United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 01-02-2017, 12:18 PM
Marlon Van Baron

I don't understand the bitter hatred towards Leicester City

They were a breath of fresh air last season, stopped City or Arsenal winning the league when United were incapable of so.

Played some great football last season and deserved winning the title. Going to City in March time when there was only a few points between them and handing City their arses was a highlight for me.

FWIW Jamie Vardy is a pikey @#%&!.

Unread 01-02-2017, 12:20 PM
dodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlon Van Baron

They were a breath of fresh air last season, stopped City or Arsenal winning the league when United were incapable of so.

Played some great football last season and deserved winning the title. Going to City in March time when there was only a few points between them and handing City their arses was a highlight for me.

I enjoyed all that but I was bored of the fairy tale shit about a day after they won it and it would be hilarious if they went down. Surely that's the proper order of things?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furry Russian hats
I knew l should have put that bet on, they were 9-1 to go down at the start of the season.
I didn't think it was generous enough

Unread 01-02-2017, 12:23 PM
My Name is Keith

Quote:

Yep, it's bizzare. Relieved they won it.

Also puts into context how diabolical we were last season finishing 5th when every top team was playing like Leicester are this season and Chelsea were nowhere to be seen.

Unread 01-02-2017, 12:27 PM
Marlon Van Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger
I enjoyed all that but I was bored of the fairy tale shit about a day after they won it and it would be hilarious if they went down. Surely that's the proper order of things?
In football terms it was a fairy tale, they did it with a bunch of mediocre players who all had the season of their lives.

Let them have their ten minutes of fame and then go back to being relegation fodder. United were not even able to make the top five and Leicester saved the day IMO.

Seeing as United are not in the Champions League AGAIN I would love to see Leicester City make it to the semi or final. It would be an amazing story and almost unlikely to be repeated in my lifetime.

Unread 01-02-2017, 12:32 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
Yep, it's bizzare. Relieved they won it.

Also puts into context how diabolical we were last season finishing 5th when every top team was playing like Leicester are this season and Chelsea were nowhere to be seen.
Yep. Very odd. Surprised at a few people tbph...

Unread 01-02-2017, 12:41 PM
jaffo

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger
This.

Well done, you won, great, now £#%&! off

Unread 01-02-2017, 01:12 PM
thenorthwillriseagain

enjoying the leicester fairytale is for people who can't experience joy outside of football
being happy for those anonymous midlands #@&%!s
any season united don't win it is shit but especially when some no mark @#%&!s who come to old trafford and act like they're special cause they support their local shit club win the league is a £#%&!ing travesty
£#%&! small clubs and their shit fans

Unread 01-02-2017, 01:15 PM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenorthwillriseagain
Having a go at fc now pal? Wtf?

Unread 01-02-2017, 01:16 PM
thenorthwillriseagain

Quote:
Having a go at fc now pal? Wtf?
i've been having a go at fc for about 3 years tbf
complete yonnerisation of the support

Unread 01-02-2017, 01:21 PM
Zorg

Quote:

This. Remember how close 'they' came that time. It must do their heads in that £#%&!ing Leicester did it

Unread 01-02-2017, 01:23 PM
20 times

Quote:
enjoying the leicester fairytale is for people who can't experience joy outside of football
any season united don't win it is shit but especially when some no mark @#%&!s who come to old trafford and act like they're special cause they support their local shit club win the league is a £#%&!ing travesty
Better than the scouse @#%&!s or city and even Arsenal winning it though Jeff

Unread 01-02-2017, 01:23 PM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
i've been having a go at fc for about 3 years tbf
complete yonnerisation of the support
So people from outside the area/different backgrounds watching fc? Gosh, how awful. Suppose it's a bit like Leicester fans saying they support their local team over and over again as if it's some kind of racial purification thing.

Sounds to me like your ideology and football love is closer to leicesters than it is to united 's.

Unread 01-02-2017, 01:29 PM
thenorthwillriseagain

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20 times
Better than the scouse @#%&!s or city and even Arsenal winning it though Jeff
would take arsenal every time
only other team to have won the premier league i respect

Quote:
So people from outside the area/different backgrounds watching fc? Gosh, how awful. Suppose it's a bit like Leicester fans saying they support their local team over and over again as if it's some kind of racial purification thing.

Sounds to me like your ideology and football love is closer to leicesters than it is to united 's.
being against a load of oldham, port vale types coming in singing rangers songs isn't the united way?

Unread 01-02-2017, 01:29 PM
20 times

Quote:

There's a difference between being a yonner and acting like one

Unread 01-02-2017, 01:35 PM
prunier

Quote:
This is it. Fairytale

Unread 01-02-2017, 01:45 PM
Tronics

whoever put money on them being relegated this season is in for a £#%&!ing lovely ride!

Quote:
any season united don't win it is shit but especially when some no mark c***s who come to old trafford and act like they're special cause they support their local shit club win the league is a £#%&!ing travesty
£#%&!ing eh!

never got the narrative of them winning the league being good for football, really?

it was a £#%&!ing bleep, albeit a super impressive one but a bleep nonetheless. and the only people who should give a shit are their £#%&!ing fans

Unread 01-02-2017, 01:53 PM
andyroo

They are massive @#%&!s though

Especially Vardy

Unread 01-02-2017, 02:14 PM
Marlon Van Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
They are massive @#%&!s though

Especially Vardy
Nowhere near as big a set of @#%&!s compared to Arsenal and City supporters.

Unread 01-02-2017, 02:21 PM
Big Norm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
This. Remember how close 'they' came that time. It must do their heads in that £#%&!ing Leicester did it
This is why it would be funny as £#%&! if they went down.

That would mean that since Liverpool last won the league United would have won it 13 times and it would have been won 3 times by teams which went on to be relegated.

Unread 01-02-2017, 02:25 PM
Zorg

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Norm
This is why it would be funny as £#%&! if they went down.

That would mean that since Liverpool last won the league United would have won it 13 times and it would have been won 3 times by teams which went on to be relegated.
Closed Thread