United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 11-07-2022, 08:11 PM
jem

Default birdball: england v norway

that attempted cross from stanway makes 1b look like a footballer.

horrible dive. shameful.

Unread 11-07-2022, 08:13 PM
Danoli

A very dodgy penalty, looked like a blatant dive

Unread 11-07-2022, 08:15 PM
jem

a penalty "reminiscent of how alan shearer used to take them." well... ok, then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danoli
A very dodgy penalty, looked like a blatant dive
yes, obviously. there was contact that didn't bring her down. she realised she had lost the ball. so, she threw herself over. should be a booking.

Unread 11-07-2022, 08:17 PM
WackTheJack99

Sick of hearing how women's football is better than men's as the players don't dive. That was as bad as anything you'll see in the men's game. We'll probably get the £#%&!ing blame for it.

The superlatives are painful - BRILLIANT, AMAZING, WORLD CLASS. I genuinely think as a decent weekend player I could still get a game at centre half at this level.

Unread 11-07-2022, 08:17 PM
jem

the lady judges don't understand the offside rule.

Unread 11-07-2022, 08:18 PM
naes_sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by WackTheJack99
Sick of hearing how women's football is better than men's as the players don't dive. That was as bad as anything you'll see in the men's game. We'll probably get the £#%&!ing blame for it.

The superlatives are painful - BRILLIANT, AMAZING, WORLD CLASS. I genuinely think as a decent weekend player I could still get a game at centre half at this level.
This american bird commentating over here on ESPN said she "sold it well".

Unread 11-07-2022, 08:19 PM
NedKelly

Quote:

The womens US national team lost to an under-15 team 5-2 several years ago.

You could definitely play at that level.

Unread 11-07-2022, 08:24 PM
jem

white pretending she got an elbow in the %@#$&!s. seen everything now.

england's back four play it around better than united; norway... not so much.

Unread 11-07-2022, 08:32 PM
est.1878

Whyte has got one of them faces where you know exactly what she looked like as a baby/toddler

Unread 11-07-2022, 08:38 PM
WackTheJack99

I was very supportive of the women's team until the last year or so, when it's been rammed down our throats so much. I've used the Guardian for years for their sport coverage, but the only reason I go there now is to look at the white-knighting from geezers in the comments section, expressing their adulation at Mary Fishwife and Lucy Munter after their latest 15-0 victory.

The saturation coverage and ridiculously over the top superlatives have pushed it too far. Schoolboy mistakes not even mentioned by the commentators. Goebbels would be impressed. They can £#%&! off with the men now.

Unread 11-07-2022, 08:56 PM
dunk

Just seen the goals. Christ it’s shit.

Riise ate all the pies.

Unread 11-07-2022, 09:21 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
I was very supportive of the women's team until the last year or so, when it's been rammed down our throats so much. I've used the Guardian for years for their sport coverage, but the only reason I go there now is to look at the white-knighting from geezers in the comments section, expressing their adulation at Mary Fishwife and Lucy Munter after their latest 15-0 victory.

The saturation coverage and ridiculously over the top superlatives have pushed it too far. Schoolboy mistakes not even mentioned by the commentators. Goebbels would be impressed. They can £#%&! off with the men now.
Peak Guardian

Unread 11-07-2022, 10:02 PM
jem

hayes is like hoddle without the jokes and the charisma.

Unread 11-07-2022, 10:51 PM
WackTheJack99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd
Peak Guardian

She gets asked a question during a game and takes 60 seconds to reply, desperate to show the world how knowledgeable she is. The only thing remotely close to men's football when it comes to her is her face.

And let's not forget this nonsense:

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/foo...y-b918409.html

Another chancer riding the equality wave. Millie Bright "world class" - £#%&! me.

Unread 11-07-2022, 11:44 PM
armchair

women against girls that.

Unread 12-07-2022, 09:12 AM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
women against girls that.

Quote:
She gets asked a question during a game and takes 60 seconds to reply, desperate to show the world how knowledgeable she is. The only thing remotely close to men's football when it comes to her is her face.

And let's not forget this nonsense:

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/foo...y-b918409.html

Another chancer riding the equality wave. Millie Bright "world class" - £#%&! me.
Vaguely remember her making a tit of herself during the Euros. Think she was waffling on about attackers “not going past that defensive line” when the ball is played and whoever was with her just sort of squinted and said “you mean don’t go offside?” Before the conversation was quickly moved on.

Unread 12-07-2022, 04:21 PM
Lodestar

It's all so £#%&!ing try hard. The BBC wants to achieve parity with the men's game despite the fact it's a pale imitation. Have they discussed how it's a disgrace the highest paid female player is still paid less than Ronaldo?.

Unread 13-07-2022, 09:28 PM
Mr_Ed

https://www.theguardian.com/football...d-record-equal

Reckon Ellen White should be marked down as England's all time top goalscorer?

Unread 13-07-2022, 09:32 PM
Pop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd
Peak Guardian

Big scowling face on that. She looks like she's got to the chippie five minutes after they've closed and has to walk back home without her fish supper.
Closed Thread