Seamus

he wont know who james Garner is. More spin and PR bullshit

Unread 01-04-2022, 03:21 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamus
Thought this myself.

All a rouse so we don't buy a midfielder in the summer and people think "Oh yeah, that's that Garner kid Bruno was 'excited' to be playing with..."

Unread 01-04-2022, 03:23 PM
Drexl

Didn't James Garner park his car in his house? Dan Tanner reds

Unread 01-04-2022, 03:31 PM
Ethers

Of course he knows who James Garner is ffs

For starters, they were all in preseason together, and Bruno was bigging him up in August….

“ How much have the younger players impressed you during pre-season?
“I think we know some of them already. Jimmy Garner, I think is a really good player, I really like him and the way he kicks the ball. He’s really aggressive off the ball too. [Anthony] Elanga was already playing with us and this pre-season he has been brilliant. He’s a nice kid, works hard and is really humble and I think he’s deserving of everything that’s happening to him. I see a brilliant future for him and Jimmy too, and also for all the other kids”

https://www.manutd.com/en/news/detai...ans-back-at-ot

Unread 01-04-2022, 03:32 PM
Seamus

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
Thought this myself.

All a rouse so we don't buy a midfielder in the summer and people think "Oh yeah, that's that Garner kid Bruno was 'excited' to be playing with..."

exactly, they are taking us for mugs again. I half expect Pure to be on telling us he is the best thing ever

Unread 01-04-2022, 03:59 PM
Bunker Buster

Answers 5 questions and £#%&!s off

Unread 01-04-2022, 04:12 PM
Ethers

Dunk will love this one

Unread 01-04-2022, 04:51 PM
Bunker Buster

Favourite e-sports team

Unread 01-04-2022, 05:27 PM
saffers

Great news!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Favourite e-sports team
FazeBruno.

Unread 01-04-2022, 05:41 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers

FazeBruno.

Unread 01-04-2022, 05:50 PM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamus
Oh £#%&! off

Unread 01-04-2022, 08:29 PM
Dr Stranger

Top Ten Goals

Unread 23-04-2022, 03:25 PM
ZiggyStardust

It’s still ridiculous that we gave him a new and much improved 5 year deal while having a really poor season and still having 3 years left on his current contract
Hadn’t even made a decision on the new manager when we gave it

Shows the club haven’t learned any real lessons

Unread 23-04-2022, 03:30 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
It’s still ridiculous that we gave him a new and much improved 5 year deal while having a really poor season and still having 3 years left on his current contract

Yeah, a weird one. If he was in the last 18 months, then ok. Like the dilemma we have with rashford. It’s not that he deserves a new deal, but If we aren’t selling him, then he needs a new deal. And a new deal will always be on better terms….. but three years left for Bruno?

The club seem to think that things like this will distract/appease the fans. It really doesn’t. Ultimately, I think in this case it won’t come back to haunt us and if we put him on the market, he’d have plenty of takers, but we need to stop doing this in general.

Unread 23-04-2022, 03:45 PM
Ronny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Yeah, a weird one. If he was in the last 18 months, then ok. Like the dilemma we have with rashford. It’s not that he deserves a new deal, but If we aren’t selling him, then he needs a new deal. And a new deal will always be on better terms….. but three years left for Bruno?

The club seem to think that things like this will distract/appease the fans. It really doesn’t. Ultimately, I think in this case it won’t come back to haunt us and if we put him on the market, he’d have plenty of takers, but we need to stop doing this in general.
With three years left we had the ideal situation ETH will indeed be keen to modify Brunos game and if he wanted a better deal he would have to have adapted. If not we could have asked 100 million for him.
Now the power is entirely with the player who may respond to the next manager but will have little incentive.

Unread 23-04-2022, 03:47 PM
Gypsum Fantastic

No team should be building a team around anyone. Not sure it’s ever worked but definitely doesn’t today and we definitely shouldn’t be doing it around Bruno.

Unread 23-04-2022, 03:49 PM
dunk

Shouldn’t have been any new deals given out until performances and prospects of the club warranted them.

Unread 23-04-2022, 03:55 PM
pedr0

For the first time since van Gaal, it seems the players will actually be asked to play within a specific and defined attacking structure, and much less 'off the cuff'.

Gonna be a big challenge for a lot of them, but I have no doubts Bruno will work his %@#$&!s off to adapt. I'd be most concerned about Rashford.

Unread 23-04-2022, 04:04 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsum Fantastic
No team should be building a team around anyone. Not sure it’s ever worked but definitely doesn’t today and we definitely shouldn’t be doing it around Bruno.
Well, perhaps not build around in the sense that you’ve got one star man and everthinf goes through them. Agreed we shouldn’t be doing that, but I think the suggestion was that ETH has categorised the squad and had established a core group of more senior players coming into their peak that he would build around (I think it was DDG, Varane, Bruno, Rashford?) then another group who were perhaps a bit behind, but had potential (The Scottish Player, Sancho, Elanga) I can’t remember exactly who was on what list and it could all be %@#$&!s of course, but I think Bruno has the raw tools and attidue to be pivotal and most of his flaws can be corrected or mitigated with good coaching in a good team. Right now, he’s a headless chicken trying to do too much and £#%&!ing most of it up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Shouldn’t have been any new deals given out until performances and prospects of the club warranted them.
Certainly not to players who have more than a year/18 months on their contract, no.
Surely they must have run that by ETH and he was ok with it?

Unread 23-04-2022, 04:40 PM
TripDownMiseryLane

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust

This. They just keep repeating the same mistakes without learning anything from the previous ones......... They literally are just clueless
Closed Thread