten lichten

I like that one though.

Listening again, she referred to trans people's 'right not to be offended'. He didn't pick up on it, but wait - what? Right not to be offended? Such a right doesn't exist.

Ah, that was him. Now I remember. Utterly insane.
Closed Thread