United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 29-01-2008, 04:05 PM
Fat Al

Default United's debt

Without resorting to a 47 page shit-slinging thread with 4 or 5 people getting banned, can some one answer me some simple questions about United & the debt.

Who actually owes the money? It's not United, is it? Is it this holding company (I can't remember the name)?

Is this how United can say they have made a large profit, yet that amount clearly doesn't take into account the debt repayments (the fact that technically, United don't owe the money)?

Does anyone have accurate figures for the past couple of years showing Uniteds profit & the amount of debt repayment?

Unread 29-01-2008, 04:05 PM
1MUFC

what i want to know is when its going to be paid off ?

Unread 29-01-2008, 04:07 PM
24hr Leavesey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Al
Without resorting to a 47 page shit-slinging thread with 4 or 5 people getting banned, can some one answer me some simple questions about United & the debt.

Who actually owes the money? It's not United, is it? Is it this holding company (I can't remember the name)
United own the debt. Red Holdings own the profit. That's how I break it down. Get any deeper than that and the whole thing gets convoluted.

Unread 29-01-2008, 04:45 PM
Child of Darkness

holding company have some of the debt united have other bits glazers themselves put $200 mill plus in of there own money

no of this really matters cos unless they take a very large dividend from MUFC then it doesn't get paid. Only if mufc is very profitable can the debts of all 3 be serviced . That means screwing us for every penny they can .

I'd look at the Must site for detail

Unread 29-01-2008, 05:14 PM
Fat Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by Child of Darkness
holding company have some of the debt united have other bits glazers themselves put $200 mill plus in of there own money

no of this really matters cos unless they take a very large dividend from MUFC then it doesn't get paid. Only if mufc is very profitable can the debts of all 3 be serviced . That means screwing us for every penny they can .

I'd look at the Must site for detail
I thought that the money they put in to buy United they also borrowed, and when they got control of the club, they lumped it all on United as well?

Unread 29-01-2008, 05:21 PM
Spiffy

My understanding is that the Glazers haven't transferred the debt onto United as we all feared. However they can't make the payments themselves and can transfer it when they like. If it looked like they couldn't afford to pay the interest, it'd be United's problem before you could say "at least we're champions".

I may be wrong but that's my understanding.

Unread 29-01-2008, 07:16 PM
Tumescent Throb

We're champions

Oh sorry, that's irrelevant in this pretend world where Manchester United is not a football club

Unread 29-01-2008, 07:17 PM
Lou_Macari_Chippy

go to MUST's site and read up on it all there, they are pretty good and actually fairly conservative in their estimates, they just base it all on available figures, as much fact as possible and only speculate conservatively where necessary.

Its not a pretty picture, if they can ride out this sub-prime ripple affect then they might just get lucky, thats already screwed them out of their re-financing plans. It's a fragile situation, but then if they can keep the value of the club going up they might be able to sell in a few years and do very well out of it. As business ventures go, this is basically foolish and self indulgent and has the potential to backfire big time. For us though not for them, they will walk away and carry one the millionaire lifestyle.

Unread 29-01-2008, 07:19 PM
waynes ear's

47 pages, 4 or 5 bannings

Unread 29-01-2008, 07:24 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou_Macari_Chippy
go to MUST's site and read up on it all there, they are pretty good and actually fairly conservative in their estimates, they just base it all on available figures, as much fact as possible and only speculate conservatively where necessary.

Its not a pretty picture, if they can ride out this sub-prime ripple affect then they might just get lucky, thats already screwed them out of their re-financing plans. It's a fragile situation, but then if they can keep the value of the club going up they might be able to sell in a few years and do very well out of it. As business ventures go, this is basically foolish and self indulgent and has the potential to backfire big time. For us though not for them, they will walk away and carry one the millionaire lifestyle.
The bits I highlighted are pure guesswork

The bit that follows basically says if it works they'll sell, and if it doesn't they leave us to it.

Now that may be true, but again, it is guesswork.

They will no doubt still be multi millionaires many times over in decades to come I'll wager thee, though. Money to money is why they are allowed to own United, after all. The world of finance is corrupt as £#%&! - immoral at best.

Unread 29-01-2008, 07:26 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
47 pages, 4 or 5 bannings
slowly but surely. i am sure it will really get going when pure comes in and mentions fc's asian following.

Unread 29-01-2008, 07:29 PM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
slowly but surely. i am sure it will really get going when pure comes in and mentions fc's asian following.
well thats one landmine im not treading on

Unread 29-01-2008, 07:29 PM
Spiffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
We're champions

Oh sorry, that's irrelevant in this pretend world where Manchester United is not a football club
Still following me around I see. You're on ignore so please stop quoting me, it's too much like hard work repying to your drivel.

You're a fool if you think the only important factor at United is their on pitch performance. Now run along little boy.

Unread 29-01-2008, 08:05 PM
Lou_Macari_Chippy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
We're champions

does it say football club on the badge?

Unread 29-01-2008, 08:24 PM
marlo stansfield

Quote:
you are hilarious.

how is our resident canadian red doing?

Unread 29-01-2008, 08:30 PM
shadowplay

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo stansfield
you are hilarious.

not an important issue for you , is it?

Unread 29-01-2008, 08:36 PM
Lou_Macari_Chippy

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo stansfield

Not bad. Snowed in today so i'm 'working from home' will be back in mc/r in April for latest company reorganisation/team building process HQ is in the hague so get to go to these pow wows quite frequently. Best part is seeing my little nephew, cracking little lad he is 8 years old.

How you doing marlo?

Unread 29-01-2008, 08:36 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowplay
not an important issue for you , is it?
who gives a £#%&! about "football club". I just hope they go the whole hog and change the name of the team to Red Football. See if winning games is all that matters then.

This is going exactly where I don't want it to but when you gett some #@&%! who prefers to spend his weekends in hospitality at the Emirates making snide remarks this is where it goes.

Unread 29-01-2008, 08:55 PM
marlo stansfield

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
who gives a £#%&! about "football club". I just hope they go the whole hog and change the name of the team to Red Football. See if winning games is all that matters then.

This is going exactly where I don't want it to but when you gett some #@&%! who prefers to spend his weekends in hospitality at the Emirates making snide remarks this is where it goes.
i dont prefer to.

and tbh i dont take you seriously.

Unread 29-01-2008, 09:07 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
oh yeah good point

United aren't a football club
Closed Thread