United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 07-02-2007, 04:45 PM
£#%&! KFC

Default Ronaldo's staying because he says

he is

“I’ve got a contract with United. If these clubs speak to
anyone it’s my agent, not me. I told my agent I’m happy here and want to continue.

“It’s a kind of football in Spain that attracts me, but at the moment I don’t want to leave here. I’ve been at United for a while and every
year I try to get better and better.
“I’ve had to adapt to the culture, the football, the life and I think I’ve adapted well. It’s more or less what I expected to happen. I’m enjoying my career at United and I want to win the title.”

Unread 07-02-2007, 04:53 PM
TheNew

Quote:
Originally Posted by £#%&! KFC
he is

anyone it’s my agent, not me. I told my agent I’m happy here and want to continue.

“It’s a kind of football in Spain that attracts me, but at the moment I don’t want to leave here. I’ve been at United for a while and every
“I’ve had to adapt to the culture, the football, the life and I think I’ve adapted well. It’s more or less what I expected to happen. I’m enjoying my career at United and I want to win the title.”
That sounds pretty good, but I still feel nauseous at the thought of him leaving, and still a little resigned to it happening.

Unread 07-02-2007, 04:57 PM
legendary saf

I am a big Ronaldo admirer and I think he will leave United eventually. He's been here for 4 years, I can see him staying another 3 at least. He is only 22 and theres quite a lot of time left for a move to Spain anyway.

But these current rumours should just be ignored. I am confident he'll be a red next season and the season after.

Unread 07-02-2007, 04:59 PM
Rhodzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by legendary saf
I am a big Ronaldo admirer and I think he will leave United eventually. He's been here for 4 years, I can see him staying another 3 at least. He is only 22 and theres quite a lot of time left for a move to Spain anyway.

But these current rumours should just be ignored. I am confident he'll be a red next season and the season after.
I know what you mean, but there are so many rumours floating about him wanting to go.

The thought of him leaving makes me feel sick.

Anyone got a link to those quotes??

Unread 07-02-2007, 05:00 PM
legendary saf

Yeah, wheres the link.

Unread 07-02-2007, 05:03 PM
£#%&! KFC

me too mate but I'd be staggered if United sold him we don't have to and he's not pushing for a move

the only player we sold at his peak in last 15 years was Kanchelskis......oh and Forlan

Unread 07-02-2007, 05:04 PM
£#%&! KFC

I don't do links or WUMS

the quotes will be all over the papers tomorrow they are from an interview he did for a football magazine yesterday

Unread 07-02-2007, 05:09 PM
burnallbooks

Ronaldo's Future With United Still Up In The Air

"I don't know where I will be in the space of the next six months," Ronaldo said. "The only thing I am sure about is I want to continue at the level I've reached and aim to improve even more."

Unread 07-02-2007, 05:10 PM
Ether

Quote:
me too mate but I'd be staggered if United sold him we don't have to and he's not pushing for a move

the only player we sold at his peak in last 15 years was Kanchelskis......oh and Forlan
And Stam.

Unread 07-02-2007, 05:10 PM
koppas

Unread 07-02-2007, 05:12 PM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ether
And Stam.
He did nothing really of note and was nowhere near as good as when he was at united though.

Unread 07-02-2007, 05:17 PM
elephantstone

I think its a load of old %@#$&!s, they have nothing to write about so will misquote a 22 year old palyer who is playing at the top of his game.

United have always sold papers so lets stick a red related story on the back page.

Unread 07-02-2007, 05:18 PM
£#%&! KFC

Stam???? he peaked in 1999 then we got rid has done little since even at Milan he wasn't first choice

Unread 07-02-2007, 05:25 PM
Ether

Quote:
Stam???? he peaked in 1999 then we got rid has done little since even at Milan he wasn't first choice
Yeah, we got rid because he'd peaked

He did enough at Lazio to earn a move to Milan.

Unread 07-02-2007, 05:26 PM
MUFC One Love

Maybe Stam wasn't as good when he left United because he was disgustingly £#%&!ed off? Just maybe that knocked him back?

He didn't do bad stopping us in the San Siro a couple of seasons ago.

Unread 07-02-2007, 05:28 PM
£#%&! KFC

he was on drugs that's why we got rid

he was very average at Milan and Lazio

Vidic>Stam

Unread 07-02-2007, 05:30 PM
Sparky***

[SIZE="6"]He's playing well so its the perfect time for him to negotiate a new contract.

rule number 1 when negotiating a new contract is: Encourage other clubs to make public quotes about said player. If they don't, make some shit up.

rule number 2: said player comes out and says he's happy but "who knows" in football.

Unread 07-02-2007, 05:32 PM
Fountz

Quote:
he is

Which translates as I want to win the title but then I'll £#%&! off.. or if I don't go in the summer I have a contract.. and I'm quite happy to run it down and go on a free..

Unread 07-02-2007, 05:33 PM
£#%&! KFC

rule No3 get your agent to sit beside a Barcelona director at an international game and let the press go into meltdown

Unread 07-02-2007, 05:33 PM
S/Side.Red

I'll wait for a link before believing those quotes.

Having been at the game last night it's becoming easy to see why Ronaldo would want to leave this country behind. A friendly international match, which has nothing to do with England or English football, and he still has to put up with all that shit.

I don't care how thick-skinned he is or how much he or others say it inspires him - it can't be much fun being so universally hated. I'm sure he wouldn't mind if it was just the Liverpool fans, or just the Arsenal fans, but it's everyone in this country other than United fans.

Imagine the attraction of going to Spain (a culture he's more comfortable in anyway) and being able to start afresh, not having to put up with all this bile every time he sets foot on the pitch, and being treated like a normal human being.

Hopefully we'll win the league and he'll give it one more year, by which time it will all have died down.
Closed Thread