United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 31-05-2016, 09:04 PM
saffers

Rather get Monchi for his 5m euros buyout clause rather than blow £80m on a greedy runt who already ran away from us.

Spiky indirect @ my boy siders tbh.

NB. Monchi clearly knows his shit, wonder what he would do at a club with more financial power.

Unread 31-05-2016, 09:05 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
Rather get Monchi for his 5m euros buyout clause rather than blow £80m on a greedy runt who already ran away from us.

NB. Monchi clearly knows his shit, wonder what he would do at a club with more financial power.
would maybe get lazy with more cash. in a funny way it gives you less choice.

Unread 31-05-2016, 09:07 PM
Neo

Thumbs up

Honestly reckon we'd be better off just giving Pure and Saffers the gig. Joint Directors of Football.

The lads have a stellar scouting record, and they'd dedicate themselves to the task more ferociously than anyone in the game.

Unread 31-05-2016, 09:09 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
Honestly reckon we'd be better off just giving Pure and Saffers the gig. Joint Directors of Football.

The lads have a stellar scouting record, and they'd dedicate themselves to the task more ferociously than anyone in the game.
Imagine trying to read Pure's Scouting report.

Unread 31-05-2016, 09:09 PM
Ashley's Grime

I take it Monchi speaks English?

Unread 31-05-2016, 09:10 PM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
would maybe get lazy with more cash. in a funny way it gives you less choice.
He'd have to realise this is United and not Sevilla quite quickly.

Scenes on here if we suddenly signed Stephane Mbia, as solid as he was for Sevilla.

Bigger budget so he could go for the players he couldnt afford at Sevilla. The sort of players Dortmund, Spurs and Atletico have been picking up.

Unread 31-05-2016, 09:10 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface
Imagine trying to read Pure's Scouting report.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley's Grime
I take it Monchi speaks English?
It wouldn't help.

Unread 31-05-2016, 09:15 PM
saffers

G Huntz: #Sevilla refuse #Monchi's request to leave for 'personal reasons', insist he honors his deal: signed till 2020. Club say he accepts decision.

5m euros buyout in his contract according to AS tho.

Unread 31-05-2016, 09:17 PM
Jethro

Quote:

He was at Madrid, wasn't he?

Unread 31-05-2016, 09:18 PM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
He was at Madrid, wasn't he?
No pal. Last 26 years at Seville. 10 as a keeper, 16 as DOF.

Unread 31-05-2016, 09:22 PM
Jethro

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick
£#%&! knows who I'm thinking of.

Sevilla want to play hardball anyway it seems

Unread 31-05-2016, 09:28 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick
Yeah, he's not leaving. Probably wants a pay rise.

Unread 31-05-2016, 09:28 PM
handsomebastard

Talking

Graham Hunter ffs

Unread 31-05-2016, 09:30 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
if they decide on a sporting director then surely the point is to have someone co-ordinating our operations abroad, and what better place would you suggest we start than to have apparently one of the best there is working for us?

as far as i can make out your basic criticism is that the club doesn't already have an established identity of operating with a director of football? as if fergie needed one. as if he wanted one.
I think having one while Fergie was here could have made the transition a lot smoother. Basically a far more informed version of Gill on footballing matters. Fergie's chat about there being no midfielders out there who could improve us was a concern in the latter years. And presumably the director would have absolved him of the responsibility of choosing his successor. Probably could have done a better job of chatting up Pep than Fergie managed too

Monchi handles everything, including academy matters. I wonder if the rumours of Butt's position already being in doubt is related to this. Overall my criticism is not so much going after Monchi, just the idea that we are bringing in a total outsider to rebuild the club. As long as it gets done, I suppose. And there are a lack of ex reds you'd trust in such a role, sadly.

Quote:
Michel, pal?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/M%C3%ADchel_(footballer)

Unread 31-05-2016, 09:32 PM
dragflick

Quote:

Sevilla want to play hardball anyway it seems
Yeah, they can't too much when he's got a 5m release clause tho'. We'll be tripling this @#%&!s wages, nqat

Unread 31-05-2016, 09:32 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
He'd have to realise this is United and not Sevilla quite quickly.

Scenes on here if we suddenly signed Stephane Mbia, as solid as he was for Sevilla.

Bigger budget so he could go for the players he couldnt afford at Sevilla. The sort of players Dortmund, Spurs and Atletico have been picking up.
sounds like we might actually have a chance of winning the europa league

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
I think having one while Fergie was here could have made the transition a lot smoother. Basically a far more informed version of Gill on footballing matters. Fergie's chat about there being no midfielders out there who could improve us was a concern in the latter years. And presumably the director would have absolved him of the responsibility of choosing his successor. Probably could have done a better job of chatting up Pep than Fergie managed too

Monchi handles everything, including academy matters. I wonder if the rumours of Butt's position already being in doubt is related to this. Overall my criticism is not so much going after Monchi, just the idea that we are bringing in a total outsider to rebuild the club. As long as it gets done, I suppose. And there are a lack of ex reds you'd trust in such a role, sadly.
i think the 1st part is a crock of shit, all of it - no offence

the 2nd part is interesting, given the undoubted success of our youth set up in recent seasons and the fact that it is now providing a path to 1st team football for some great talent.

Unread 31-05-2016, 09:48 PM
ScarFace

If we want him. He comes

Unread 31-05-2016, 10:18 PM
puressence

Imagine have a clued up
Person helping Jose along.

Unread 31-05-2016, 10:21 PM
Iron Fist

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red

Michel, pal?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/M%C3%ADchel_(footballer)
Who gives a shit? Sounds like England fans terrified of England having a foreign manager in charge of the national team.

Unread 31-05-2016, 10:21 PM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
Imagine have a clued up
Person helping Jose along.
What tune mate?

Tom Hark??
Closed Thread