United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 17-09-2007, 07:51 AM
antonin jablonsky

Default Silvestre at left back, Evra at left midfield.

Idiotic! £#%&!s sake we just spent £30 million on wingers, can we not play one of them on the wing and maybe our left back at left back?

Unread 17-09-2007, 07:53 AM
TheNew

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
Idiotic! £#%&!s sake we just spent £30 million on wingers, can we not play one of them on the wing and maybe our left back at left back?
Agreed. The team selection on saturday was nothing short of appalling imho.

Unread 17-09-2007, 07:57 AM
Whalefish

The funny thing is Evra appears to be able to play as a winger quite comfortably. Miss his overlapping runs though.

Unread 17-09-2007, 08:00 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
The funny thing is Evra appears to be able to play as a winger quite comfortably. Miss his overlapping runs though.
Yup, he does, so does Nani and we did just spend a fortune on him.

Unread 17-09-2007, 08:01 AM
TheNew

To be honest, Evra was our most attacking player for most of saturday (whilst he was at LW), but what the £#%&! is the point of playing as a winger when there is no @#%&! to look for in the middle, as has been the case for most of the season?

Unread 17-09-2007, 08:02 AM
The Return of JC

Quote:
You see, now you're getting it right.

It was a poor team selection.

I sat and listened to it on the radio and thought to myself how long it would be before he did the obvious thing and brought on the two players who should've started in the first place and, more importantly, what would the score be.

We seriously got out of jail this weekend. We were cursing our luck and complaining how our form had been good but the results bad in the first three games. Well, now it's a turn around - shit games, good wins.

Unread 17-09-2007, 08:03 AM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Nani is capable of pulling a rabbit out of the hat too.

For all the uncertainty on here about him, it must be acknowledged that he has been pivotal in every single goal this season.

Scored one, assisted two and played his part in the move for another.

Unread 17-09-2007, 08:07 AM
Whalefish

Quote:
He's not cost us anywhere near as much as the papers reported from what I hear, nor will he I suspect. Same goes for Anderson.

Haven't really seen an awful lot to get excited about tbh. I realise he's chipped in with a goal and the two assists (well corners from which we scored) but other than that I haven't really been impressed.

Unread 17-09-2007, 08:10 AM
rebelcountyred

Nani needs to toughen up and cut out the diving and histrionics a bit like ronnie had to, don't think we will see the best of him until after xmas but i have still been quite impressed with him. Going back to the left back position would the impending arrival of those two brazilians in the new year have anything to do with the lack of a follow up in our interest in bale?

Unread 17-09-2007, 08:14 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
He's not cost us anywhere near as much as the papers reported from what I hear, nor will he I suspect. Same goes for Anderson.

Haven't really seen an awful lot to get excited about tbh. I realise he's chipped in with a goal and the two assists (well corners from which we scored) but other than that I haven't really been impressed.

I think that's harsh, I've been reasonably impressed by him. I also think there's more to comew. As to the cost fair enough, my point was more about preferring players being played in position, particularly on a day you have a 34 year old left winger playing as your target man.

Unread 17-09-2007, 08:14 AM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelcountyred
Nani needs to toughen up and cut out the diving and histrionics a bit like ronnie had to, don't think we will see the best of him until after xmas but i have still been quite impressed with him. Going back to the left back position would the impending arrival of those two brazilians in the new year have anything to do with the lack of a follow up in our interest in bale?
Agreed. And he will.

Unread 17-09-2007, 08:16 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Why didn't Saha start?

Unread 17-09-2007, 08:17 AM
Whalefish

Quote:
I think that's harsh, I've been reasonably impressed by him. I also think there's more to comew. As to the cost fair enough, my point was more about preferring players being played in position, particularly on a day you have a 34 year old left winger playing as your target man.
No doubt there's more to come.

Unread 17-09-2007, 08:17 AM
Whalefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
Why didn't Saha start?
Because Fergie didn't pick him.

Unread 17-09-2007, 08:23 AM
El Calafate

Saha could have started, no problem. i just think fergie has europe on his mind this season. nft.

Unread 17-09-2007, 08:24 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Giggs can't play on the wing anymore. His crossing has always been suspect, but now that he can't beat a man there is no point having him on the wing; Evra will do a better job there.

I think Silvestre's selection may have been more about providing us with another strong aerial presence at the back for set pieces. Fergie often likes to go down that route for aways against the likes of Everton, Bolton etc.

To be honest, we looked no more potent when Nani came on. I don't think that decision had too much of a bearing on our performance.

Unread 17-09-2007, 08:25 AM
El Calafate

Evans can cover for Evra. he played left back for Sunderland didn't he? nft.

Unread 17-09-2007, 08:26 AM
dunk

Evra was excellent at left wing.

Maybe Saha was left on the Bench because he is required for game on Wednesday and Sunday and they don't want to put too much pressure on his just fit body yet?

As for Nani, he limped off, maybe he was carrying a knock.

£#%&!ing hell, some people are never bastard happy.

Unread 17-09-2007, 08:28 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
Why didn't Saha start?
Who knows, whatever you do though, don't assign any blame to the player or JC, his defender in chief, will be all over you like moss.

Unread 17-09-2007, 08:30 AM
Bishovetz

I bet Silvestre's wishing to £#%&! he hadn't been picked. Might not see him in a United shirt again.

An why, oh why, didn't Gorbalchops play Saha from the start?
Closed Thread