United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 01-02-2017, 10:38 AM
itisme_panaflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Just a sentence away from the truth I fear there fuzzy...

Young
Black
Successful

Hmmmm
Rumbled.

Unread 01-02-2017, 10:42 AM
Jethro

Couldn't give less of a £#%&!. Mates in the changing room doing their thing? Shocked. Shocked and stunned.

Unread 01-02-2017, 10:43 AM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
It's very obvious to me that the club encourages this type of stuff, especially from Pogba. The Lebron James esque promoting of his arrival during he summer made it clear where the people running the club stand on this issue. Any attention and continued online presence is good for the brand, and the brand is more important than results.

Rio needs to get used to it tbh. This is United now.
It's nothing new in that respect

Growing up I remember reebok adverts with Giggs and VHS tapes of Giggs training school or some shit

Then we had beckham and his hair and the whole adidas predator stuff

Now it's Pogba and his dabbing and social media

Kids these days are all about fashion, top knots, man buns, dabbing, social media, banter, followers, etc

Unread 01-02-2017, 10:45 AM
dunk

2m views on Instagram... 'why do they do it..?'

Not arsed tbh, as long as hey aren't doing shit like that the day after a defeat..

Unread 01-02-2017, 10:45 AM
believe

It's a good job George was too pissed to dance.

Unread 01-02-2017, 10:48 AM
itisme_panaflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
top knots, man buns, dabbing, social media, banter, followers, etc
Imagine saying that sentence to someone in 1997.

I'm getting old.

Unread 01-02-2017, 10:58 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
It's nothing new in that respect

Growing up I remember reebok adverts with Giggs and VHS tapes of Giggs training school or some shit

Then we had beckham and his hair and the whole adidas predator stuff

Now it's Pogba and his dabbing and social media

Kids these days are all about fashion, top knots, man buns, dabbing, social media, banter, followers, etc
Difference being this is the players being given the platform to put stuff out themselves. I can see why it bothers Ferdinand to watch someone like Lingard being showy when he's played for the first team for just a year, but as you suggest this is the next phase of the way footballers are marketed. And in case we hadn't all noticed, keeping things 'in house' as Gerrard put it doesn't really happen anymore.

Unread 01-02-2017, 11:09 AM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by forzagarza
If rio feels so strongly about it he should dress in black and visit their houses at night.

Rio £#%&!ing Ferdinand who made some caps with 5 on them
Yeah and was also one of the best defenders that has ever played the game

Focussing on his caps you bitter @#%&!.

Ferdinand can say what he likes to other players. He's proved himself as a world class footballer. Great bloke as well as it happens. He's absolutely bang on here.

Unread 01-02-2017, 11:10 AM
Tumescent Throb

i don't have any problem with them entertaining their instagram followers.

i have a big problem with BT broadcasting it.

instagram must be loving it though.

Unread 01-02-2017, 11:16 AM
forzagarza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
Yeah and was also one of the best defenders that has ever played the game

Focussing on his caps you bitter c***.

Ferdinand can say what he likes to other players. He's proved himself as a world class footballer. Great bloke as well as it happens. He's absolutely bang on here.
Do you honestly believe if Rio wasn't 20 years younger he wouldn't be doing similar. Maybe not dancing but certainly producing plenty of shit "content". And it is shit but it's not aimed at me is it.

Maybe take up Salsa lessons to help with your anger issues

Unread 01-02-2017, 11:24 AM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Difference being this is the players being given the platform to put stuff out themselves. I can see why it bothers Ferdinand to watch someone like Lingard being showy when he's played for the first team for just a year, but as you suggest this is the next phase of the way footballers are marketed. And in case we hadn't all noticed, keeping things 'in house' as Gerrard put it doesn't really happen anymore.
Yep

It all revolves around social media these days

Can you imagine the shit a 23 yr old Rio would have put on his intergram and twitter profile...

Unread 01-02-2017, 11:27 AM
believe

Hasn't Ferdinand been filling Instagram and Twitter with this kind of shit for ten years?

Unread 01-02-2017, 11:32 AM
puressence

Bet neither were to busy to miss a drugs tests you wobbly gobbled try hard @#%&!

Unread 01-02-2017, 11:44 AM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Hasn't Ferdinand been filling Instagram and Twitter with this kind of shit for ten years?
That wasn't his point though was it tubs

Unread 01-02-2017, 11:49 AM
tatty

It's what kids do nowadays and as long as they're doing their jobs on the pitch I don't care how absurd they make themselves look off it.

Unread 01-02-2017, 11:49 AM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Do you honestly believe if Rio wasn't 20 years younger he wouldn't be doing similar. Maybe not dancing but certainly producing plenty of shit "content". And it is shit but it's not aimed at me is it.

Maybe take up Salsa lessons to help with your anger issues
Yeah perhaps but his point is that he earnt the "right" by winning multiple trophies etc and being successful. United are 6th in the league.

Yeah apologies for the @#%&! aspect but it was more of the cuff than anything tbph.

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
Bet neither were to busy to miss a drugs tests you wobbly gobbled try hard @#%&!
ludicrous as always from the forum's braindead moobed up numpty.

Unread 01-02-2017, 11:51 AM
Whip Hubley

yeah rio needs to get off his exceptionally high horse here. They're not doing any harm....

yeah lets get an extra 2 minutes shooting practice in lads instead of making an instagram vid in the dressing rooom...lads......lads??

Unread 01-02-2017, 11:51 AM
forzagarza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
Yeah perhaps but his point is that he earnt the "right" by winning multiple trophies etc and being successful. United are 6th in the league.

Yeah apologies for the c*** aspect but it was more of the cuff than anything tbph.

y.
The @#%&! bit is technically true so it's fine

Unread 01-02-2017, 11:52 AM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
The @#%&! bit is technically true so it's fine
apologies for the bitter aspect than at least

Unread 01-02-2017, 12:18 PM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
yeah rio needs to get off his exceptionally high horse here. They're not doing any harm....

yeah lets get an extra 2 minutes shooting practice in lads instead of making an instagram vid in the dressing rooom...lads......lads??

Totally. Love rio but when you pull the most contrived avoidance stunt in history (allegedly) to deliberately miss a drugs test (allegedly) because you've been snorting coke (allegedly) then you can't complain about a bit of dancing ffs.

Glad to see there's a bit of dressing room bants back given the huge huge cake shaped void left by the departure of warm up dj and general prankster fat wap Anderson coupled with van gaal's marathon zzzzzzz analysis.
Closed Thread