at least the "yanks out" banners can be re-used in 18 months

Unread 06-10-2010, 08:57 AM
antonin jablonsky

Default Re: Liverpool Sold!!

Hate the £#%&!ing Red Sox anyway.

Unread 06-10-2010, 09:03 AM
forzagarza

One of the main reason this will work is the cost savings through bulk buying of socks

Unread 06-10-2010, 09:05 AM
Ginners

fair play to the liverpool fans

Unread 06-10-2010, 09:06 AM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginners
for?

Unread 06-10-2010, 09:10 AM
Harri Jaffa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginners

Unread 06-10-2010, 09:13 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Boy Ronaldo!
for?
Succeeding in casting off the oppression of American debt where we couldn't. They are better than us I'm afraid.

Unread 06-10-2010, 09:14 AM
Gruber

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky

Unread 06-10-2010, 09:20 AM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
Whilst the new american might bring more stabilty, he's clearly not going to chuck money at them until they win everything.
That’s my feeling to. But removing the debt burden can only help – saves them over £30 million a year.

Be interesting to see how they finance any new stadium. I don’t believe they’ll pay cash for it...probably new long term loans/bonds of the sort Arsenal used?

Always feared those @#%&!s from the Qatari Royal Family would snap them up

Unread 06-10-2010, 09:37 AM
antonin jablonsky

Default Re: Boston Red Sox owner has bid for LFC

Can someone tell me how the board can sell the club without the agreement of the owners?

Unread 06-10-2010, 09:37 AM
Dueling Banjos

I wonder what Rex7 would've made of all this?

I'd imagine he'd have given us a better insight into the long term plans of this lot.

Unread 06-10-2010, 09:43 AM
Time For Heroes

Quote:
This.

Being a Yankees fan for many years I've always hated the Red Sox, the team that all the 'neutrals' love.

£#%&!ing tosspots just like the scousers. Gives me even more reason to hate them now (as if that were possible of the wall pushing, shit-flinging, chicken mourning @#%&!s).

Unread 06-10-2010, 10:05 AM
Withers

Quote:
Succeeding in casting off the oppression of American debt where we couldn't. They are better than us I'm afraid.
They didn't succeed, the banks did.

Glazer is better at plate spinning that's all. Money is the only thing that can get either set out.

Unread 06-10-2010, 10:08 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Withers
They didn't succeed, the banks did.

Glazer is better at plate spinning that's all. Money is the only thing that can get either set out.
Nope it was the good and loyal fans of Liverpool FC. They won, we lost I'm afraid, we should hang our heads in shame.

Unread 06-10-2010, 10:11 AM
Sloane

They made the most of Fenway Park, the oldest stadium in Major League Baseball, by squeezing in more seats and then charging the highest prices for home games

Unread 06-10-2010, 10:26 AM
andyroo

£#%&!ing hell. I've already had scouse @#%&!s gloating at me about how they got rid of their owners from hell and we're stuck with the Glazers.

Unread 06-10-2010, 10:40 AM
Spiffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by thankseric
hopefully soon we'll be having a Dear Mr Henry video.
Quote:
Well we've been shown the blueprint for getting rid of the vultures. Constant protests, boycotts and getting the players to voice their concerns. We can't make Gary Neville and other top reds do what Gerrard and co did but we could boycott, if we could all be arsed. They were always going to get rid of their owners before us, we've accepted ours. We should be ashamed.

Unread 06-10-2010, 10:43 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffy
Well we've been shown the blueprint for getting rid of the vultures. Constant protests, boycotts and getting the players to voice their concerns. We can't make Gary Neville and other top reds do what Gerrard and co did but we could boycott, if we could all be arsed. They were always going to get rid of their owners before us, we've accepted ours. We should be ashamed.
Spot on that i'm afraid.

Unread 06-10-2010, 10:45 AM
Spiffy

Let's call it Kopside, the soap opera of Liverpool Football Club's attempts to find a new owner and avoid being placed into administration.

With just 10 days left before Royal Bank of Scotland would seize control of the club as its main creditor, the club has announced that it is negotiating with two bidders it regards as credible, one of which is the owner of the US Boston Red Sox baseball team, John Henry.
These bidders are prepared only to offer between £250m and £300m, enough to pay off Liverpool's bank creditors, led by Royal Bank of Scotland - but not enough to provide any recompense to the club's current owners, Tom Hicks and George Gillett.
So in an apparent attempt to frustrate the takeover, Mr Hicks and Mr Gillett have sought to remove two Liverpool directors, Christian Purslow and Ian Ayre.
But their tactics are dangerous - because Royal Bank of Scotland has made it clear that if no takeover is agreed by next Friday, it will put the club into administration and then sell it to on.
RBS's resolve to do just that will have been reinforced by the disclosure that there are two bidders with the resources to pay off all long term debt.
As I've mentioned before, if Liverpool goes into administration Mr Hicks' and Mr Gillett's investment in the club of £140m or so would be totally wiped out.
Messrs Hicks and Gillett look as though they're perched precariously between the devil and the dark blue water - or are they being squeezed between the inhabitants of the Kop, who detest them, and the occupants of the Anfield Road Stand, who loathe them?
That said, the club's chairman, Martin Broughton, would like to avoid administration if possible - since the automatic deduction of nine points from Liverpool's derisory Premier League tally would make it difficult even for a revitalised Liverpool to break free of the relegation zone.
UpdateB 0751: It now looks pretty certain that New England Sports Ventures will add the Reds to their stable of sporting assets, which include - as luck would have it - the Boston Red Sox.
What is unclear is whether John Henry's US sports conglomerate will buy Liverpool Football Club in a conventional transaction, as a going concern, or whether Liverpool will yet be forced into administration under insolvency procedures - and under those circumstances New England Sports Ventures would buy Liverpool from Royal Bank.
The uncertainty arises from attempts by the current owners, George Gillett and Tom Hicks, to block the deal - which would repay the £280m owed to RBS and the US bank Wachovia, but would deliver nothing to messrs Hicks and Gillett.
Because of the opposition to the deal of Mr Hicks and Mr Gillett, the ignominy of administration - which would see Liverpool lose nine Premier League points - remains very much a live option for this proud club.

Unread 06-10-2010, 10:47 AM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffy
But their owners' failure has NOTHING TO DO with the supporters. The supporters kept turning up. It wasn't like they were driven to the wall by a fan boycott.

They were just as quiescent as we've apparently been. It's just their owners' strategy was even higher risk than ours. And they happen to be cheaper to buy out. It doesn't reflect on their superiority as supporters in any way whatsoever and don't let the @#%&!s tell you it does, though they no doubt will.
Closed Thread