United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Reply
 
Unread 06-02-2024, 01:05 PM
Patty_b
 
Default Diego Dalot 2024

Credit where credit's due, he's been really good the last two games.

Movement has been much better both underlapping and overlapping at the right times. Involved in the build up to the first goal against Wolves and then did really well to put us on the attack out of nowhere for the second. Monstrous block against West Ham to keep it at 2-0.

The only thing he's done wrong is passing the ball to Maguire when he let Emerson in at the weekend.

Hate to say it but it's probably not a coincidence it's coincided with Garnacho starting on the right instead of Antony.
 
Unread 06-02-2024, 01:18 PM
magic_cantona
 
Default

*Diogo

But, I can't agree. The first 15 minutes, he gave the ball away like he was colour blind against Wolves. And he did it quite often against West Ham. He does do well with getting forward and helping out and he can be very clever. But then, when we're caught out on the break, Dalot is usually nowhere to be seen and there's a huge gap at right back where he should be. Great block, agree but he's just not consistent enough within 90 minutes, to be a top class right back. If you could combine the good qualities of him and AWB, we'd have a superb player.
 
Unread 06-02-2024, 01:27 PM
Dr Stranger
 
Default

Dalot, Jota. Come on.

Over to the ‘unreasonably intolerant thread’, I think…

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
*Diogo

But, I can't agree. The first 15 minutes, he gave the ball away like he was colour blind against Wolves. And he did it quite often against West Ham. He does do well with getting forward and helping out and he can be very clever. But then, when we're caught out on the break, Dalot is usually nowhere to be seen and there's a huge gap at right back where he should be. Great block, agree but he's just not consistent enough within 90 minutes, to be a top class right back. If you could combine the good qualities of him and AWB, we'd have a superb player.
Pretty much agree. He’s got a great attitude and many good attributes: he’s quick, carries the ball well, cuts inside well and he’s adaptable to either side….problem is he’s thick as pig shit and positionally woeful.

He’s improved a lot and is getting the best out of himself. Credit to him, but we need an upgrade long-term.

Some players aren’t a massive problem and will do for now. He’s one of them.
 
Unread 06-02-2024, 01:42 PM
History
 
Default

He's an odd one. He's too inconsistent and his defending at times in baffling.

Understand he's become a managers favourite and you can clearly see him carrying out instructions that are being asked of him. Do not like this Darron Gibson trait of him getting tunnel vision and needing to get a shot off anytime he's within 40 yards of the oppositions goal.

Still not sold on him long term but settled on him being squad worthy for now
 
Unread 06-02-2024, 01:46 PM
believe
 
Default

His high fives gets on my tits. Everything. Simple pass back “high five” win a corner “high five” throw in… you get the jist. Don’t mind him as a player tbf but I won’t be too upset when he’s replaced with something better.
 
Unread 06-02-2024, 01:58 PM
wiganste
 
Default

He's shite.

Always out of position, was at fault for the Wolves 2nd goal last week because he's a dopey @#%&! and just stayed on the post when he ought to have been out.

Not good enough and if SIr Jim is serious about raising standards at the club, he needs to be £#%&!ed off pronto
 
Unread 06-02-2024, 02:05 PM
Bunker Buster
 
Default

The most inconsistent player in a squad....

A Portuguese Fred, either on it or awful....
 
Unread 06-02-2024, 02:10 PM
atticusgrinch
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b
Credit where credit's due, he's been really good the last two games.

Movement has been much better both underlapping and overlapping at the right times. Involved in the build up to the first goal against Wolves and then did really well to put us on the attack out of nowhere for the second. Monstrous block against West Ham to keep it at 2-0.

The only thing he's done wrong is passing the ball to Maguire when he let Emerson in at the weekend.

Hate to say it but it's probably not a coincidence it's coincided with Garnacho starting on the right instead of Antony.
Patty knows ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
*Diogo

But, I can't agree. The first 15 minutes, he gave the ball away like he was colour blind against Wolves. And he did it quite often against West Ham. He does do well with getting forward and helping out and he can be very clever. But then, when we're caught out on the break, Dalot is usually nowhere to be seen and there's a huge gap at right back where he should be. Great block, agree but he's just not consistent enough within 90 minutes, to be a top class right back. If you could combine the good qualities of him and AWB, we'd have a superb player.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
He's shite.

Always out of position, was at fault for the Wolves 2nd goal last week because he's a dopey @#%&! and just stayed on the post when he ought to have been out.

