United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 21-12-2018, 03:17 PM
redhegemony

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Bloody hell, pal. Ok the signing of the contract. Pedantic £#%&!er
The trouble is how do you prove a gentleman's agreement as it's not written and seems to contradict the written contract.

But at the end of the day if he wants to go Levy can't really hold him up for long - it's just how much - then a gentleman's agreement to go would be important in terms of compensation.

Unread 21-12-2018, 03:21 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhegemony
counsel....
That too..

Unread 21-12-2018, 05:57 PM
red in cumbria

At the end of the day if Poch *really* wants to join us, he will. Whatever the technicalities of the law actually are

Unread 21-12-2018, 05:59 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
The trouble is how do you prove a gentleman's agreement as it's not written and seems to contradict the written contract.

But at the end of the day if he wants to go Levy can't really hold him up for long - it's just how much - then a gentleman's agreement to go would be important in terms of compensation.
Sure. By all accounts Poch manages to forge great relationships with the owners and executives. I suspect more than a release clause he would have signed on the understanding that if one of those three come in then Spurs at least be reasonable.

But either way, as you say, when a manager wants to leave for another club there really isn't much you can do.

Unread 21-12-2018, 11:59 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:

Could have sworn i wrote that about 20 posts ago.

Quote:
Yes it's a breach of contract for which compensation would be due. That's it. Even if a court imposed a period of garden leave it would only be short. Levy would take the money.
I did write that 20 posts ago!

Unread 22-12-2018, 12:07 AM
Sapien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
I'll stick with grinchy because he was in the secret barrister book.....
What's this? Spill the beans grinchers.

Unread 22-12-2018, 12:20 AM
redhegemony

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
Could have sworn i wrote that about 20 posts ago.

I did write that 20 posts ago!
You also said there was no legal basis to stop him leaving which was quite wrong.
Closed Thread