United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 29-12-2018, 06:32 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Is this a more pressure match than when they went to Camp Nou and got a draw to get through their CL Group? Or when they @#%&!ted us at OT this season, or Chelsea a few weeks ago? You can't just pick the matches they lose and say they are the pressure ones.

I think everyone suspected they don't have enough to win the title. Don't think it's a mental thing.
against a Barca side who rested loads of key players and who treated it like a testimonial and were quite happy for Spurs to scrape through at Inter's expense....

Unread 29-12-2018, 06:32 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
Siders is fully Poch gang isn't he?

This place next season. We'll all be dickriding eachother as we cruise to the league

Cantering on #@&%! all the way to May....

Unread 29-12-2018, 06:33 PM
Clownbones

Thumbs up

Quote:

This place next season. We'll all be dickriding eachother as we cruise to the league

Unread 29-12-2018, 06:38 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92ToBury
Played Barca B and Jose's United.
Beating Chelsea when there's no pressure on them in mid-November demonstrates what?
More than losing a lead late on against Wolves at home, surely?

Do you disagree that them finishing 3rd would be a good season?

Quote:

I hope so pal. Doesn't look like it sadly

Unread 29-12-2018, 06:42 PM
Sparky***

plot twist:

I'm hearing spurs have lost the same amount of games as united have this season

Unread 29-12-2018, 06:43 PM
saffers

Quote:

If it's Allegri then dickriding cancelled.

I think Poch would pick us over Madrid tbh.

Unread 29-12-2018, 06:44 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
plot twist:

They've lost more games than Arsenal yet are seven points ahead of them

Quote:
If it's Allegri then dickriding cancelled.

Agree re Allergi. Not my manager. Would be nice to team up with you to hound him out of the club tbh.

Unread 29-12-2018, 06:48 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
plot twist:

Shoot crew shots fired

Unread 29-12-2018, 06:49 PM
jem

Quote:
right. and I'd pick you over cara delevinge.

Unread 29-12-2018, 06:51 PM
92ToBury

Quote:

I can't see Spurs finishing 3rd though. They only manage that in two-horse races.

Unread 29-12-2018, 06:52 PM
saffers

Quote:
Agree re Allergi. Not my manager. Would be nice to team up with you to hound him out of the club tbh.

Unread 29-12-2018, 11:49 PM
Buck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Surely to be in the position to bottle you have to achieve.....

And under Poch they have, you could argue over achieved..
Bottling is just a synonym for losing to modern day fans. You can't lose a game without having your bottle questioned (whatever that actually means).

I like Poch a lot and would gladly have him here. What makes me laugh is the United fans who for the last year have scolded others for daring to praise him now all of a sudden desire him to take over OT.

It's been pretty evident how every time Spurs lose rival fans jump on them and Pochettino. That never happened when Redknapp got them into the Top 4 that one time. That alone should tell you what a good job he has done. He has established them in the top four despite being comfortably beaten on spending by the other top six sides (+ a few outside).

Unread 30-12-2018, 12:03 AM
armchair

no excuse for today. if we had scored a goal due to a wonder strike from one of our many talented players and went on to lose 3-1 the manager would be destroyed.

super naive from spurs. i'm not sure getting in a nearly man is a good idea tbh.

Unread 04-01-2019, 07:01 PM
jem

tonight's standard headline: "we're the side that everyone wants to beat".

apparently, they only lost wolves because they're creating something special.

Unread 04-01-2019, 08:19 PM
TheFatGoth

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
tonight's standard headline: "we're the side that everyone wants to beat".

apparently, they only lost wolves because they're creating something special.

Unread 07-01-2019, 05:26 PM
Switching Off

https://www.theguardian.com/football...ransfer-window

“I saw a stat the other day about how teams were spending money in the last 10 years and we were on the bottom in England and Europe,” Pochettino said. “We’re doing a fantastic job but if we want to be real contenders, we need to operate in a different way in the future.

“At the moment, it’s fantastic – so far so good – but we’ll see if it’s enough to challenge and be consistent in the next five years operating in that way; if we’re capable to fight with the big sides in the same way that we’ve fought [with them] in the last four or five years.

“One thing is to reduce the gap with the top four, to be competitive, to create a team capable of fighting with the big sides. But after, if we want to win titles, we need to operate in a different way. At the moment, we operate in the same way that we operated when we arrived. Maybe we can win some titles but it’s going to be a tough job because every club in the last five years has improved a lot.”

Unread 07-01-2019, 05:48 PM
Sapien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off

“I saw a stat the other day about how teams were spending money in the last 10 years and we were on the bottom in England and Europe,” Pochettino said. “We’re doing a fantastic job but if we want to be real contenders, we need to operate in a different way in the future.

“At the moment, it’s fantastic – so far so good – but we’ll see if it’s enough to challenge and be consistent in the next five years operating in that way; if we’re capable to fight with the big sides in the same way that we’ve fought [with them] in the last four or five years.

“One thing is to reduce the gap with the top four, to be competitive, to create a team capable of fighting with the big sides. But after, if we want to win titles, we need to operate in a different way. At the moment, we operate in the same way that we operated when we arrived. Maybe we can win some titles but it’s going to be a tough job because every club in the last five years has improved a lot.”
ON imo

Unread 07-01-2019, 07:06 PM
windy waffles

Quote:

Come and get me plea in there somewhere...

Where that is, however, is anyone's guess.

Unread 07-01-2019, 07:10 PM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:

Translation - “pony up or I’m off”

Unread 07-01-2019, 11:51 PM
Buck

Quote:
Mauricio Pochettino says he hopes to be Tottenham boss for 20 years and perhaps finish his career with the club.

The 46-year-old Argentine has guided Spurs to fifth, third, second and third in his four completed league seasons since joining from Southampton in 2014.

"I hope, or I wish to be here 20 years, and decide to leave or to finish my career here," said Pochettino.

"I am so focused here, and want to help the club to achieve what the club want to be in history."

He added: "It would be fantastic. I am so happy to be here. I am so happy to work in that pressure. Why not?"
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46787600
Closed Thread