United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 03-06-2008, 08:54 PM
BarryX

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
I think he was using it to aid his recovery from injury, probably on the advice of the Dutch squad. The way he bulked up was ridiculous, he was a rippling giant by the time he came back from injury,

Interesting what he said about Ruud.
what did he say, what did he say ???

Unread 03-06-2008, 09:00 PM
Tumescent Throb

Ferguson has long since made peace with Stam

Maybe a bit of sentiment there methinks

Someone get a link to this Sky lark please

Unread 03-06-2008, 09:05 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teville
what did he say, what did he say ???
They knew ruud was going to leave when he signed his new contract and was only ever here short term.

Also referred to him, Beckham and Keane when talking about the transition of the team, said Beckham and Keane were great players and it was a shame they had to go, said Ruud wanted to go so they sold him to Real.

What was said added to what wasn't is very insightful IMO.

Unread 03-06-2008, 09:16 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
They knew ruud was going to leave when he signed his new contract and was only ever here short term.

Also referred to him, Beckham and Keane when talking about the transition of the team, said Beckham and Keane were great players and it was a shame they had to go, said Ruud wanted to go so they sold him to Real.

all that is known anyway dunk, even if #@&%!heads choose not to admit it

how do you mean "what wasn't said"? Spill it now!

Unread 03-06-2008, 09:16 PM
BarryX

Quote:

cheers.

Unread 03-06-2008, 09:22 PM
johnplayer

quite a disappointing interview tbh - no great revelations

i blame Frost's newton's

Unread 03-06-2008, 09:24 PM
Ether

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnplayer
quite a disappointing interview tbh - no great revelations

i blame Frost's newton's
I blame the fact that Frost has as much footballing insight as my sister. Why was this silly #@&%! chosen to do it in the first place for £#%&! sake?

Unread 03-06-2008, 09:25 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
all that is known anyway dunk, even if #@&%!heads choose not to admit it

how do you mean "what wasn't said"? Spill it now!
He was talking about the departure of the three of them he said 'In the case of Beckham and Keane they were wonderful, wonderful players, it was a real shame they had to leave.'

Completely omitting Ruud thereby implying that he wasn't that good a player, waxed lyrical about Keano and his intelligence, ability and concentration, same with Beckham, just said he sold Ruud to Real 'cos he wanted to go.

He didn't think very much of him it seems.

Unread 03-06-2008, 09:26 PM
johnplayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ether
I blame the fact that Frost has as much footballing insight as my sister. Why was this silly #@&%! chosen to do it in the first place for £#%&! sake?
is it because he's the only one left in the media that ferie's speaking to?

Unread 03-06-2008, 09:36 PM
armchair

Thumbs up

Quote:
Fergie picked him AND supplied the questions probably.

Unread 03-06-2008, 09:36 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
He was talking about the departure of the three of them he said 'In the case of Beckham and Keane they were wonderful, wonderful players, it was a real shame they had to leave.'

Completely omitting Ruud thereby implying that he wasn't that good a player, waxed lyrical about Keano and his intelligence, ability and concentration, same with Beckham, just said he sold Ruud to Real 'cos he wanted to go.

He didn't think very much of him it seems.
ah right, yeah maybe. he said someat along the lines of 'don't go there' the other week on the subject to an interviewer as well

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnplayer
is it because he's the only one left in the media that ferie's speaking to?
yes john, whatever you say

Unread 03-06-2008, 09:38 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
no question about that

Unread 03-06-2008, 09:39 PM
armchair

Quote:
yes john, whatever you say
It's actually gary.

Unread 03-06-2008, 09:42 PM
Ether

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
I didn't expect a grilling or anything, and I don't really think Fergie's got anything to answer for. He just seemed incapable of even following up on any of his questions though, to prise some more interesting info from Fergie. He looked very pleased with himself for remembering about the Glazers though.

Unread 03-06-2008, 09:57 PM
armchair

Quote:
I didn't expect a grilling or anything, and I don't really think Fergie's got anything to answer for. He just seemed incapable of even following up on any of his questions though, to prise some more interesting info from Fergie. He looked very pleased with himself for remembering about the Glazers though.
It was basically a mutv production for sky but you're right Frost was poor. More a case of a big name adding gravitas than the best man for the job.

Unread 03-06-2008, 10:01 PM
dunk

Paxman would've been good

Unread 03-06-2008, 10:20 PM
Tumescent Throb

Garth Crooks would've been better.

I'd love to see Crooks tell him face to face that he took his eye off the ball in 2001/02 season.

Ferguson would've £#%&!in destroyed him.

Unread 03-06-2008, 10:22 PM
thatsfuctit

Quote:
Garth Crooks would've been better.

I'd love to see Crooks tell him face to face that he took his eye off the ball in 2001/02 season.

Ferguson would've £#%&!in destroyed him.
there would only have been time for a couple of overly wordy questions.

Unread 03-06-2008, 10:25 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsfuctit
there would only have been time for a couple of overly wordy questions.

Unread 03-06-2008, 10:27 PM
Stickman

Quote:

I'd heard on very good authority that rvn handed in a transfer req the day before we lost the 2005 cup final to arsenal. Really believe it more after hearing what saf had to say in that interview.

The ri sanctuary will be spitting blood at his flippant talk of the fans in the whole glazer saga me thinks.
Closed Thread