Looks like the italian mobster at Atletico turned us down

Unread 30-05-2016, 10:24 PM
ZiggyStardust

Thumbs up

He's generally seen as the best in the business and isn't a Mendes puppet

Would be a great appointment and much needed if it happens

Unread 30-05-2016, 10:26 PM
Cream

Mourinho wants someone to interfere with his job??

I don't get it.

What do they do?

Unread 30-05-2016, 10:28 PM
Rashnaldo

Better news than Mourinho, but the fanboys won't see how huge that'd be, guy is a superstar in his field.

Unread 30-05-2016, 10:28 PM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream

I don't get it.

What do they do?
He's seen what a complete £#%&!ing buffoon Woodward is, and needs someone sorting the football shit out upstairs.

Unread 30-05-2016, 10:29 PM
Rashnaldo

Quote:

I don't get it.

What do they do?
Mou ended up with trash like Falcao (great stuff from his buddy Mendes), Djilobodji, Pedro... He's smart enough to know he needs someone to buy players for him.

Unread 30-05-2016, 10:33 PM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:

I don't get it.

What do they do?
Mourinho's job isn't to scout players and then do the negotiations with the player and their club

Mourinho will give a criteria for the type of players he wants and then it would be up to Monchi to give him a list of potential players and then Mou would pick which ones he wants
It would then be up to Monchi to negotiate with the players club and the players agent and get the deal done

In a better run club the director of football would impose a clear football vision on the club and appoint first team coaches based on that vision and he would identify and sign players based on that vision

Unread 30-05-2016, 10:35 PM
S/Side.Red

The lack of imagination at the club is embarrassing.

Maybe we could try and get Rumenigge, too. And bid for La Masia

Third manager in a row to walk into the club and wonder why nobody here knows anything about football?

Unread 30-05-2016, 10:36 PM
Sparky***

Benitez's wife?

Unread 30-05-2016, 10:37 PM
Clarkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Third manager in a row to walk into the club and wonder why nobody here knows anything about football?
Second.

Don't try and give Moyes any sort of credit

Unread 30-05-2016, 10:38 PM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
The lack of imagination at the club is embarrassing.

Maybe we could try and get Rumenigge, too. And bid for La Masia

Don't see the problem with the club (or in this instance maybe Mourinho ) looking to appoint one of if not the best director of football in European football

Obviously they should have done it before appointing their 3rd manager but if it happens it's a big step in the right direction

Unread 30-05-2016, 10:41 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
In a better run club the director of football would impose a clear football vision on the club and appoint first team coaches based on that vision and he would identify and sign players based on that vision
I'm sure the last manager mentioned this to Ed. And I'm sure Ed didn't understand a word of it.

Unread 30-05-2016, 10:42 PM
VodkaAndCoke

Never heard of him.

Unread 30-05-2016, 10:42 PM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Benitez's wife?
My initial thoughts too

Unread 30-05-2016, 10:43 PM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
I'm sure the last manager mentioned this to Ed. And I'm sure Ed didn't understand a word of it.
There's only one thing big Ed understands.....

Unread 30-05-2016, 10:45 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
Don't see the problem with the club (or in this instance maybe Mourinho ) looking to appoint one of if not the best director of football in European football

Obviously they should have done it before appointing their 3rd manager but if it happens it's a big step in the right direction
I know, it's just that having a massive scouting network and line of contacts throughout the world is something the club should already have. The idea that United need to bring on a Spanish bloke from Sevilla (as excellent as he is) to show them how to run a football club is just embarrassing.

Still, if someone like him is put in place and Mou continues the youth policy, then before long we might just be able to get away with everyone else above not having a clue what they're doing. I suspect neither will happen, mind.

Unread 30-05-2016, 10:48 PM
Sapien

Quote:
Originally Posted by VodkaAndCoke
Never heard of him.
Used to manage Chelsea, Real Madrid, Inter etc. Now United manager.

Unread 30-05-2016, 10:49 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkie
Second.

Don't try and give Moyes any sort of credit
It's far from giving him credit. Just that when someone like him shows up after a career at Preston and Everton and basically asks what the £#%&! is up with the scouting, you have to wonder.

Suppose there's a chance that Fergie's brother wasn't the most qualified chief scout we could have had

Unread 30-05-2016, 10:50 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
I know, it's just that having a massive scouting network and line of contacts throughout the world is something the club should already have. The idea that United need to bring on a Spanish bloke from Sevilla (as excellent as he is) to show them how to run a football club is just embarrassing.

Still, if someone like him is put in place and Mou continues the youth policy, then before long we might just be able to get away with everyone else above not having a clue what they're doing. I suspect neither will happen, mind.
Yeah what's the point of doing any of this. May as well just shut down the club and not bother.

Unread 30-05-2016, 10:51 PM
Clarkie

Quote:
It's far from giving him credit. Just that when someone like him shows up after a career at Preston and Everton and basically asks what the £#%&! is up with the scouting, you have to wonder.

Suppose there's a chance that Fergie's brother wasn't the most qualified chief scout we could have had
He did apparently report that big Ando was better than Rooney.

Moyes is no better. Sending Phil Neville to scout Muller only for Phil to say on TV that Muller wasn't "technically great" ffs
Closed Thread