Not good enough and if SIr Jim is serious about raising standards at the club, he needs to be £#%&!ed off pronto
These 2 clowns might as well be a Labrador watching the games.
 
Unread 06-02-2024, 02:30 PM
shenwen
 
Default

He has been good on the last two games…he’s also been awful in games before that. As others say, no consistency. Still youngish I guess but would prefer a better option. Sell AWB - he’s never going to give us options in attack - and keep Dalot on the bench.
 
Unread 06-02-2024, 04:04 PM
Baron
 
Default

He's only 24, hardly had a consistent run - I think when you see his first touch, pace, engine to get up & down for 90mins & adaptability there is promise there.

He's no finished article, but he absolutely shits on AWB as a footballer & if he plays week in week out the rest of the season I can see him kicking on.

No issue with the positional stuff, he's being told to come into the middle of the park & occupy the space, the CB's & Casemiro should be filling in when he's creating an overload.

I see a higher ceiling, he just needs to play week in week out & create a relationship with his team mates rather than be a square peg in a round hole. Shame Martinez is out as he'd of talked him through games & helped as well.
 
Unread 06-02-2024, 07:38 PM
Gordon Hill
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b
Credit where credit's due, he's been really good the last two games.

Movement has been much better both underlapping and overlapping at the right times. Involved in the build up to the first goal against Wolves and then did really well to put us on the attack out of nowhere for the second. Monstrous block against West Ham to keep it at 2-0.

The only thing he's done wrong is passing the ball to Maguire when he let Emerson in at the weekend.

Hate to say it but it's probably not a coincidence it's coincided with Garnacho starting on the right instead of Antony.
Great points well made & fairplay to Dalot for making me & some other reds eat some humble pie these last few games & long may he continue to do so
 
Unread 06-02-2024, 08:38 PM
Dacter
 
Default

He’s a giddy cretin.
 
Unread 06-02-2024, 09:34 PM
the heathen
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron
He's only 24, hardly had a consistent run
He's started 20 out of 23 league games this season, 24 in 22/23 and 19 the year before. But yeah, he's hardly had a consistent run.
 
Unread 06-02-2024, 10:01 PM
Baron
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by the heathen
He's started 20 out of 23 league games this season, 24 in 22/23 and 19 the year before. But yeah, he's hardly had a consistent run.
Playing a lot better this season, hardly been G. Nev has he.

Don’t worry if you’re not informed.
 
Unread 06-02-2024, 10:16 PM
atticusgrinch
 
Default

Watch and learn


Quote:
Originally Posted by Dacter
He’s a giddy cretin.
Don't get giddy when you check User CP
 
Unread 06-02-2024, 10:37 PM
Hyman_Roth
 
Default

I don’t mind him. Prone to some horrific brain farts and lapses but then so is Shaw/everybody. Both aren’t brilliant defenders whilst actually being you know, defenders unfortunately.

I don’t really get the hate though. He actually has a go on goal which isn’t something our forward players do that often and it gets the crowd going/injects a bit more energy etc.

He gets a thumbs up after quite a long build up of not knowing whether it’s a thumbs up or down.
 
Unread 06-02-2024, 10:56 PM
jem
 
Default

I don't think his positional sense (or awareness) are great, but he is mostly doing what he is told. very risky instructions. needs to learn to cross quickly, as does everyone else. never want to see him at lb again. ever.
 
Unread 06-02-2024, 11:13 PM
Medlock
 
Default

He's shite. Positionally awful and one of the worst crossers of the ball I've ever seen.
 
Unread 07-02-2024, 01:43 AM
Stickman
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
He's shite.
This.
 
Unread 07-02-2024, 03:36 AM
westcoastvan
 
Default

I don't mind him, he showed up Harry Maguire on Sunday by being able to leg it back twice as fast for the save.

Obviously he's not in the best in class out there, but there are so many other positions the club needs to focus on replacing right now.
Reply
Thread Tools
Similar Threads for: Diego Dalot 2024
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Diego Dalot says Man Utd will battle to maintain winning streak under Erik ten Hag fred tissue Football Auto-Threads 0 05-09-2022 12:40 PM
Diego Forlan dunk Football 25 07-08-2019 04:08 PM
Diego Forlan Cream Football 35 25-04-2011 04:29 PM
All times are GMT. The time now is 05:01 PM.

Copyright ©2006 - 2023 utdforum.com. This site is in no way affiliated to Manchester United Football Club.