United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 14-08-2022, 12:11 AM
ErikvanHaaksbergen

Difference is he's not playing Go Ahead Eagles, FC Emmen or FC Volendam any more.

Unread 14-08-2022, 12:14 AM
suedeshoes

Out of his depth. Dwarf.

Unread 14-08-2022, 12:15 AM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikvanHaaksbergen
Difference is he's not playing Go Ahead Eagles, FC Emmen or FC Volendam any more.
It would be quite funny if someone with more time on their hands than me, would look into those teams and find out they actually play with big Dutch target men.

Unread 14-08-2022, 12:16 AM
ZiggyStardust

Aside from the third goal I didn’t see him lose aerial battles

He just looks too small back there
Not just in height but in overall size
Looks such an obvious target for teams that play a direct style

I’d play him CDM and let him get used to the league
Give him another go at CB once he’s used to the league and the team is playing how ETH wants it to

In hindsight not the player we needed as our most expensive signing of the summer

Unread 14-08-2022, 04:35 PM
westcoastvan

Quote:
Originally Posted by suedeshoes
Out of his depth. Dwarf.
That is a bit harsh, but yes I wasn't happy with the signing because of his size.

I haven't watched the first two games (I promised myself I wouldn't watch anymore games until they properly replace McFred) so I can't comment, but...

I wouldn't be surprised if he's been getting mowed down and out muscled on set pieces.

Targeting all these young players from the Dutch league? It's a bit of a step up. Not even players from Bundesliga are a guarantee these days.

If things keep going south, well....someone is waiting in the wings for the international break to come.

Unread 14-08-2022, 04:37 PM
Sparky***

It wasn't him not being able to head the £#%&!ing ball which cost us the game yesterday ffs.

he needs moving into midfield

Unread 14-08-2022, 04:41 PM
saffers

Hes a beast in the air, hes just playing in a shit team.

Will be fine long term.

Unread 14-08-2022, 04:44 PM
redhegemony

He is a good footballer. Reads the game and sees space. Can actually pass

Unread 14-08-2022, 04:46 PM
Drexl

You would have thought him being really really small would have helped him stop that shot squirming under De Gea's body

Etc

Unread 14-08-2022, 04:51 PM
20LEgend1999

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
he needs moving into midfield
Would be an extremely bad sign if we moved a player the new manager signed to be a defender into a position said manager says he's incapable of playing.

Unread 14-08-2022, 04:52 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20LEgend1999
Would be an extremely bad sign if we moved a player the new manager signed to be a defender into a position said manager says he's incapable of playing.
A worse sign than getting spanked by brighton and brentford?

Unread 14-08-2022, 04:53 PM
20LEgend1999

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
A worse sign than getting spanked by brighton and brentford?
Fair

Unread 14-08-2022, 05:07 PM
sweetleftfoot

We've paid £57m to get Rojo back.

Unread 14-08-2022, 05:10 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetleftfoot
We've paid £57m to get Rojo back.
Tbf to Rojo, you couldn’t simply throw the ball over him to create chances.

Unread 14-08-2022, 05:21 PM
suedeshoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastvan
I haven't watched the first two games (I promised myself I wouldn't watch anymore games until they properly replace McFred) so I can't comment
That's a niche boycott.

Unread 14-08-2022, 05:24 PM
Wayne Jenkins

Quote:
Originally Posted by suedeshoes
Out of his depth. Dwarf.
I remember people saying similar things about Evra and Vidic (not tall enough in comparison to Pique) early on.

Unread 14-08-2022, 05:38 PM
wiganste

Quote:
That is a bit harsh, but yes I wasn't happy with the signing because of his size.

I haven't watched the first two games (I promised myself I wouldn't watch anymore games until they properly replace McFred) so I can't comment, but...

I wouldn't be surprised if he's been getting mowed down and out muscled on set pieces.

Targeting all these young players from the Dutch league? It's a bit of a step up. Not even players from Bundesliga are a guarantee these days.

If things keep going south, well....someone is waiting in the wings for the international break to come.

What a £#%&!ing fanny

Unread 14-08-2022, 05:38 PM
saffers

Be nice if we could give our new players a chance.

Unread 14-08-2022, 05:41 PM
NedKelly

Quote:

Unread 14-08-2022, 05:56 PM
Sloppy

Quote:

Closed Thread